cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating answers for bravos

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi fellow members, a few weeks ago, we had a discussion, where community is going, how community, is doing, I still see the same answers repeated, 6, 7, times, to gain bravos, members discussed this already, my self as of today, i will only post, if i can make, a difference, if i can help a fellow member. Bravos, not like facebook likes. Who cares if if I get 2 bravos a month or one, solution a year, i m for here long haul. All the best.  

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous 

And.....you get a bravo! For making me laugh out loud.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

Hi fellow members, a few weeks ago, we had a discussion, where community is going, how community, is doing, I still see the same answers repeated, 6, 7, times, to gain bravos, members discussed this already, my self as of today, i will only post, if i can make, a difference, if i can help a fellow member. Bravos, not like facebook likes. Who cares if if I get 2 bravos a month or one, solution a year, i m for here long haul. All the best.  

And you actually thought a little discussion here would change that? Ah newbs. 🙂

And then there's the pointless threads just chatting about nothing that is now open season in the Discussions category due to recent wars. Do we really need to Bravo posts and are they at all Bravo-worthy in a thread about oh I dunno how about PM is the best? No! That's ridiculous. Or maybe is this place a scam with it's low prices? No! You just have to know that it's just an opinion piece conversation starter that has no business in the main forum earning Bravos. It's ridiculous. But no. Stupid pointless threads come and go and everyone piles in with a stupid pointless post and bravos all around. You get a bravo, you get a bravo, you get a bravo. Friggin' Oprah around here. Have I said it's ridiculous yet.

Jeez.

@darlicious wrote:

There's a stat I'd love to see bravos given to bravos recieved.....3938 vs 5252.

That information of any member is availiable to anyone else, but it involves manually adding up all the bravos given to each individual members.

Giving bravos has always been optional, and someone not giving them isn't necessarily doing anything wrong. Members actually have the option to disable the ability to give any bravos, believe it or not. 

There's a stat I'd love to see bravos given to bravos recieved.....3938 vs 5252.

@Luddite wrote:

I often give bravos to same answer if the posts came in close together. Do agree it's annoying to see a similar post more than 30 minutes later. 

I do this sometimes as well. Other times, I'll give it to the first person in the thread who has something and then skip the rest, and yet other times, I'll just go to the next thread. it can depend on how much time I have at that moment. I probably am more likely to give bravos in a thread that I'm participating in, only for the reason that would usually mean that I've paid a little bit closer attention to what has been said. I can't tell people what to give a bravo for, but I will say that bravos are being given out much too easily. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I often give bravos to same answer if the posts came in close together. Do agree it's annoying to see a similar post more than 30 minutes later. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519  Its nice of you to recognize community etiquette. The community has a learning curve and were all here to help each other out....i looked at my bravos given which lag behind the ones recieved.....when I first started I hardly bravoed at all partly because I don't do social media. I started to give out a few more because I did t want it to seem as though I'm chintzy.

But really I give them out to encourage participation of new members, if I learn something new, you give the correct answer with some thought put into it or extra effort versus just a macro or a link to an info page. If you make me laugh out loud, make an excellent point in a discussion or come up with a tutorial on phone features or account procedures  etc....then you'll get a bravo from me. I don't give them out frivolously.....except in the lounge where they don't count so you can give them out like youre on facebook or Instagram.

Need Help? Let's chat.