cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number on SIM card

mrthomas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.  I am newer to Public Mobile.  Initially, I activated my SIM card under a temp phone number.  I later ported my number from Bell.  I have a Samsung Note 3 running Lollipop.  On my SIM card, the phone number is still registered as the original temp number.  From what I've read about this issue, it should have no effect, however certain apps like MMS texts are not being received properly.  Many times when I go from wi-fi to LTE, it fails and I am left without data coverage until I restart my phone.  All inbound calls and standard texts work.  I know I can root my phone and update the number on the SIM card but I would rather not do that.  I do not know anybody with an unlocked iPhone either, as I heard you can you update this directly in iOS.  Could this be as simple as getting a new SIM card and registering it against the proper number, or can Public Mobile force an update/refresh to my current card?  Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mrthomas,

Welcome to Public Mobile and our Awesome Community 🙂

From what I understand, is that your SIM card is mixed with two numbers? your temporary number and the porting number. 

This is definitely something that we need to look into, can you please send me your SIM card number along both temporary and porting number? Please send it to me via private message.

Thanks 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.