cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to be Joyful, now facing Blue for existing customers

ezl007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Existing customers get used to yearly bonus and are totally "shocked" with nothing forthcoming this year.  Even the "enticing" plans are for new activations only.

There must be something brewing with PM.  Existing customers may have to get used to the "new thinking", grabbing the cheapest/best option being offered and they may never be offered again to existing customers.

Hope this is totally wrong - pure wishful thinking.

13 REPLIES 13

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am blue with you. I joined during Black Friday thinking that would be a better time to join vs. Boxing Day. What a mistake. Had so many activation issues back then and now they turn their back?

JONMILLS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes its b.s

I need to keep my number

Why should i pay $30 to get 2 gig data and 3 gig speed when they are offering new activations $29 for 30 gig and 4g speed.

I have a good mind to port out to someone else offering better.

anotheran

Anyone eyeing the $34 plan for 30gb can port over to fido who's offering it for $29 if you  turn on auto pay. Nearly same price as on public if u just had tenure + auto pay legacy discount. 

@Bullet_77  Yes to keep same phone number you would definitely have to port it out and port. Back in on new PM account with desired plan 

HI @Bullet_77 

no, you cannot keep your PM number on your new account without porting out and porting in

And they won't switch numbers between two accounts

@Bullet_77  Basically that’s my view to in the points system so I  just created new account with new email 

Handy1_0-1703715539361.jpeg

@wavid  And hopefully before those old long distance add on ever get used up . pM will have offered a plan that better suits your needs and you can continue to enjoy your legacy rewards on top of that still . And stick it out with PM as their is power in numbers 

wavid

Here's to hoping! Yes, I currently am reaping the benefits of the old rewards system (auto-pay and a few loyalty years). I'm in no rush to personally switch, but once my current legacy data addons (that have no expiry date) deplete will be making my next move.

@wavid  If your have been with PM for years then your on the old legacy rewards after 5 years with no fiend referrals will save you $7 every 30 days . So with those rewards  and plan like was offered on Black Friday to loyal existing customers .40GB for $34 minus $7 that’s $27 every 30 days what other competition gives you that much value . So I would say patient with PM this year saw a lot of nice new plans and I’m hoping 2024 will just continue to get better 

wavid

It does feel like Public Mobile has shifted a bit in their philosophy - efforts shifting from rewarding loyal customers to enticing new ones. The reasons you listed, as well as adding a 30 day expiry to purchased data add-ons, has me considering new options after years of being content.

The good news is that right now their is more competition than ever before in this space and usually that's good for consumers. But it means a bit of work to reconsider our working setups! 🙈

@Kristowhy  That’s true . For me I started in PM back 2018 5GB for $40 and that was amazing deal back then . So for me I’m in that targeted range so anytime I can get more data for less then sign me up . And as time goes by we will all need more n more data . It’s my hope the data buckets get so large and cheap or even just true unlimited data plan became available at the $40 mark maybe a bit less . That there will eventually be no need for home internet . 

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Handy1 wrote:

@ezl007  It’s even more disheartening to see the plan Quebec gets offered also . But the 40GB for $34 was offered to exsisting  customers already last month during Black Friday . So good reason to belive that offer will be available to all again at some point perhaps Xmas / Boxing Day weekend . But as a whole things have been getting much better across the board from all carriers for cell plan 2023 has been great example of this and it’s my hope 2024 just gets better with amazing plans we have yet still to discover 

I don't see what's so "amazing".  It has been nothing but pricing games and frustration, as many have also mentioned.

Carriers are just playing around with the data bucket amounts trying to upsell lower tier folks while keeping those in the $30's to $40's per month ARPU.  With most Canadians using low singled digits of GB per month, all of these "plans" with 40, 50, 60 and 100GB is nothing but marketing spin.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ezl007  It’s even more disheartening to see the plan Quebec gets offered also . But the 40GB for $34 was offered to exsisting  customers already last month during Black Friday . So good reason to belive that offer will be available to all again at some point perhaps Xmas / Boxing Day weekend . But as a whole things have been getting much better across the board from all carriers for cell plan 2023 has been great example of this and it’s my hope 2024 just gets better with amazing plans we have yet still to discover 

Need Help? Let's chat.