cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home Hubs and its apps that work well on your phone

notchy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm curious to know, what people use for smart home apps?

I have an android phone and I did the Google Home does not really cut it in using it as an interface to my smart home hub.

I have a Vera Plus smart home hub. The app for that is clunky and hardly any updates, so when I setup Google home, it doesn't work out well and you can do the bare minimum in building intelligence via the Google Home App.

Example: when I arrive home after sunset, automatically turn on porch lights and play my Spotify playlist only on the weekday.

5 REPLIES 5

notchy

I will take a look into it.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@notchy - Apple HomeKit is top notch. Although it does not work with Android.

Maybe look at Samsung Smart Things or even Works For Amazon Alexa devices or try them out.

My HomePods have an automation to turn on the fan when my room gets very hot (25C) and to turn on the lights when at a specific time. Also it can go and turn on music, although it doesn't connect to Apple Servers as the processing is done locally though a HomePod 1, 2 or Mini.

And also the HomePods on Apple's current lineup are all including Temperature and Humidity Sensors, pretty good device for those things.

DeeT

I have an Apple device and not sure about compatibility.

ccreight
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I have an android and wasn't even aware that was possible.....

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've only used Samsung SmartThings, HomeKit and Google Home. Other than that I don't have much experience within the Smart home apps.

Need Help? Let's chat.