cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus porting number?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Hi everyone….My friend has a Shaw landline. She would like to port the number to a Telus landline. The Telus rep has switched their cable and Internet to Telus, but for some reason their phone is still with Shaw. It’s been about 2 weeks. If I give out the Telus porting number 1-844-232-xxxx to her to call would they be able to assist her or is that number for PM porting only?

8 REPLIES 8

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

Hi everyone….My friend has a Shaw landline. She would like to port the number to a Telus landline.

The Telus rep has switched their cable and Internet to Telus, but for some reason their phone is still with Shaw.

Did the friend get a good deal as they used to have a “Welcome Back” deal. Not sure of the exact term. 

It’s been about 2 weeks. If I give out the Telus porting number 1-844-232-xxxx to her to call would they be able to assist her or is that number for PM porting only?

I would say no....go back to Telus to initiate the port and move over date. And don’t call Shaw. 

Did your friend get a call from Shaw....they usually call and give a very unattractive offer to stay?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Telus and PM are two different companies even though 'daddy' is the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 : It's a Telus number, not just PM, so yes.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

For the last 10 years or so I have never had a Telus rep at my house who hasn’t given me his/her phone number to call if anything was wrong. In the case of waiting for a number to be released from Shaw I would think they would have stayed on top of it completing.

AE_Collector

@pkaraa, it is the same number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pkaraa wrote:

Edited By ShawnC13: Please don't post that number in the community forum

Oops, Knew about PM number but didnt know about not posting Telus number too. Thanks for editing. 

Sent a msg to OP. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@pkaraa 

Thank you.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JK8 wrote:

Hi everyone….My friend has a Shaw landline. She would like to port the number to a Telus landline. The Telus rep has switched their cable and Internet to Telus, but for some reason their phone is still with Shaw. It’s been about 2 weeks. If I give out the Telus porting number 1-844-232-xxxx to her to call would they be able to assist her or is that number for PM porting only?

Telus porting number 1-877-***-****.

Edited By ShawnC13: Please don't post that number in the community forum

Need Help? Let's chat.