cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service?

donovanchak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public mobile for almost two years. The signal was never good. Now it becomes even worse. There’s barely any signal in my house recently. Most of the time there’s no service. My house is just near a main road in Toronto.

My wife is using public mobile too. Same issue on her phone. Seriously considering switch to another company. 

5 REPLIES 5

@MargoBurns wrote:

I have had no service in or outside my house for over three weeks. I tried SIMon and was prompted to do a number of things including resetting my network settings. I am getting really stressed from not having a working phone at home.

@MargoBurns   What brand and model is your phone?

which area is your home? city and province.

are you just not getting calls? how about data?

Which plan do you have? $15? $25? or others?

What is showing on top of the screen?  do you see Public Mobile? how many bars for the signal? or does it say "No Service" or "Sim not provisioned"?

do you have a second phone you can try  to put your PM SIM into it?

Lastly, did you logon to My Account and confirm if the status is showing Active?

MargoBurns
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had no service in or outside my house for over three weeks. I tried SIMon and was prompted to do a number of things including resetting my network settings. I am getting really stressed from not having a working phone at home.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@donovanchak 

when you insert a new sim, you are in essence deleting your old sim from the 'system' this in turn forces your carriers network to force an update to the network, making cell towers 'aware' of the new sim, this can improve reception as any new agreements between carriers and their cell towers and any new cell towers since your last sim will be 'aware' of the new sim, allowing it to access them.
in turn 'improving' your reception, in areas you previously had bad reception

don't purchase a new sim. what you can do is put your wife's sim in your phone and then reinstall your original sim card 

on 4G LTE devices, the PRL(preferred roaming list) is updated with your SIM card. To ensure you have the latest PRL, you can power your phone off and remove/reinsert the SIM card once a month or so.

then reset your network settings

@donovanchak wrote:

I have been with public mobile for almost two years. The signal was never good. Now it becomes worse. There’s barely any signal in my house recently. Most of time there’s no service. My house is just near a main road in Toronto.

My wife is using public mobile too. Sane issue on her phone. Seriously considering switch to another company. 

Generally, if you don't have good signal/service there, you're not going to unless another "tower" is installed near you. As Bell and Telus are sharing a network, your only other choices network-wise, would be either Freedom or Rogers.

Need Help? Let's chat.