cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

Icemanjeremy902
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i'm trying to get back my old number from when i last used this service provider due to that number being connected to several important accounts that require 2FA and a text message and when i signed up on a new account and tried to customize the last four digits of my number to my old number it gives me an error or says invalid?!?! Who can i contact to get this situation sorted out! Cause i need that number back! 

12 REPLIES 12

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Icemanjeremy902 

As others have said, the number may be gone forever. It might even already be assigned to somebody else.

Depends on how much time has passed. And maybe some luck.

Still, it doesn't hurt to ask Public Mobile what you can do, what they can do. Maybe the number can be reclaimed if it's still unassigned. Irregular but not impossible. Send a private message to @CS_Agent or have a chat about support tickets with simple Simon bot.

2FA = "Two-Factor Authentication" ... you (should) still have another way to login and authenticate yourself. So I'd recommend you login to those services and re-authenticate yourself with a phone number that is under your control. Before someone else does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Icemanjeremy902 : Ok. I was trying to nail down whether the account might just possibly still exist in that you wouldn't have to start a whole new account. But if you stopped paying over 4 months ago then the account would be gone. The new account might also have to have a different email address but maybe you're past that already. Sorry for your adventures.

Icemanjeremy902

I last had the number probably last year around there ended up loosing my phone along with all my photo's and important documents which are all also backed up on my iCloud i cannot access without 2FA which is linked to the number i lost along with the phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Icemanjeremy902 : But again...when did you last pay on your previous account?

Icemanjeremy902

So i messaged the Moderator and explained the situation. I am waiting on a response! I called the number and it said this number is not in service......

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There maybr a slight chance that you might be able to recover the phone number.

Send a private message to a moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Icemanjeremy902 

I like @Anonymous  suggestion to call the number you're seeking.

If the call connects to person or voicemail, you're out of luck.

If it's unused, then maybe you can get it by contacting the Public Mobile moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Icemanjeremy902 wrote:

The number did come from this service provider yes! 

Calling it? And when did you last have service here? How long has it been since you last paid?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Icemanjeremy902 There is no guarantee you will be able to get that number back. If it was from another provider, nothing PM can do. There is a slight chance PM might be able to recover it if it is available in the number pool. You need to contact them to find out. 

Icemanjeremy902

The number did come from this service provider yes! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Icemanjeremy902 : Did the number originally come from here? Or a different provider? Have you tried calling the number to see if anyone answers?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Icemanjeremy902 wrote:

So i'm trying to get back my old number from when i last used this service provider due to that number being connected to several important accounts that require 2FA and a text message and when i signed up on a new account and tried to customize the last four digits of my number to my old number it gives me an error or says invalid?!?! Who can i contact to get this situation sorted out! Cause i need that number back! 

@Icemanjeremy902 hi if a number was used on an old account and then closed then your number is most likely gone sorry 

Need Help? Let's chat.