cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card switch

CrystalMT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I had saved my sim card for when i get my new phone. Unfortunately received new phone but lost activated sim card.  I jusy ordered one today.  Can i ask a moderator to delete the sim card so that when i do receive the sim card its easier to just activate it?  

Or do i have to absolutely wait till i receive new sim card to then ask a moderator to change it?  

Wanted to save time so that i don't gave to wait even more.

Also if i go to a koodo booth, can i just buy the sim card? Do i have to activate. Some seem to say i have to activate but i already have an account. Just need a new sim.  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous 

Sorry I meant SIM switch but just have to purchase the SIM and a moderator can help switch over the SIM number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : That is _not_ a SIM swap for this context. The OP just wants to use their existing account with a new SIM. Not a whole new account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CrystalMT 

If you want a hassle free SIM swap, check Canadian Cell Supplies online.

They can activate the PM SIM for you and the PM SIM will be free but it will take 1-2 weeks for delivery depending where you live.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/products/sim-activation-plan-public-mobile?variant=32354204713049&c... 

@CrystalMT 

Where are you located? Do not activate the sim card just have the moderators perform the sim swap for you. Purchasing a sim card without activation may be difficult at walmart and koodo stores may overcharge you for a sim card. Use the store locator option for your area....there are many smaller cell shops that sell them or you can try TMS located in Superstore and some Loblaws locations. London Drugs, Cellurrific, Wow Mobile are all reputable retailers.

In a pinch there are many community members with extra sim cards that if they happen to live nearby would likely give you one at cost to help you out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Also, if you have just misplaced your SIM and you don't worry about being used by someone else, you can leave the SIM swap till you got a new one

However if you lost it somewhere, worry someone picks it up and use it, you might want to logon your account and click Lost/Stolen Phone (under Plan and Add-ons tab) to suspend the service first

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CrystalMT  where did you order the SIM card, it might take long to arrive if you order from PM online

if you want the SIM quick, you should check local kiosk or order online from Amazon (for Prime delivery).  Some Koodo stores might have it, but they won't help with the SIM swap

Once you have the SIM, you can open a ticket with mod :  

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@CrystalMT  Moderators can switch you to a new sim but you need the SIM card number. It can't be done until you have that.  Right now, you can have the orginal sim card reported as lost so no one can use it  Some stores won't sell unactivated sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest you when you getting a NEW SIM card is better for you,

and go to any Retail store and buy it righ a way,

Where To Buy A SIM

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click here to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

when Purchasing And Replacing Your SIM Card:

Once you receive your new SIM card, you will need to change your SIM card number  by following these steps:

you need to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.