cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM should introduce its staff or have staff profiles

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM is build on a community of members and PM staff.  Initially there was a core group of mods and staff.  That group has expanded which is great.  Recently though if seems like there have been several  PM tag tagged  staff  posting announcements and such out of the blue with little or no previous community interactions. 

Being  "a community" I think there should be a method for people to know who from PM has joined the  community and their role and also who has left/leaving.   

The oracles have a small profile, maybe the staff that post in the community (mods, and PM staff) should as well.

Another option would be to create a generic  account like moderator_team  ie Team_PM and have all official posts go through that account

9 REPLIES 9

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mimmo

Thanks for sharing this idea, and thanks @srlawren for bringing this to my attention! Smiley Happy I agree that we can improve upon humanizing our interactions in the Community. In fact, this was one of the great ideas that came out of the workshop we had with our Oracles and customers last week! We are currently reviewing all ideas on how we can do this, and will share an update once more info is available. 

Stay tuned! 

Brooke 

srlawren

@mimmo I think the moderator role in the community has morphed a bit since around the time Jeremy left the PM team.  I don't know if this is a deliberate distancing/pulling back, or if it's just been the side-effect of the mods concentrating more on requests received via private messaging queue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@stonechucker  i was not talking about a "dating profile"  it could even be a list of names.(mods and staff) That is kept updated. 

I remember when @MarieHelene_L and a few others joined @Mary_M and @Shazia_K, or when Jeremy left .There was an announcement welcoming/ saying bye  to the community. 

It just adds the the idea behind "community" rather than a faceless corporation.

srlawren

I also agree that this would be enjoyable and help foster the "community" feel of the community--provided as @stonechucker notes that the mods are okay with everything that's published about themselves of course.  

On the other hand, I think we've seen a pull-back on these types of activities and even moderator public participation in the community intentionally.  I'm not sure if this is something PM wants to do or not.

Tagging @Brooke_C to please have a look at @mimmo's suggestion and think about whether this is something PM would like to adopt.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Although a nice idea, as moderators are employees, some of this information really shouldn't be made public as it's a private company.

As a community member (only), I choose to reveal what I wish via the forum on my own terms, not what is forced on me.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo I love your idea hope Mod will consider that

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I totally agree.  I think this would be a great idea and make it much simpler and clearer for everyone in the community.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting observation @mimmo. I remember those early days when changes with mods was announced on the forum - welcoming new staff and saying goodbye to those leaving PM. It was certainly more personal - among all of us, staff and members alike. I wonder if the new model is mostly out of necessity as the number of people active on the forums has grown significantly.

Regardless, I second the idea of getting to know our moderators - it helps further humanise our interactions in the community!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

PM is build on a community of members and PM staff.  Initially there was a core group of mods and staff.  That group has expanded which is great.  Recently though if seems like there have been several  PM tag tagged  staff  posting announcements and such out of the blue with little or no previous community interactions. 

Being  "a community" I think there should be a method for people to know who from PM has joined the  community and their role and also who has left/leaving.   

The oracles have a small profile, maybe the staff that post in the community (mods, and PM staff) should as well.

Another option would be to create a generic  account like moderator_team  ie Team_PM and have all official posts go through that account

I think that's a great idea.  It would be good to know who's who.  Also, and if there are specializations within the team, it might be nice to know that moderator X is the expert on this or that.  Or, that Bob is the person responsible for maintaining the community FAQs, etc.  Just an idea.

Need Help? Let's chat.