cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PM Sim for $2.99

Everyone:  Knowingly reusing a postage stamp is a criminal offence. While it may be a relatively minor offence,  this type of discussion encoruaging people to perform such activities is against the terms of service of this website.

14 REPLIES 14

Young people will read this and ask "What's a stamp?" LOL

@Jb456,Oracles are not Public Mobile employees.  We are customers as well this isn't our job.

If you find posts or threads that you feel have broken the ToS just report them and have the moderators look into them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  Not getting into it. I simply answered a question. Darl..mentioned the stamps, zblack asked what she was talking about, I answered.

I was not being "so heavily" on "retired". I was actually just being lazy 😂. Many post via laptop/PC. I only post from my phone. I was merely being lazy so I did not have to do the extra steps to highlight the word. 1 second on laptop, a few seconds via phone. So I capitalized the word to shave off a few seconds. SORRY!

As for the rest of your post. Surely there is some type of job description to collect that $20 every 30 days. Some edit/transfer, some read/Mark solutions, some pick and choose, not sure what others do maybe something in Oracles forums. Who knows I don't really care. Would simply be nice if all were on the same page and did the same thing as team to avoid confusion with us nobody's that are simply answering questions. I'll repeat my issue back in April over a silly joke in the lounge. 3 Oracles and a mod did not do there job and left it up 4 days without editing or deleting. (Well you kind of did yours by sending me a PM the 4th day at same time the mod PMd me). But I still had to go edit it to a picture. When all that had to be done was someone doing there job and editing the darn thing and it would have been a non issue. Move on to answering questions again. But appears no one is accountable. Wish I had a job like that.

Again. I simply answered a question that a member asked towards Darls...post. So please leave it at that. 

Funny how none of the old threads that talk about churning Koodo phones due to old terms/conditions before their rule change in August 2019 have never had the same backlash like this one over a stamp 😝. Obviously archived now. 

Have a good evening Shawn! 

discussion moved into a seperate thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is, or was, anybody in this thread actually not aware that this is wrong? Morally, ethically, financially, socially wrong. How's life under that rock going.

It's a bit like bugs around here that go our way. The ghost referrals for example. Just shut up about it and carry on.

Same here. Mail arrives and it doesn't appear to have been cancelled. Are you really going to run around announcing to the world that you're going to unlawfully, super-cheapskate, re-use it?

Keep it to yourself, shut up and carry on.

@LurganIeUk 

We don't need more posts removed do we?

Canada Post is warning people about re-using stamps.

Inside the new mental health Permanent + 10 cent booklets, issued Sept 7/10, the warning in French and English says "It is unlawful to remove and attempt to reuse postage stamps"

@Jb456 wrote:

Yet it all comes down to whatever company /business in the world that is hired to do a job and to be accountable for said job.  You likely tell the cashier at Walmart about an item priced wrong to get a discount. It says it right on the paper by there cash.

Canada Post no different. Person hired to do a job and is accountable for it. Simple as that.

So are you just saying if Canada Post did THEIR job right.....and post marked all postage applied....thus cancelling it.....it would be impossible to re-use a stamp? In the 10 pack of stamps it does say it is illegal to re-use a stamp. And the mil of paper for stamps is much thinner which makes it more difficult to tamper with. Have you ever put a stamp on the wrong envelope and removed it to use on another envelope?

As a previous stamp collector I am aware of a few methods of removing stamps and opening sealed envelopes. And am sure a lot of children from parents during the depression are aware too. 

@Jb456 wrote:

Yet it all comes down to whatever company /business in the world that is hired to do a job and to be accountable for said job.  You likely tell the cashier at Walmart about an item priced wrong to get a discount. It says it right on the paper by there cash.

Canada Post no different. Person hired to do a job and is accountable for it. Simple as that.

Just like Public Mobile. If what you said @computergeek541 is true that not only other members messaged you but also a moderator. Then who's not doing ther job? You're a "RETIRED" Oracle. Not your job any longer to clean up posts that go off topic or reach the grey area.  So really who's not doing there job? It ain't you! You're being nice cleaning up a thread that others didn't handle.

Doesn't matter be it a store in a mall, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Canada Post, Public Mobile or whatever. You're hired to do a job and are accountable for it. Doesn't take rocket science or university to stamp a stamp (no pun intended) and it doesn't take a "RETIRED" Oracle to explain it to @darlicious when you said a moderator contacted you about it. 

Just sayin!

@Jb456, not sure why you are going so heavily on the RETIRED part.  Tiana mentioned that they would retain some of the abilities in the community to clean things up.  Even though he retired as an Oracle doesn't mean people won't message him with issues.  I am sure you got many messages without being an Oracle about issues people were having.  As for the moderators contacting him, if (not saying he did) reported a post there would be interaction with the moderator on that.

As for the job part, it isn't an Oracles JOB to do these things.  If we see an issue or have something brought to our attention we have the ability to deal with it or can move it to moderators.  Again moderators are primarily here for customer service trouble tickets and have little time to monitor the community.  That is where it is the responsibility of the whole community to watch that the ToS are being followed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Just like the job 3 Oracle's and a Moderator did not do a few months back over a joke in the lounge and I got the heat of it..........🤔

Just like Public Mobile. If what you said @computergeek541 is true that not only other members messaged you but also a moderator. Then who's not doing ther job? You're a "RETIRED" Oracle. Not your job any longer to clean up posts that go off topic or reach the grey area.  So really who's not doing there job? It ain't you! You're being nice cleaning up a thread that others didn't handle.

Doesn't matter be it a store in a mall, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Canada Post, Public Mobile or whatever. You're hired to do a job and are accountable for it. Doesn't take rocket science or university to stamp a stamp (no pun intended) and it doesn't take a "RETIRED" Oracle to explain it to @darlicious when you said a moderator contacted you about it. 

Just sayin!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

The concern isn't with members collecting postage stamps.  This thread ended up turning into mutliple pages about people stating that they were going to reuse such postage stamps, with some even counselling others on how to do it.  I was contacted by other members about this and was also informed that a moderator also deemed this type of conversation to be inappropriate. 

I was one of those that I shared my thoughts with you on this. I flagged a couple posts the other day and a mod quickly removed the posts and actually much of the conversation around doing this.

I'm no prude. I break some laws just as much as the next guy. But one ought not to be talking about how to break laws out in the open on a corporate forum intended as a community of support for customers, albeit with some social interaction. Doing so is just simply out of line.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Canada posts equipment and it's result i was not encouraging that behavior....... needless to say i did recieve two more sim cards in the mail with no cardboard card vs one card stuffed with two sims. I suppose if the elimiation of the cards drops the weight of the envelope contents to only require one stamp....for that price I can't complain about them coming without its cover.

The concern isn't with members collecting postage stamps.  This thread ended up turning into mutliple pages about people stating that they were going to reuse such postage stamps, with some even counseling others on how to do it.  I was contacted by other members about this and a moderator also deemed this type of conversation to be inappropriate. 

@computergeek541   and thus my apology because with removal of the offending posts left mine being edited making it appear that I was the only offending post. Sometimes it's better to take the high road and just apologize.....but thank you for the explanation.....so there are no misunderstandings. Open communication prevents unnecessary conflict.

@darlicious wrote:

Canada posts equipment and it's result i was not encouraging that behavior....... needless to say i did recieve two more sim cards in the mail with no cardboard card vs one card stuffed with two sims. I suppose if the elimiation of the cards drops the weight of the envelope contents to only require one stamp....for that price I can't complain about them coming without its cover.

The concern isn't with members collecting postage stamps.  This thread ended up turning into mutliple pages about people stating that they were going to reuse such postage stamps, with some even counselling others on how to do it.  I was contacted by other members about this and was also informed that a moderator also deemed this type of conversation to be inappropriate. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

That site is getting addictive.....i go on to see if there's any vouchers available and i end up buying a sim card or two. Including the two i bought for $5 each from pm I now have 15!!!  Plus the original two $8/$10 vouchers and a $0.10 lucky sim and a $0.10 virgin sim just because I couldn't believe I could purchase and have shipped/mailed sim cards and the stamp cost more.....

Edited by computergeek541: removed discussion about used postage stamps as per Community terms of service

I best apologize for commenting on the inadequacies of Canada posts equipment and it's result i was not encouraging that behavior....... needless to say i did recieve two more sim cards in the mail with no cardboard card vs one card stuffed with two sims. I suppose if the elimiation of the cards drops the weight of the envelope contents to only require one stamp....for that price I can't complain about them coming without its cover.

Need Help? Let's chat.