cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how are you enjoying public mobile experience?

psylence
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

new to public mobile and wondering how fellow mobilers are feeling about their service.

57 REPLIES 57

fairchse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with pm for over a year I just had one issue which they are quickly resolving unlike other providers spending hours complaining and being switched back and forth .... I have quicker service response even though everything is online 

fairchse

I signed up my boyfriend and two adult sons We are all so happy with the service!!!

I bought a iPhone six with a bad battery from a friend replaced the battery for 11.99 My kids were so surprised that I actually was capable of fixing my phone since I am not tech friendly

CMOADMIN

So it has been a few months now since I started using PM. I have no complaints at all about any of the services. 

If you can manage your data and wifi usage, and by that I mean making a conscious effort to only watch videos *YouTube, worldstar or apps like tiktok or vines* when on wifi -at least keep an eye on your data meter here on the self serve page of your account- then there really shouldn't be any problems at all with the 50 or 60 dollar plan. 

Of course its only been a short time I have been with PM, I will come back again in a couple more months and update if I have anything to add 😛

Have a great halloween! Sppoooookey

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am quite satisfied with PM, been almost a year, no problems and the price is right. I would continue recommending them. I agree, Pm is not for everyone, but it suits me

@Traelea  That's the problem with almost every other company is the sneaky overages and then you get bill shock. Something the WCC is actively trying to legislate against. Btw tell his auntie she can probably get some of those charges removed because your son is not of age to be considered an authorized user. Unless she approved them the most they can charge for an overage in a month including a top up is $50. If there is a device subsidy involved you would have to pay the ECF (early cancellation fee) or basically buy out the phone. You don't have to pay to switch but they will bill you by the end of your billing cycle. But depending on the circumstances  you can work with them to reduce the charges or have the CCTS negotiate a settlement on her behalf. That said it could be worth her while to switch sooner than later. In my own circumstance I switched 3 lines. My freedom phone only saved $2 for the Auto pay reward but gained cross Canada coverage. The other two is where the savings come in: telus/flip phone/$35p/m used when I had no service w/o roaming charges from freedom. I changed to the $15plan-$2 w/autopay=$13 savings w/tax about $25p/m or $150 over 6 months. I am switching to the $10 plan because I don't need the back up anymore but want to keep the number but in one month with a few referrals and my community reward it is now free...so saving an additional $67 over 6 months...total savings $217.  The other phone....my boyfriend's (who is a little or maybe a lot like your son) was with fido with 6 months left on his contract. ECF or the buyout about $150. Plan $80+overages up to $130+tax a month. So... base plan +tax about $90. Switched w/promo to $50 plan...$40+tax for 6 months ($38w/autopay) and twice as much data. Savings: $48incl. tax p/m or $288 over 6 months-buy out of $148=$140. Additionally freedom phone saving for 6 months on promo $10+$2 Auto pay about $80 for 6 months. A couple more referral bonuses and refer a friend credits I have another $48+tax=$55 savings. Telus+fido phone savings over 6 months $505-$148 buy out= $357+$135=$492 in total savings! A reduction in plan cost of about 70% on 2 phones and all 3 plans 55%. All with more data, coverage and no overages. The savings of $492 awesome the peace of mind : PRICELESS!!!

If your son and his aunt decide to switch and would like some advice on previous providers billing etc....you may message me via private mailbox for privacy. This would be unsolicited advice and I can only help interpret the WCC regulations and how the CCTS can help customer complaints.

P.S. Don't cancel service if you want to keep phone number once youb switch and port number over that will automatically cancel service with previous provider.

Traelea

He has a phone that his aunty is paying for but he racked it up to 250$ and only got 2 gigs. So I'm gonna just tell his auntie to cancel it and I'll get him signed up with public mobile maybe she can go with this too she pays an arm and a leg for her plan. You cant go wrong with this plan like I heard telus Bill's keep going up public mobile bill gos down 

@Traelea wrote:

So far so good my mom signed me up love public mobile something I can afford. I do have a boy that's turning 16 on the 14th that consumes alot of food so it's good I'm saving on one bill 

@Traelea  Lol....im sure he does. If he doesn't have a phone already you know where to sign him up. He would probably be good on the $25 plan if you referred him before 11:59pm et oct 6th. Then switch him to the $15 on his renewal. Then you both get the extra $10 bonus referral credit.

Traelea

So far so good my mom signed me up love public mobile something I can afford. I do have a boy that's turning 16 on the 14th that consumes alot of food so it's good I'm saving on one bill 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've been with PM for about a month now and so far, so good! Glad to be on a plan where I'm paying a lot less. 3G is fine with me. Community is helpful.

Ronny_Wong

Hi, I have been with a number of different companies before i switched to this company. Ever since i switched to this company, I have not been happier. I mean, who doesn't love saving money each year.. the reception is very good compared to others also, the thing that I like about PM is that you cant go over your limit, once you go over your limit, whatever that may be I simply wont work anymore.

@Korth wrote:

Public Mobile is the perfect gig for me. 

Service from the Telus network is arguably the best avaliable in BC and service from the Bellus network is arguably the best available across Canada. Rogers has sucky network in my area, Freedom has no network at all in my area.

Service from the PM Mods has always been good for me. Although I don't expect miracles or demand instant results, I try to approach problems before they happen so a few days delay usually isn't urgent.  I dread the day I do have an urgent issue which requires immediate attention because if/when it fails me I'm off to Lucky instead. I don't like Simple Simon over there in the corner, but if he can actually fix my issues then I can avoid kicking him into the adblocker.

And the price is cheap, all prepaid, never any extra/hidden costs.

All that being said, I don't think PM is the right choice for everyone - it would never work for my tech-dinosaur parents, for example.

And I don't think that PM today is really the same value or the same company as the PM I signed up with years ago. It has evolved and continues to evolve into a shamelessly revenue-driven instrument of Telus account expansion. (Plus, PM is predominantly focussed on Eastern Canada, BC almost seems more an afterthought, but that's consistent with every other carrier anyways. ) 

Where do you see favoritism for the east?  Public Mobile charges the same rate country wide.  If it is coverage you are complaining about, blame Telus.  They are the tower suppliers to the Bellus team out west.  

Wholecloud

I'm happy with the service and switched a family member to this network just over a month after mine. Everything worked as they are supposed to. Will continue to recommend this network to those who are more concerned with savings than data speed.

pamelaH

I am really enjoying PM. I was skeptical at first but I'm so happy I gave them a try. I got my mom on them too - soon to be others as well. I enjoy saving cash😄

The data is fast and my service works basically anywhere 

TheGx

For tech-dinosaur parents and others that can't do self-help as Korth mentioned above, they will need help from others to deal with any problems, so anyone I refer to Public I will help them with any problems they run into with Public as well - and so far when they use vouchers to top up their accounts before the due date each month, there's never been any issues yet.

Public Mobile is the perfect gig for me. 

Service from the Telus network is arguably the best avaliable in BC and service from the Bellus network is arguably the best available across Canada. Rogers has sucky network in my area, Freedom has no network at all in my area.

Service from the PM Mods has always been good for me. Although I don't expect miracles or demand instant results, I try to approach problems before they happen so a few days delay usually isn't urgent.  I dread the day I do have an urgent issue which requires immediate attention because if/when it fails me I'm off to Lucky instead. I don't like Simple Simon over there in the corner, but if he can actually fix my issues then I can avoid kicking him into the adblocker.

And the price is cheap, all prepaid, never any extra/hidden costs.

All that being said, I don't think PM is the right choice for everyone - it would never work for my tech-dinosaur parents, for example.

And I don't think that PM today is really the same value or the same company as the PM I signed up with years ago. It has evolved and continues to evolve into a shamelessly revenue-driven instrument of Telus account expansion. (Plus, PM is predominantly focussed on Eastern Canada, BC almost seems more an afterthought, but that's consistent with every other carrier anyways. ) 

GGPlayer

I have been with them for only a month. Till now, there is no complain. Signal quality is much better than Freedom. But fairly speaking, PM's phone plan is good but data plan is not very impressive.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@psylence wrote:

new to public mobile and wondering how fellow mobilers are feeling about their service.

As I've said before I'm very happy with the savings, the community is very supportive and can help resolve most issues without the need of a moderator. I do have one complaint @Alan_K  that I hope public mobile will be able to address in the future which is probably telus's decision...I assume it's the 3g thing as this used to happen on freedom before they upgraded. The loss of all services in larger mostly concrete buildings. Thankfully I don't live or work in one but it is inconvenient  to have calls dropped etc when shopping or otherwise going about your daily business.

ACTravaux

@psylence wrote:

Can’t complain! Been with Public Mobile for almost 3 years and seems like it gets better ans better as times goes on!

@liuxinbing wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@DL888 wrote:

I got my 2 daughters on PM before school started...so far no issues. Last night just ported my wife over from B3ll and it took 45min for the port to complete. Happy with the savings so far vs the big 3. 

Oh yeah youll be happy with the savings...a little pain but lots of gain. I'm saving over $100 a month on 3 lines. Where's your next vacation going to be?

little pain with a lot of gain. Next vacation? cross the border play at 6flags.

Oooooh....rollercoasters my favourite. Thanks public mobile! Now that's a loyalty reward.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@DL888 wrote:

I got my 2 daughters on PM before school started...so far no issues. Last night just ported my wife over from B3ll and it took 45min for the port to complete. Happy with the savings so far vs the big 3. 

Oh yeah youll be happy with the savings...a little pain but lots of gain. I'm saving over $100 a month on 3 lines. Where's your next vacation going to be?

little pain with a lot of gain. Next vacation? cross the border play at 6flags.

dna2016

@psylence Welcome to PM, where savings happen.

I've been with PM for almost 3 year, looking forward to that next loyalty credit Smiley LOL

I've referred a number of people and they are all shocked at how much they're able to save and be able to get so much unlimited service that is not restricted to regions or zones.  

Only issue I ever had was in my first set up where my incoming calls weren't working for about 6 hours but luckily this forum was available to see how the issue can be resolved.  

In terms of reception, you're on the Telus network so you're getting Big 3 reception service.  Sure 3G Internet is slower but nothing wrong with a few more seconds of patience, especially when you're paying such low prices.

tehowennathe

Been with PM over 3 years and haven't been on contract since. Paying way less then when I was with Rogers. Sure it's throttled to 3G speeds but I never noticed a difference in data speeds. I'm happy and tell everyone about it.

luke11992

I’ve been with PM almost 2 years so far and have loved it. I’m paying less than my previous plan when with virgin mobile, while getting more.

The “downside” to the data being throttled to 3G speeds haven’t been an issue for me, so no complaints!

I also appreciate all the incentives they give to save on the monthly bill. 

@DL888 wrote:

liuxinbing

very happy.

@psylence wrote:

DL888

TheGx

I enjoy saving $, so my experience with Public is good, plus all my interactions with the Moderators have been good too.

Need Help? Let's chat.