cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Account Suspended??

When the bank send me my replacement credit card @AslanGeorge .I then check to see which of my bills its attached to and update the card within their systems.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zblackma wrote:

When the bank send me my replacement credit card @AslanGeorge .I then check to see which of my bills its attached to and update the card within their systems.

This quote right here. I don't believe any company has the obligation to send you updates for a card that is your responsibility. That seems a little over reaching and would take resources that are better used elsewhere in the system

Highlighted

@Karnbot13 wrote:

@zblackma wrote:

This quote right here. I don't believe any company has the obligation to send you updates for a card that is your responsibility. That seems a little over reaching and would take resources that are better used elsewhere in the system

One on the most popular queries on this forum is from people requesting help when for one reason or another (or often no reason at all) their credit card payment doesn't go through.

The OP is asking for a simple text message when a payment stalls.  I don't think that's unreasonable, nor a drain on resources.

Literally everybody else does it.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@DOA 

Personally I wouldn't want to recieve a text message telling me my payment method has failed after I have I've paid and reactivated my service. It would be telling me what I already know and by that the time its redundant.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree with you.  I didn't intend to imply I wanted that.  I want it in the future and I feel it could be a nice feature.  It's a suggestion for a way to improve their service at some point in the future because it would have been a great help for me a week ago.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You're correct when you say "everyone else does it".  I have had notices from Telus, Shaw, Netflix and other auto pay services over the years.  They want their money from me so they let me know I'm not paying.  I don't think it's a big ask.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AslanGeorge

Everyone seems to be forgetting public mobile is a prepaid service. They send you a reminder text to pay if you want to renew your service. After that it's up to you up to pay or make sure your credit card info is up to date. Other services send you a notice to pay because you owe them for their services you have already recieved. I've had a hold on my card on file....i don't expect public mobile to remind me to remove it so my payment goes thru.....personal financial responsibility is up to the individual not the company supplying your services

Highlighted

Looks like you figured out what I meant in your last post @darlicious  Would it be nice? Yes. Is it going to happen? You've been here long enough to know the answer to that 😉

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card doesn’t expire until July 7th and my account is suspended. Called my credit card company and they have assured me all is good and even sent public mobile a notification that the payment was approved manually. Still no service and it has been several hours. I would love to speak with someone directly at mobile. Very frustrated!!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ndwood1 wrote:

My credit card doesn’t expire until July 7th and my account is suspended. Called my credit card company and they have assured me all is good and even sent public mobile a notification that the payment was approved manually. Still no service and it has been several hours. I would love to speak with someone directly at mobile. Very frustrated!!

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work
Need Help? Let's chat.