cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some incoming texts come from a different number than the actual sender's number..?

davewill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switched to public mobile a few weeks ago and everything good but this one issue.

As title says: 

I send a text to a friend who's number is 604 *** ****.

They get the text and respond

I receive their text from the number 044 604 *** ****

If I reply to that text my friend doesn't get it.  I have to text their actual number. : (

Everything else works and this only happens with some specific friends but I can't see a pattern between those friends.

Can't figure this out at all so any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

davewill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your help,

This plus uninstalling and reinstalling the google messanging app plus restarting the phone solved it all!

Cheers

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@davewill  Try using the regular texting / sms feature built into the phone. If it's an iPhone can try to switch to "SMS" mode or something like that. If this is still happening, then it could still be something wrong with your phone or the network. Contact moderatros with the "?" on bottom right of screen

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@davewill 

All good replies so far. Check out them first.

If the problem persists, can you find out which provider these 044 friends are using?

Or which phone model they are using? You might find some link/pattern there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davewill 

Were you possibly out of country recently?

Might the contact have 044 in front as one of the numbers for the contact?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@davewill , what texting app are you using.  I suspect there might be a bug in that app.  Try force closing the app, clearing the cache, restart the app and reboot the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.