cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call out or receive calls

fadednowback
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

I recently reactivated my SIM card after being suspended for awhile, I changed to a new number as well, but it's not working, I'm unable to call out or receive calls, I PM'd the Moderator TEAM yesterday and nothing. 

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

32 REPLIES 32

fadednowback

Its been 3 days now and I am still waiting.....how long does it take~!? 

fadednowback

Both incoming and outgoing don't work...I'm still waiting for a response from the Moderator_Team, its been 2 days now....

*Let me go pop another bag of popcorn into the microwave...*

FYI, I'm on my 5th bag now...

fadednowback

lol, I can assure you if I'm in airplane mode, I won't be able to get a voice message stating: 'Sorry, cannot complete call, blah blah blah' right?

lol...

Long shot here while we're waiting....make sure your phone isn't on Airplane mode. Robot Happy

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First just wait for a response for the mod team, I had a issue where incoming calls wouldn’t work but then after 1-2 days it started working. I suggest you try waiting 1 or 2 days and see what happens 

fadednowback

I'm also getting full-bars of signal on my phone, I suspect it's just something related to my account that's having some kind of issue...

fadednowback

Everything is good to go. I've used Public Mobile for over a year and have never had a problem until now. It's definitely not the phone or the SIM, its definitely something wrong with the account itself. 

I'm just waiting for a Mod to respond to me. I don't know why it's taking so long especially since its been over 24 hours now.

I see you've put more info in since I started typing that last response.  

I'm sure you're fine on everything I've just asked of you.

Okay, so I see it's the $20 plan.  And you've confirmed it's active.  Great, moving along.

Can you verify that the payment transactions reflects the $20 of the plan? You'll see this within the self-serve area.  Your phone is unlocked, or is locked to Telus / Koodo/ Public Mobile, and is valid on the network?

You need 3G frequencies to use this network.  If the phone doesn't have the correct 3G frequencies, it's not going to work.  The 2G network is no longer supported, and 4G is not used for voice information at Public Mobile.

fadednowback

Will do.

Waiting............!

Hope you don't have to wait much longer. Please let us know when and how this was resolved so that we can all learn from your concern.

fadednowback

I have contacted the Moderator_Team by sending them a private message yesterday, I just awaiting a response. I don't know how long this will take, I am just patiently waiting, I have not send them multiple messages as they say I do not need to. 

I'm just sitting back with my popcorn in hand and just waiting.

fadednowback

A month, I was out of the country.

fadednowback

When I login to my account, the status is ACTIVE. At this point, I'd be willing to pay more to get this working. 

fadednowback

Yes, prepaid, already paid, 30-day unlimited provincial calling in Quebec, not the build your own plan, one of the choices already there.

I'm just expecting to receive and make calls, both are not working. No text, no data, as I do not need data and text. 

@fadednowback, okay, instead of just asking when the moderators will reply, how about telling the community a bit more about the circumstances you're experiencing so that we can assist you if we can?

What is the specific plan you've purchased?  Did you pick a premade plan, or a build your own?  Are you expecting a voice, text, and data package, or only certain parts? Are any of the 3 services working fully, partially, or not at all?

The more info you provide, the better we can assist.

How long has your acct been suspended ?

Blackbox

Thanks.  Interesting, its working now...  No idea what happenned.  All good now.  Thanks.

fadednowback

If I do not get a reply within 48 hours, then what? As a consumer, I can't just keep waiting. I'm sure you need a working phone as much as the person next to you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fadednowback, as mentioned by @hairbag1, wait time of up to 48 hrs are not unusual right now.

Looks like you're going to have to wait for a reply from the mods unless someone has a better idea. I know that sux.

fadednowback

I've tried all that and it still doesn't work. I've never had this never issue before. I've already PM the Moderator Team at the link you provided YESTERDAY,. It's been over 24 hours and no response. I've been extremely patient. 

fadednowback

Tried that, same result, same voice message that I'm getting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackbox, If your self serve shows that your account is still active, then your phone should still be working.  If it is not, thhen there is either a problem at the phone level, or at the account level.  Any chance you can try your SIM in another unlocked (or locked to Telus or Koodo) phone.  If that still doesn't work, then it would be an account problem, for which you would need moderator assistance.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Edit:  Sorry, are you with BELL?  If not, why are you on the BELL network.  Your phone should be connected to the Telus/Koodo/PM network.  Check your phone settings...

Try dialing 1 before area code and number ?

fadednowback

I PM the Mod yesterday, so far, no reply whatsoever. 

When I make a call, it tells me, 'Sorry, we cannot complete the day, you do not have an active long-distance plan.....'. I'm making a local call. I don't know what the problem is.

It might be that the sim is nfg after a plan has suspended. You might need a new sim. See what mods have to say first.

fadednowback

Why pay for something that doesn't work?

I pay for something that gives me 30-days of service. It's eating into my 30 days...

Blackbox

My account is paid and was suppose to be good for a while still on this monthly fee.  I see no reasons why my phone should stop working...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

It not unusal to experience wait times of up to 48hrs or longer. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.