cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the better offer only for new customers?

Carolccc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I saw so many nice plan just show up, like $29/30gb, $40/75gb,  is it possible open to existing customers? 

13 REPLIES 13

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Handy1 wrote:

@Johnsmith7  I wouldn’t throw in the towel if you get the $7 discount in rewards every 30 days . A better plan will pop up for existing customers eventually. Then change plans for next renewal and you will still get to enjoy the $7 off each month

While likely, for those on the old rewards this is not necessarily the case. They could forcibly upgrade us to the new rewards, or refuse to offer such plans to existing customers as they've been doing recently. PM can surprise us, as we saw with the lack of holiday gifts this month.

@mitchnet12  Unfortunately the 75GB for $40 is only for new activations only 😞

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had seen that the $40 60GB 5G subscription disappeared from the app earlier today. Maybe there's hope for existing customers to get the latest $40 75GB 5G subscription. It's good to see that the prices for data plans keep coming down.

@Johnsmith7  I wouldn’t throw in the towel if you get the $7 discount in rewards every 30 days . A better plan will pop up for existing customers eventually. Then change plans for next renewal and you will still get to enjoy the $7 off each month 

Johnsmith7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Horrible. Downgraded to the $15 so I can use my free data and minutes and then I’m out.. I’ll lose $7 monthly rewards but at least Public Mobile won’t get my money anymore. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've ended up opening two lines on other providers due to this. I wanted to upgrade from the $15 plan but wasn't eligible for any of the offers I actually wanted, so it's staying at $15 for now. And these are not Telus or its subsidiaries, so they have successfully lost money from me.

Kristowhy

@Handy1 wrote:

@DaveK1  Yes agreed and I would to , but for a plan that’s only on points system ill abandon that for a new account no loss with points system 

Exactly!  An existing points based account there's no real loss other than time and a bit of money creating a new account, and porting your number out and then back in.

Existing legacy accounts will either move up to a more expensive plan and use their discounts to bring the price down to a more reasonable level or jump ship.   Either way, PM wins

I'm sure there will still be some legacy accounts walk away from PM to better deals but not after a lot of mental fortitude.  

Kristowhy

@DaveK1 wrote:

From a customer service perspective, this is lousy.   I guess PM is betting most existing customers would rather keep their rewards than sign-up for a significantly better plan. 

Agree...terrible from a CS point of view!

I have also recently lost friend referrals here that were on Legacy plans themselves but grew tired of the lousy 3G traffic shaping and jumped ship to Freedom and are super happy now.   

With LuckyMobile having up to 10Mbps as their "3G speed", their marketing team could easily steal many PM accounts with the right plan now.  Let's see how the next week or so unfolds...

@DaveK1  Yes agreed and I would to , but for a plan that’s only on points system ill abandon that for a new account no loss with points system 

DaveK1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From a customer service perspective, this is lousy.   I guess PM is betting most existing customers would rather keep their rewards than sign-up for a significantly better plan. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It’s possible @Carolccc 

Public Mobile just doesn’t realize it yet 🤨

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Carolccc  So sorry not for existing customers just new activations only . You would need to create a new account with new email to get . It’s what I did 

Need Help? Let's chat.