cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Talk & Text app

faytruni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That would be a nice add to all PM customers!!

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/plans-add-ons/Wi-Fi-Calling

10 REPLIES 10

@walker1 wrote:

Yes, another VoIP number. So what's the use of the Lucky app then. No real benefits unless you are with them already ☺️.  Oh, and the Lucky app, isn't like worldwide either.  

Can non Lucky subscribers download and set it up?

Not worldwide? so, they have a Geolock in place and people cannot logon from outside of Canada (or USA?)   They are smart, I thought it could be a replacement for Talk/Text roaming.  I think they heard it and disable it so they can still sell roaming package  😞

Yes, another VoIP number. So what's the use of the Lucky app then. No real benefits unless you are with them already ☺️.  Oh, and the Lucky app, isn't like worldwide either.  

@walker1 wrote:

@Yummy 

To use Lucky wifi app, they'll give you another phone number to use that feature.  Just like a VoIP Fongo phone number.

Fongo audio is perfect for me on all of my smartphones.  You just need a good phone, in the first place.   lol

Haha, I am using a good Samsung phone already..  for my Fongo, the other end always not really hear me well.

Lucky Wifi is another number?.So, it is just another Fongo/TextNow, then 

@Yummy 

To use Lucky wifi app, they'll give you another phone number to use that feature.  Just like a VoIP Fongo phone number.

Fongo audio is perfect for me on all of my smartphones.  You just need a good phone, in the first place.   lol

@hTideGnow wrote:

Yes, TextNow and Fongo are good alternatives but it won't compare with a actual Talk & Text app from carrier, you can receive phone calls and text on the app, technically that almost like talk and text roaming worldwide.

Interesting concept to have WiFi app to receive/place calls/SMS using your actual mobile number but through WiFi (If I understood correctly).

@walker1 wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Too bad that APP has alot of limitations that Fongo doesn't have. 

..such as?

Fongo audio is horrible.  TextNow is better

@hTideGnow 

Too bad that APP has alot of limitations that Fongo doesn't have. 

It's still acceptable though if your in a pinch. ☺️

Yes, TextNow and Fongo are good alternatives but it won't compare with a actual Talk & Text app from carrier, you can receive phone calls and text on the app, technically that almost like talk and text roaming worldwide.

from what I head Lucky has aware winning app.  Bell willing to spending money on app but Telus not (Telus even killed Koodo app years ago )

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@faytruni 

If you download the VoIP Fongo app, you'll have most of that at your finger tips.  And it'll work with data if you don't have wifi available for whatever reason.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@faytruni wrote:

That would be a nice add to all PM customers!!

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/plans-add-ons/Wi-Fi-Calling

Have a look at using free voip app such as TextNow. You get a free CDN number, you can call / text most any US and CDN number using wifi. There's free wifi in most library's, cafes, restaurants and motels...you might have to ask for their password. As an added benefit, it works while in US and Mex as well as Canada. Did I mention that it's free !!  😎

Need Help? Let's chat.