cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone talk is not working due to running out of minutes

Rickyasf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I realized that I have gone through my minutes for the plan a couple of days ago and I was no longer able to make phone calls. I paid my bill which is due on the 3rd of august and it still doesn’t work. I initially intended to pay $5 for an add on it the money automatically went to my 15/ month payment, I added an extra 10 thinking that it will work again. Any insight on why it is not working or how to fix it. 

thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rickyasf 

This is a great add-on I buy one every three or four months depending on how much I phone back home to talk to my mom on the phone it's really cheap so it's easy to use it with your $15 plan.

@Rickyasf 

Here's a few pointers to help you understand how your account works in conjunction with your plan.

When you top up your account balance manually thru your card on file or with a voucher it goes to your available funds. This means its available to you to purchase add ons or put towards your plan amount upon renewal  or to pay to change your plan immediately (now).

Officially there are no refunds or prorating at public mobile.....so there is only one compelling reason to change plans mid-cycle.....when a customer runs out of data.  Anyone on the $15 plan does not  have this concern because they are not huge data users. Even if by chance more data was needed we would choose a data add on for its non-expiring roll over data.

Higher data users will choose to renew early thru the moderators or pick a higher data plan $40/5gb>>$50/10.5gb if they run out of data often with a week or more to go in their plan cycle. If they need a couple of gigabytes to make it thru their remaining days.....paying $10 more than their current plan to double their data alotment for the next 30 days is more economical than $15/1gb.

When you run out of outgoing minutes on the $15 plan it also wouldn't make sense to renew early when the $5/500 min add on is available. You did the process correctly to begin with....by adding funds to your account first. What thru you off was the way your account will automatically recalculate what is owed to renew your plan. The rewards page will do this as well but also calculate your pending rewards and give you your estimated payment.

So you could have ignored all that and just headed to the plans and add ons page. Scroll down and choose the $5/500 min add on (tick) scroll down a little further and confirm and then submit your payment for the purchase of the add on. Your $5/500min add on will appear at the bottom of your overview page with its minute counter. It will remain there to supplement your plans outgoing minutes when you exceed the limit of 100 min. You will still recieve the 10 minutes remaining on your plan text from 611 before it switches to your $5/500 min add on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rickyasf  please note that adding the plan amount manually ahead of the end cycle date won't renew the cycle early. If you really intend to do so, you will have to contact mod for early renewal.  

But since you are short by a week or so, using the money you just added for buying extra add-on minutes should be better.  The min are non expiring until all used.  It will roll over to next month and will only kick in again when regular min are used up

@Rickyasf wrote:

Hi there, I realized that I have gone through my minutes for the plan a couple of days ago and I was no longer able to make phone calls. I paid my bill which is due on the 3rd of august and it still doesn’t work. I initially intended to pay $5 for an add on it the money automatically went to my 15/ month payment, I added an extra 10 thinking that it will work again. Any insight on why it is not working or how to fix it. 

Simply topping up your account does not give you more minutes, nor does it renew your plan. To get your outgoing calls working again, yould need to do one of purchase the above mentioned add-on, renew your plan early, or perform and an immedate plan change to a different plan.  To renew your current plan early, proceed to opena  ticket by going to   https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rickyasf if you go to My Account, what is showing f as Available Fund.  The money you just paid likely sitting there and not used.

You should now go to Buy Add On and actually purchase  the $5 Canadian Wide min.    Once bought,  reboot your phone 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rickyasf wrote:

thanks 

Look in Available Funds....you'll likely see your $$. Now go back to Purchase Add-ons and select the $5 / 500 Canada wide minutes. Restart phone and you're good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.