cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting signal in the UK

MJLeRoux95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've moved back to the UK from Canada recently, I'm noticing I don't get any signal here on my public mobile SIM. I still really need to receive the odd verification text on my Canadian number when they're from the CRA etc, does anyone have any idea what I can do?

5 REPLIES 5

@MJLeRoux95 

You could get your friend to forward your text messages with a text forwarding app or apk to your phone or your email. Google will be eliminating text forwarding to phones as of August this year. Look for other apps in the Playstore or an APK like this...

https://www.pulsesolutions.com/technology-experiments/easy-sms-forwarder/

MJLeRoux95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think this is what I will have to do. Although I'll probably just post them the SIM and then get them to post it back.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MJLeRoux95 wrote:

I've moved back to the UK from Canada recently, I'm noticing I don't get any signal here on my public mobile SIM. I still really need to receive the odd verification text on my Canadian number when they're from the CRA etc, does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Hi @MJLeRoux95 ,

So you have the phone with you in the UK, right?

If for some reason you really need the communication going to your Public Mobile SIM card, you could try this.

If you have someone you know and trust in Canada, you could ask them to obtain a new Public Mobile SIM card, and then you could obtain than number to submit a ticket to the Moderators to swap your old SIM with the new SIM.

Methods to contact Moderators:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

OF course, this would mean this person in Canada would than need to insert the SIM into a compatible Public Mobile phone to receive messages/calls on your behalf.

This may be more work than it is worthing doing, but just a work-around if needed.

Note: this would render your old SIM dead, and unusable for the future.

How long will you be in the UK ?

Also Note:

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), any rewards or Available Funds balance that was in your account at time of suspension, and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

@MJLeRoux95 wrote:

There's no signal for Public Mobile customers anywhere but Canada and the U.S. (with a roaming add-on for use in the U.S.).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM only offers roaming in the US.  You could either purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi app like Textnow.

Need Help? Let's chat.