cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebooted Top Contributors – September 2020 in 2021

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

25 REPLIES 25

waiting here  in the Lounge  to welcome the Top Contribution - October 2020  in 10 days or so.. LoL

One could have purchased a bag load of cruise ships very inexpensively about 18 months ago. No money down!

Only a couple of weeks now since the “Top Contributors” announcement made its appearance in the lounge…. We now have 1.5 “September Top Contributors” announcements located in the lounge but no other months of the year. Soon….

AE_Collector

@Quigley wrote:

@darlicious 

How about the container ships parked off the coast of BC?  Right in your very own backyard 🙂

Now those are going for a dime a dozen... or at least will soon be...  while the price of everything else will go for a fortune...

SO that $1 from PM will buy EVEN LESS ... LOL!

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

I wonder how much a bag of ships would cost? What kind of ships are we talking about? Schooners? Cruise ships? Or military ships? Hmmmm.....?🤔

oops... LOL!

@darlicious 

How about the container ships parked off the coast of BC?  Right in your very own backyard 🙂

@pm-smayer97 

I wonder how much a bag of ships would cost? What kind of ships are we talking about? Schooners? Cruise ships? Or military ships? Hmmmm.....?🤔

@darlicious wrote:

@danielj 

Indeed the system the way it was set up meant that one post in the top contributors thread and accompanying bravos could net $1. The top 1% contributors average 750 posts for $15. $1 vs $0.02 per post.

But people have lost complete perspective.... are people that petty to be envious over $1? Again, so many have made a tempest in a teacup. $1 cannot even buy you a candy bar, a bag of ships(oops, now THAT would be a very big bad) -> chips, or even a coffee. When was the last time people fussed over someone getting a $1 coupon off for ANYTHING?

The rewards system was never conceived to a perfect pay-for–effort system... after all, remember, there are several factors that go into an UNKNOWN formula. People really need to get a grip!

@AE_Collector wrote:

The September 2021 topic couldn’t be found since it is now hiding in the lounge. I am sure that @danielj simply made a mistake adding to the September 2020 topic not noticing that it was a year old. That’s the beauty of stuff in the lounge, you REALLY have to go on a search to find it.

AE_Collector

And so the so-called "shout out" becomes a "on a need to know basis" only post....  😛

The September 2021 topic couldn’t be found since it is now hiding in the lounge. I am sure that @danielj simply made a mistake adding to the September 2020 topic not noticing that it was a year old. That’s the beauty of stuff in the lounge, you REALLY have to go on a search to find it.

AE_Collector

I had to do a double-take here...2020? How'd that resurface?

😃

@danielj 

Indeed the system the way it was set up meant that one post in the top contributors thread and accompanying bravos could net $1. The top 1% contributors average 750 posts for $15. $1 vs $0.02 per post.

"don't hate the playa, hate the game" 

get $ome! get it!

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't necessarily appreciate being made the example or some of the underlying tones of some of the messages.

But I do get the point. The reward and participation system is able to be gamified. At least to a degree.

It is most observant by those posting monthly to the monthly Top Contributors threads and simply for the comment and throwing a few likes around usually getting the base reward.

But some of the backlash against the these gamified aspect seems muted by the fact it is an even playing field. We all are able to have the access and ability to exploit the gamified aspect. And quite a few of the people pointing it out and complaining about it, utilize it to some extent appearing to be hypocrites.

To get any more of the significant monthly rewards or to upgrade the community "title" does require more activity including asking and providing solutions to problems,

No the algorithm for the reward system is not perfect and likely never will. To some extent the algorithm will always to able to be gamified to some extent.

Hopefully Public Mobile does make changes for the reward system. One of the better ways would to be expend the reward system and appreciated the true top contributes to the community more. The top contributors to the community for the time and effort that they put in deserve more than $15 to $20 off their plan. They probably use at least that of data each month to contribute to the community. They are a big part of Public Mobiles customer service and customer facing IT assistance. For the amount of money they save Public mobile it would be nice if they rewards more.

It is necessarily fair that the lower rewarded contributors receive basically $1 per a simple post while the top contributes could post 25+ post with more substance and receive only $15 to $20.

I do not believe it is a simple problem or solution. And I don't believe attacking those within the community that do exploit weakness of the reward algorithm is the solution.

Hopefully together as the community and with those within Public Mobile management we can work together to get a more comprehensive solution.

how are we supposed to take a man with purple hair seriously? lol

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@danielj THANK YOU for being an example of the issues we have been discussing here for the last couple of days with people just posting in the contributor's Announcement thread to earn the reward.  You make one post a month but this month you posted in a thread that is from LAST YEAR?!?!?!?!?!

Really? You jumping all over this?

THANK YOU for being an example of EXACTLY what I have been trying to point out... such pettiness and trying to make danielj an example.... which sets a TERRIBLE TONE in this forum.

If I were in PM's shoes, I would yank your Oracle status immediately for your condescension of people! SAD!

Hey @pm-smayer97 did you see the post that I EDITED before you made this?  Actually, I still stand by this post lol.  I edited a different one

That you still stand by that post is what makes it SAD!

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@danielj THANK YOU for being an example of the issues we have been discussing here for the last couple of days with people just posting in the contributor's Announcement thread to earn the reward.  You make one post a month but this month you posted in a thread that is from LAST YEAR?!?!?!?!?!

THANK YOU for being an example of EXACTLY what I have been trying to point out... such pettiness and trying to make danielj an example.... which sets a TERRIBLE TONE in this forum.

If I were in PM's shoes, I would yank your Oracle status immediately for your condescension of people! SAD!

Hey @pm-smayer97 did you see the post that I EDITED before you made this?  Actually, I still stand by this post lol.  I edited a different one

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@pm-smayer97 

Oh you will get what I was putting down soon enough....and it wasn't danielj he just happened to step in it by pure coincidence.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ShawnC13 

The OP just happened to be posting in the wrong place. The intent to congratulate everyone was still there. With all the postings I’ve seen in various threads that have made me cringe, this pales in comparison.

Edit: Note that I did tell the OP the proper place.

At least Daniel was very constant 🤣

They get points for trying though.

Their just trying to get that " low hanging fruit" 🍓🍓🍓🍓🍑🍑🍑

@JK8, can you please tell me why you bravo'd a post made in LAST YEARS thread?!?!?  This is why people still do it they are getting rewarded?  This user obviously had to use the search function to find September top contributors but the search function doesn't search the Lounge so they found the old one.

Edited:  My apologies to @JK8 this was inappropriate to say.  I have sent you a message as well with my apologies

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

Lol...that is too funny!

@danielj 

I don't mean to be mean it's just the irony!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

JK8
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.