cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls after 10 minutes???

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I made a call yesterday, around suppertime, to another mobile number in my same city.

After 12 minutes, I heard 3 short beeps, then the call dropped.   I called the number back, and after 10 minutes (close to 11 minutes), same thing.   3 short beeps, then the call dropped.  The recipient did not hear the beeps.

What caused this?  I was not getting any notifications on my device at the time for call-waiting or anything else.   

9 REPLIES 9

@crustylady 

Interesting case.  See what the moderators say....

Keep an eye on the issue. Might have been a network glitch as you mentioned.

crustylady

Thanks, @esjliv 

Person I called yesterday is on TELUS.  They've never had the problem on their end.  Only I heard the 3 beeps which preceded the call being dropped.

I called another person with Koodo to test - also in same general area.  After 15 minutes, the call kept going with no issues, so presume either problem rectified itself or was some network glitch.

I did ask Moderators for reply as to what caused this.   It's odd that it only happened AFTER 10 minutes of talking... and not within a short period after call started.

crustylady

No @Dunkman 

Always had good signal - never dropped calls.   Same with the recipient.  It seems odd that BOTH calls lasted 10 full minutes, but neither got past 12 minutes...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@crustylady ,

This is a tricky issue. If the pattern is not consistent than it may be hard to nail down what is going on. So may involve some trouble shooting.

Is this your phone/SIM card/account OR is it the other callers phone/SIM card/account?

I would try:

• removing the SIM card and gently cleaning inside the SIM slot by gently blowing inside it. Clean the contacts of the SIM card.Reboot.
  • Airplane mode toggle on for a few minutes, the off.
  • Trying the SIM card in another phone and see if issues continues. 
  • EDIT - ensure the phone has the latest updates

IF it is an account provisioning issue, only the moderators can re-provision it. 

If the account recently renewed it may not have provisioned correctly.

@crustylady 

Are you in an area of the city with weak Telus signal?  Does this  happen in different locations in the city?  

You could check the nearest cell tower to your location via this website:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.000000&lng=-97.000000&zoom=4&type=Roadm...

crustylady

Nope.  

No US add-ons ever on account.

On $25 Unlimited Canada-wide calling plan.

@crustylady 

Youre not using a US roaming add on are you? Or on the $15 plan using add on minutes because you are all out of plan minutes? This sounds similar to the US roaming add on glitch from over New Years. The fix required the moderators to reset the account after removing the add ons and then adding them back on the account and the customer rebooting their phone.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi, please try restarting your phone. If the problem continues, you can submit a ticket to Moderators to take a look.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@crustylady 

No idea what would cause this.  Anyone else?

I would recommend contacting a Moderator to explain issue.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.