cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevelabelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Get back old number

How to retrieve my old number (was mistakenly changed 24 hours ago)

Re: Get back old number

@stevelabelle wrote:

Sorry, but this isn't something that you can do yourself. You'll have to open a ticket to talk to the moderators by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@stevelabelle wrote:

@stevelabelle   IIRC that depends upon whether your number was originally issued by either Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile. then contacting moderators might allow you to retrieve it.   However, if it was issued by another provider then your number is returned to that carrier.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Would be really helpful to know the conditions upon which your old number which was changed, @stevelabelle 

It's quite likely @dabr  & @computergeek541  responses cover your options, but if not, please share more details.  (please refrain from including personal information as this is a public forum)

brittneysarah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hope you're able to get your old number back! 🙂

popping
Oracle

@stevelabelle 

When you change your phone number, the old number will go back to the provider who gave you your old number.  Provider usually put the canceled number in a waiting pool for 90 days or longer before the canceled number will be assigned to a new user.  

As suggested by @dabr , if you got your old number from Telus/Koodo/PM, you will have a better change of getting your old number back.  It will be harder for PM to get your old number back because PM has not control of the number from other provider.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was able to get my old number back, and it wasn't a Telus number originally. There is a bit of time before the number goes back to the original provider, and gives the last telecom that had it in service a chance to assign it back to the last owner in case there was an issue.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I was able to get my old number back, and it wasn't a Telus number originally. There is a bit of time before the number goes back to the original provider, and gives the last telecom that had it in service a chance to assign it back to the last owner in case there was an issue.

Yes, they have to way way to get number back if Public Mobile makes a mistake or someone does a fraudulent port. They're required to fix these types of issues. 

stevelabelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Reactivate old numbern PM carrier

Hello!

Reactivate old number PM carrier.  I messaged a couple of MODS but they all say to talk with the bubble chat. The bubble chat does not understand that i want a number back and not a new one.

My number was changed by accident apx 30 hours.

The tel number originates from Public Mobile.

Thanks!!!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Re: Reactivate old numbern PM carrier

@stevelabelle wrote:

Hello!

Reactivate old number PM carrier.  I messaged a couple of MODS but they all say to talk with the bubble chat. The bubble chat does not understand that i want a number back and not a new one.

My number was changed by accident apx 30 hours.

The tel number originates from Public Mobile.

Thanks!!!

@stevelabelle   Try sending a private message to moderator_team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If the number is originally from PM then you should be able to retrieve it, but only moderators can facilitate that as mentioned in your other thread from yesterday.

Need Help? Let's chat.