cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus has a promotional offer?

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Twice today two Telus sales personnel came to offer me a promotion. On their cellphone and internet plan combo.

I said the first time they came that I use Public Mobile and had no plans on changing. Nor do I plan on changing my internet provider. 

Is Telus trying to give a limited time promotion of their internet and cell service? 

8 REPLIES 8

Not the awesome great deal it was years ago.

But it is still (probably) the best deal in town.

mik101

Well said. I'm one of those people... I came back to Public Mobile, today in fact, after switching to Koodo a while back. I'm disappointed to see the old loyalty program is gone and replaced with the points rewards.

Public Mobile is sometimes used as an advertising platform for Koodo and Telus. Telus owns and operates all three but sometimes try to encourage subscribers to move up the revenue tier.

I still get messages from Public about new Telus offers. In the past, there were some rather aggressive marketing campaigns to migrate people from Public to Koodo - an ongoing event which came in multiple waves of ever-increasing offers, was handled badly by Public and by Koodo, produced many passionate arguments, and left a lot of from-Public-to-Koodo customers very unhappy. (Some customers probably stayed with Koodo but a lot came right back to Public after a month or two, angry that they'd lost all their rewards/etc.)

They're a lot less aggressive with the marketing these days. I think it's now based on a sort of profiling, customers are "selected" and targeted because of whatever parameters, they are quietly given special one-time offers. I've never accepted any of them, always looks good right now up front, always looks bad when you work out the longer-term math and compare results.

But whenever Telus HQ issues directives, Telus subsidiaries automatically comply.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Door to door salespeople do ply their trade from time to time.  The best thing to do is take a business card, get a brochure on the offer and think about it for some time.  The problem with face to face sales is the pressure tactics that can lead to inadequate review and regrettable decisions.  

Angelic_Fille90

@softech wrote:

@Angelic_Fille90   oh, those likely are just those outside sales there.  Rogers/Bell/Telus has a lot of these going on all the time.  And honest, if you are interested and willing to jump back and forth between providers every year, there are lots of great deals like that.  

One of the providers you mentioned I already got a deal from last September! LOL

@Angelic_Fille90   oh, those likely are just those outside sales there.  Rogers/Bell/Telus has a lot of these going on all the time.  And honest, if you are interested and willing to jump back and forth between providers every year, there are lots of great deals like that.  

Angelic_Fille90

@softech wrote:

@Angelic_Fille90   did they call your cell?

I would think it is just a regular cold calling from sales.  It might even be from those authorized dealers instead of call centre from the corporate office

No, it was a door to door.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Angelic_Fille90   did they call your cell?

I would think it is just a regular cold calling from sales.  It might even be from those authorized dealers instead of call centre from the corporate office

Need Help? Let's chat.