cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom and Lucky mobile 3 GB - 35$ Promo

sidinikim01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, guys.

I just would like to upgrade my data plan in Public Mobile but Freedom and Lucky mobile 3 GB with unlimited call and text is 35$ at the moment.

It is very tempting actually and wondering if PM has the plan for it??

If they don't have it better transfer to Freedom I guess

12 REPLIES 12

I know people who keep bouncing from provider to provider, always on the lookout for a better deal, always attempting to score that better deal.

They keep buying SIM cards, stressing over number ports, spending time with wireless retailers, waiting in line, waiting on hold, paying for unused chunks on their monthly bills, leaking nickels and dimes for activation charges and other little fees. While I've stuck with Public for years, mostly worry-free and hassle-free, I never have to wait in line to deal with commission salespushers, and instead of constantly shelling out a few more bucks I get rewarded a few bucks each month for my ongoing loyalty.

You're gonna subscribe to a phone number for many years anyways ... so why trade some years of reliable service and steady loyalty rewards for a few extra GB you don't really want to buy?

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried doing some work to get deeper discounts through rewards? I have found the best one to be referrals! It just takes a little effort. Also, keep engaging in this community forum.

I posted this in another thread: What Public Mobile has that others don't is the potential to get deep discounts through the rewards program! I am shocked at how much I am saving right now because of it. The only thing is unless they offer a good deal to compete with these other budget mobile companies, they will not draw new users. I had no idea how cheap my plan could actually get when I first signed up. I signed up because it was cheap enough (though Freedom was cheaper) and because it is on the Telus network. I wanted a combo of reliable and cheap, so PM was a good balance. With the rewards discounts though, the balance is now all on the side of PM!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sidinikim01 That's sound interesting. However, to my mind, in the long run PM still wins due to its reward system and periodic give aways.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sidinikim01 wrote:

Hello, guys.

I just would like to upgrade my data plan in Public Mobile but Freedom and Lucky mobile 3 GB with unlimited call and text is 35$ at the moment.

@sidinikim01   I think you are misreading what Lucky Mobile is offering for the $35, it's 1.5 GB plus another bonus 500mb with autopay, for a total of 2GB.  Freedom usually have better plans but their cell coverage isn't up to par with PM/Lucky.  

So PM's current promotional $35 plan is also offering the same deal as Lucky but you also get another $2 savings with autopay enabled.  So the PM offer is better value.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sidinikim01 Lucky doesn't have a 3GB promo ? They do have a flash sale at the moment. I don't think it was there yesterday. 

Annotation 2020-05-15 202840.jpg

I would stay away from freedom. STAY AWAY. Public's network is on TELUS so its more robust. You will experience spotty service with freedom. I would just stay with Public as they have almost the same promos going on at the moment as lucky. Freedom is in another league.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sidinikim01 sorry, but I didn't see those plans on Lucky Mobile. I think you might've read it wrong. and freedom has zone coverage I believe. if you go out of their zone, you get charged for calls/texts. plus your $2 auto-pay you're paying $33 vs $35 from lucky and it's the same plan.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sidinikim01 I would go with Lucky the coverage would be basically the same and the phone should work since they share the same towers. Stay safe 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sidinikim01 wrote:

Hello, guys.

Currently nothing like that but for $5 more you can have 5GB

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's a pretty good deal. I don't need that much data, especially now. But if I did it would be very tempting. Although how much is a Freedom SIM?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I heard freedom has bad signal and coverage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sidinikim01  PM has a promo for 30$ (if you are in Qc) with a 2GB plan, unlimited canada wide calling + text.  If not in Qc, it is 5$ more.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sidinikim01 hi if it works for you go for it I am happy right were I am 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.