cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - voicemail not dialing, getting "2UV1" error message

DeepCove
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New Public Mobile account - had no issues with previous setup so not sure what's wrong?

On the basic 100mins + 250mb plan, should include VM.

When I dial the voicemail the call doesn't connect and I get an automated "2 UV 1" error message.

Please help?

8 REPLIES 8

@gpixel ##21# and ##004# are for resetting incoming call forwarding, not for the number used for dialing out to voicemail, usually by holding "1". Well - I guess it would help for dialing your own number to access VM.

@DeepCove are you attempting to reach voicemail by holding 1? You can also try dialing your own number after dialing the above 2 reset codes. If your phone is android, you may be able to manually set the voicemail access number in the advanced menus in the phone app. Here is a list of all local voicemail access numbers across Canada. You can use any of them, but it would make sense to pick one in your geographical area:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

For iPhone there's a different process:

Check Current Voicemail Retrieval Number on an iPhone (Should match one of the numbers in the previously linked list)

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input  *#5005*86#.
  4. Press Call to show the status. 

Program New Voicemail Retrieval Number on an iPhone

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*123#. <-- Replace '123#' with 1+the number previously noted, or another from the previously linked list
  4. Press Call to program the number.

@DeepCove 

That means all circuits are busy....must be a lot of people using their cellphones in your area right now. Try again later.

@DeepCove

try ##21# then ##004#

contact customer support mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

DeepCove

Thanks, will look at that if needed but currently have airtime and regular calling works.

DeepCove

Thanks. Tried rebooting, calling ##004# and rebooting again, no luck.

I was incorrect in the error message previously - it's "8UV1 - call cannot be completed as dialed".

Thanks, all.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@DeepCove log into your self service account look on your overview page and see if you have any minutes remaining. Call in your voicemail to retrieve voicemails messages uses your minutes. If you do, try doing as @hairbag1 suggests. If you dont consider buying the 500 minute $5 addon.  It's a 2 step process use the one time paymeny option and add the $5 funds and then buy it. See how to do it below. 

20200417_204130.jpg

To save more,  you can add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DeepCove dial ##004# to reset all unconditional call forwarding and try again

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DeepCove wrote:

New Public Mobile account - had no issues with previous setup so not sure what's wrong?

On the basic 100mins + 250mb plan, should include VM.

When I dial the voicemail the call doesn't connect and I get an automated "2 UV 1" error message.

Please help?

Reboot phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.