cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Revert and Ported

Osmond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello my name is Osmond I have been a customer of public mobile for 3 years, I have had my number 647-852-4000 for a year and was trying to port it out to freedom mobile which it was containing an error message, yesterday I changed my number to free my old number but now it can not be found by any provider, I would like to revert my new public number back to my 647-852-4000 once completed transferred and portered to freedom mobile
4 REPLIES 4

@Osmond wrote:
Hello my name is Osmond I have been a customer of public mobile for 3 years, I have had my number 647-xxx-xxxx for a year and was trying to port it out to freedom mobile which it was containing an error message, yesterday I changed my number to free my old number but now it can not be found by any provider, I would like to revert my new public number back to my 6xx-xxx-xxxx once completed transferred and portered to freedom mobile

Changing yoru phone number does not "free it" to port out.  Doing that actually will cancel that phone number and you will not be able to port it at all.  To port a phone number,it must be active. You'll need to see if Public can get your old phone number back.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

On the positive side, system usually prevents others from taking number if you just did number change

You would require a mods assistance though if you were to recover it @Shazia_K

Yes, you have a serious problem. Changing your number deletes the old one making it available for others. If it has not yet been assigned, you MAY recover it.

FYI: never cancel an account while trying to transfer a number

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First thing never post sensitive data like Mobile Phone number etc; 

as you have attempted phone number change, to get your number back Mod team can help - @Shazia_K please send  a private message

Need Help? Let's chat.