cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Retention Calls

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I left Telus a few months ago and ported lines out to Public Mobile, this past week I recived 3 different retention calls. I don't understand why they are so desperate to try to get me back, Koodo and Public Mobile are owned by Telus so technically I never left... They are still makeing money off of me after all.

FYI: Telus retention offer are horrible, they are basically just offering me the same plan I used to have with them [except it is now more expensive] but with the addition of s free phone that I still technically have to pay for as it would be on a contact. Is there a way to get them to stop calling me? I already asked them to take me off the list but it seems that has not changed much. 

Has anyone experienced something similar?

11 REPLIES 11

Congratulations on effectively escaping the grip of the evil overlord fido. So glad you made it out alive and wallet still in check. Welcome to public mobile. Where's your next vacation going to be?

Wholecloud
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a similar experience when leaving fido beginning of July. I asked them whether they had a low usage data plan and even offered to pay for the balance of my phone but they have no such plan. Of course I left and they came calling. They stopped after a few tries when i would not answer. I guess the calling thing after someone left would be a standard procedure for all networks, knowing the chances of getting the customer back is extremely low.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Poogzley wrote:

@Lar wrote:

Bell does the same thing when you leave. Sooner or later they will give up trying. Cheers

@Lar it seems like they invest more time trying to get you to come back once you leave rather than trying to keep you satisfied while you are still a client...

Absolutely.

Poogzley

@DL888 wrote:

Yes...those big cell companies will do that...they only budge when you threathen to leave or have already left. To me it's a horrible business model, why not reward your customers for their loyalty and build that relationship. I guess corporate greeds above all.

@DL888 Makes me think about this:

acquisition-vs-retention.png

After telus bungled my plan change a month ago I asked to be put thru to the loyalty department. I told them I wanted a new flip phone. I asked them for a credit of some kind to reflect the cost of replacing current one...almost 5 years old. They came back with an offer of a 2 year contract with the device cost of $5 a month. I explained to them that in the 20 years with them I had never had a contract and never will. Last time I asked when I went out and purchased my current phone for about $80 they gave me a $15 credit on my bill for one year. I came out $100 ahead. Telus just sent me a nice email to say we're sorry to see you go....a device buy out calculator?!! And an updated final bill. All in 5 minutes after porting. And fido....still working on it more than 2 weeks after porting.

DL888

Yes...those big cell companies will do that...they only budge when you threathen to leave or have already left. To me it's a horrible business model, why not reward your customers for their loyalty and build that relationship. I guess corporate greeds above all.

Interesting....fido isn't saying anything. They did call my boyfriend though...but this was one of their many problems. Lack of proper communication with the actual account holder. When they stopped mailing me a bill they only communicated with my boyfriend who's name was on the phone and they did a poor job at that. I am still waiting for a bill for the buyout of his phone and a partial bill. They are 4 days late putting it on the online account....and I made a specific request for paper billing so who knows how long that will take. They took so much of our money over 18 months maybe they no longer need or want us back!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poogzley 

PM is prepaid.  But postpaid subscribers look better on its financial statement. 

10 days ago, Koodo changed their contract to claw back phone credit if subscribers cancel before 24 months.  There is a mass exodus of Koodo subscribers leaving Koodo at the moment.  Koodo is offering $5 bill credit per month for 6 months for any custiomers who call.

Got a call from Koodo (Telus brand) couple days ago...I just got a few phones before their tab policy change

Guess they're all hurting from everyone porting out with cheap phones 😆

Poogzley

@Lar wrote:

Bell does the same thing when you leave. Sooner or later they will give up trying. Cheers

@Lar it seems like they invest more time trying to get you to come back once you leave rather than trying to keep you satisfied while you are still a client...

Lar

Need Help? Let's chat.