cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Information

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13    going to write this in English.

Of course Shawn has something to say that's obviously a given. 🙄 Stop thinking you're entitled because you have a little star next to your name. When some of you Oracle's (not all some) start treating "all" regular members the same than maybe you'll get it in return.

Sorry to say Shawn. When Oracle's new or old provide incorrect information and a regular member has to correct them. I can say what I feel. It's not the first time I've had to correct this particular one (3 or 4 in last few days) and prior to them becoming an Oracle I've had to go through posts to solve the person's issue when this person always directs them to contact the moderators. Even a thread that ended up being like 8 pages with myself and OP going back n forth to get the problem solved instead of how it started by saying contact mods. It's almost always contact mods.

Maybe new Oracle's should take the time learning about the system before continuing what they did prior to being an Oracle. Should have been a PM requirement if you ask me. How's it fair that you guys can write whatever you please and still collect a free $20 when us regular members have to actually put in work to earn a higher reward? 

Maybe I'll start to game the system and just reply to every post "contact mods". Since we all know PM secret formula goes by total post count. Doesn't matter if it's one line or a nice well written detailed post. So maybe Oracle's should start mentoring many of the newbies that are doing this. Just saying!

Isn't it everyone's duty on these forums (regular and Oracle's) to try to solve the issue for the client without the need of directing them to moderators? At least that's how I was mentored by some Oracles when I first started posting. I believe you were one of them also before you changed your tune and decided you had something against me lol. 

And don't say "It's not an Oracle's Job to mentor people" it was right in the Oracle application. Haven't seen that being done by any Oracle's in several months (several several). These days you guys let many on the English forums throw one liners, incorrect information, cause tons of confusion for the OP and sit back at let it go all of the time!. Which is not right or fair to a handful of regular members (myself included) that actually go the extra step and write detailed replies and try everything under the sun to get the person's issue resolved before having to say "contact mods". As it should be.

Sorry to Say and I even told  @Melinda_H   in our private discussion (not about any new Oracle) but did mention an overhaul of current Oracle's should be evaluated before adding new ones. There's a few old Oracle's that don't deserve there entitled status for a free $20 when they are rarely on and when they are it's short and sweet for a few posts. I sometimes have a hard time remembering how their username is written if I did need to tag then in something as they're rarely on lol.

It's quite funny actually when you can see that Oracle's don't look at all regular members as the same and have whatever personal issues/ grudge or wtv.  You can write the greatest detailed response and some Oracle's will bypass a bravo on your post because it's a certain username they don't like but will like the one before and after yours that is a one liner and not helpful. Go figure lol.

And of course you have just proved my point. Like in the past the Oracle "Clique" is very quick and fast to call out members when they speak about Oracle's. If this was the English forums I'd expect a few other Oracle's to chime in. Thankfully it's the French forums maybe one other will chime in who knows.

Oracle's are held at a higher standard. Remember you are the face of PM (which in the past you tried to tell me you guys are not) but that was confirmed also in the Oracle application thread. So when the faces of PM start doing their jobs (Not all but some) to earn that free $20 and treat all members the same on these forums than maybe some of my comments will stop. Till then at least proper information should be given to people and not incorrect info. I'd expect incorrect info to be given from the multiple newbies that do it daily to get their posts up without Oracle's doing their job in mentoring them as you should be doing.

Thankfully PCGeek is back to being an Oracle now. He did more work as a retired Oracle than some of the current (before the new ones) did. I think some of the new ones have already done more merge /transfers than some old Oracle's. 

It's time for the Oracle's to be on the same page together and not all this mixed up stuff of "Look at me I have a star I can do what I want". No sorry you're all Oracle's and should be on same page doing your job that you signed up for not pick and choose.

As I have now gotten off track on this whole post. I'll end with. If any Oracle (not just this new one) keeps giving wrong answers. I will speak up about it. I shouldn't have to waste my time going back and ready threads (on the French forum no less) correcting mistakes. I should be able to see an Oracle replied and know that the issue is likely resolved and not have to look at the thread. Like when I see PCgeek post in French forum. I'm confident that he has the issue covered. I should feel that confidence with all Oracle's not a select few.  Not all your guys fault. Maybe PM should have had a training or refresh course instead of just switching someone's status and say go to it. 

Think about it as a brand new member. If a new person was thinking about joining PM and reading the forums. They see Oracle's, they read about who Oracle's are. Then they go into threads and see regular members correcting the Oracle. Does not look that great for that new potential customer. This is exactly what I tried explaining to you guys in April when some of you were after me. Face of the community and when new people see how Oracle's talk to people (more back in the past with one Oracle who is still an Oracle lol with belittling condescending posts, personal agendas, etc)..It really doesn't look good for PM nor does it look good when regular members have to go back and correct Oracle's nor does it look good (this message that I am writing) where now I have to write defending myself because another one in the Oracle clique who we all know has issues with me and sometimes throws in cheap shots months later (not this time) is yet again coming after me when they should be mentoring their new colleague.

Don't worry though Shawn. I have one more goal to achieve on these forums and I'll likely be cutting back much much less as there is really no point anymore. These forums are all a mess PM does nothing really about it ( Although Melinda who is very nice is working on it which I 💯 percent believe she will be doing) to get these forums back on track and Oracle's that just do as these please when they want and let new members make a mess of things with incorrect posts with no mentoring. It's only a given that some regular helpful members wioo want to start being on less. Until it's fixed at least!

Have a good evening Shawn!

39 REPLIES 39

Of course one can get Bravos for posts they made months or years ago. I fairly often see a Bravo on something I wrote months ago from when someone actually does some searching for an answer etc. So someone as prolific as Gblack may quite likely look as though their rating is being averaged over several months (which it sort of is) but I would bet that is happening automatically based on Bravos well after the fact and a few late solutions being rewarded rather than being built into the system. But what do I know.....

AE_Collector

@darlicious  ok I see. But what were the post counts higher in the previous month's leading up to last month?

I believe it's it an overall. Average of post counts for a few months. If you take Gblack for instance. He was gone for awhile and still without even posting anything new hit higher rewards for the next month. Then the month after it went lower.

He posted up a storm in August. Got 1%

September he stopped posting around the 10th. Got 1%

October got 25% 

Don't see anything for Nov but it says he got 50% in December. Yet not one post since first weekish of September 🤔

I think it's a mixture of posts and Bravo's over a certain time period. With solutions in the middle. The posts itself I am very confident it does NOT matter if it's a big detailed post or a two word "Thank you" post.

If you look at new members that have Issues at signing up and go on rants for a few days complaining some hit 1 or 2 dollars. Clearly these members are not getting Bravo's for their post, nor are they posting anything helpful nor are they getting solutions. They're simply on a rant.

I think it was June a person received $1 for 8 or 9 ports and 4 of those posts said thank you.

I assume solutions do hold some type of weight but I think posts (over a certain time period) come first.

@Jb456 

Lol the 4th member of the top 1% for December had 198 posts. Theory crushed......nice job on the solutions this month. @AE_Collector and I sit back in awe of others solution counts with our pitiful numbers. I currently have about 2/3 the amount of posts and bravos as you but only 10% of your solutions....and I am having a good month solution wise.

@darlicious  #6 JB456? Lol. 

90 solutions 😮 That's fantastic. Still 13 days to hit that 100 lol Now that I say, that and with this  thread ongoing. I hope the solution marker will go easy on me. 

Edit - not sure I am reading your question right. The numbers you posted. Is this currently for this month? You want me to guess 224?

@Jb456 

Just thought  would mention the community reward is not solely based on posts otherwise I would be in the top 1% most months. My post count was lower than usual last month but here is the approximate post count of the top 1% and a few random top 5%ers. Do you want to guess who looks like they should be in the top 1% but was instead #6 on the unofficial bravo leaderboard and likely #13 in the whole scheme of things?

Post counts: 951, 554, 452, 360, 226, 224, 198 and 181.

BTW.....your solution count for this month currently sits at 90.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious  While your pie story was well written, and the pie definitely looks delicious(clearly some homemade crust goin' on there 👍), you really need to come up with some new schtick, instead of pie to solve every issue! How 'bout some crisp(apple, peach, rhubarb) once in a while, or a cobbler! 😉 🤣

@ShawnC13  Well first I will say thank you for posting the first part of what you just posted.  If you had something serious within the "team" happen to you. Than maybe in some kind of weird way you can kind of get a little understanding of what regular members go through. Myself included.

The difference between you n me. Is you were told it was dealt with. (Maybe your special star had something to do with that). As for me (and some other members from April) we were not told some issues were dealt with. Through the grape vine we heard someone got a slap on the wrist but other than that and other issues. No mention of anything zip zero Nada. Brushed under the rug.

So if (in some way) you can try to look at things as what "some" regular members had to deal with in the past due to an Oracle that for wtv reason had personal vendettas out.

Although it's been generally quite on the forums since June up  till (bit in Oct,Sept not talking at this point of said Oracle but other things that happened at same time in past) up to Dec Oracle Application thread. Then that thread seemed to kick things off again. Cheap shots (although you say it was a subtle reminder) posts starting to get deleted and hidden again. (Similar things that happened prior to April.  Than I would hope in some slight way you can kind of see the frustrations. Maybe not that's ok to.

With your "split" portion mine was was not the scenario you mentioned. I don't feel like listing it all out again as you should know you were part of it but I will list a quick summary. If your mindset is still thinking as a regular minnon on these forums not a star status.

• Oracle starts lounge thread for jokes
  • People posting jokes.
  • I post a joke that had the word test..I..cles. We are all adults it wasn't that bad. others have and are still up in the lounge much worse jokes.
  • The post is up for an entire week. Not a few hours not a few days but a week.
  • 3 confirmed Oracle's and a moderator seen the post. None did not do anything about it or simply edit it out.
  • Oracle that made the thread is the Oracle with a personal vendetta against me. 
  • At some point someone apparently reported it to mods. But again a whole week up and not one of the 3 Oracle's didnt simply edit it out.
  • After a week you did send me a private message suggesting I edit it out.
  • A little bit after your message a moderator messaged me about the post. YET LEFT IT UP ALSO.
  • I was the one that went back in to edit it out to replace it with a video joke.
  • People than started talking about bypassing the filter system to get the word "test..I..cle through. Which I didn't. I just hit post and it went.
  • Then I went to the normal threads to answer questions. The first post I see is a very frustrated member on a rant. That member posted the word that starts with an A and ends in hole.
  • I then took a screen shot and posted it the lounge thread. To say "Hey look guys there might be a problem with the filter system. Thinking maybe since 3 Oracle's (maybe more) are on the thread and I know the Oracle started the thread would see it. Maybe one of yous would use your star privilege and tag PM in to check the filter system (seems when the stars tag PM it gets looked into faster than a regular member. I also went out of my way and sent a private message to the moderator that just messaged me about my joke post informing them that there might be a problem with the filter system.
  • Then people started talking about terms and conditions,.etc.
  • The Oracle that made the thread made a post saying this thread was intended for jokes not for discussion.
  • Being that it's in the lounge, it's a joke thread, the discussion did go off track. But not necessarily going off topic like talking about hockey but talking about what just happened. I made a joke back saying "When we go off topic in normal threads you guys throw us to the lounge but we are already in the lounge so where will you put us now? Haha"
  • Then I tried to get the post back on track by posting another joke.
  • BAM All of a sudden (in a very short time of my comment "where will you put us now". Thread started get moved out, posts started getting hidden you name it. 

Then I started my rant of what r u guys doing blah blah. Then a bunch of Oracle's magically appeared writing back to me and it progresses to me editing my posts to stay safe. To give you guys some real work.

It didn't end there. Oracle's vs regulars for several days. All because 3 Oracle's and a mod didn't do their "job" and simply edit the darn joke out!

Things started to settle. For about a week untill Vendetta Oracle started posting cheap shots, read between the lines post instead of just letting the dust settle and moving on. Another member responded at one point saying what Vendetta Oracle just posted was incorrect as the timelines don't match (several several hours difference). Instead of Oracle just stopping decided to continue which caused everything to get heated again for round two of Oracle's vs Regulars.

**Note** may be off a tad in the above events. They all did happen but 9 months ago hard to remember the time line of events exactly.

All this for a lounge joke post that 3 Oracle's and a Mod did not do their job and simply edit the darn thing. 

But it was all my fault?;Then had to deal with multiple 12/24 hour bans, and since then frustrated Oracle's that have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to my username now.

I was even in contact with PM. Responded with a big message to their message to me. Well today is 2021 and my message to them was never responded to. How nice. 

At that point even a moderator was friendlier to me than you Oracle's. Mod even joked around in one of their messages and ended it with "Stay Safe 😆"

So Shawn when it comes to that and the several months that lead up to that episode with Vendetta Oracle continually posting belittling, condescending, cheap shot posts to 5 plus members.

For you as an Oracle to turn around this week in 2021 and jump in a French thread when you are never on the French forum to tell me belittling posts are not needed. Corrections are ok. Is pretty much telling me u can give 2 ish about regular members and will always stick up for your clique. 

Where were you back then when all this was happening? Clearly you weren't defending regular minnons when your Vendetta teammate was picking on 5 plus members on a daily bases. You were there also defending this so called Oracle team that does what they please because they think the little star next to their name makes them entitled.

And that is the issue I have with you.

You all say "ok guys these are forums to help members out and we should stop all this stuff" then all (or some) start to pounce and put their two cents in everytime a remark is made about Oracle's, yet the Oracle's have let these things slide because it's a teammate and shift the blame to the regular member posting a rant instead of (at times) doing the right thing and helping regular minions out. 

Then threads like this start. Some parts rant and other parts calling you Oracle's out for faults. Instead of taking it. It's more whine whine from the High Almighty Entitled Oracle's that run to PM. Thread is probably already reported to them so I assume I'll likely get a private message from them soon.

And it just continues to go in circles. Tell Oracle's the issues they take it as a personal attack and whine. PM gets involved and you tell them all the issue and it gets thrown under the rug. Or like in April not even a response. But they are sure happy when you're on the forums busting out 50/70 solutions a month and trying your best to go above and beyond to try and help a customer out while you see some Oracle's collecting their guaranteed $20 each month that rarely do anything on the forums or are hardly even on. How nice.

Ya ya I know. No one forcing you to post no one telling you to come on each day. Sorry I like the forums it passes my time at work, I like the members, I like helping out. I don't like the bull.

Why did we loose the Bravo Leader Board? I'm sure Vendetta Oracle had something to do with that to.

The funny thing is. Vendetta Oracle was the very first person to make a lounge post congratulations to Gblack bravo achievements.

As they kept going up. Vendetta Oracle was also the very first person to turn around to Gblack to shame him on his bravo achievement with belittling posts saying he's gaming the system. LOL 

Then magically in a short time Pm announces that the bravo board will no longer be available. 

Anywho. Clearly there are issues that need to be fixed within the "team". I didn't apply to be an Oracle nor did Z10 to work on changes (as you said) but you're already an Oracle. Why not take a step in the better direction. Be a leader of the "team" and try to get things worked on up there in entitled land. All things come from the top and eventually get down to us regular minions. So if the Top is having issues within their "team" and with their tasks towards regular members.  Not treating minions equally. Then definitely what comes down from you guys now n then, will go right back up from us minions back to you.

@Anonymous 

Well I didnt tag you and then I thought that might be rude so then I tagged you to share a peace of the community pie because everyone's welcome to share....and I think all involved know where I stand including Melinda and exactly how much behind the scenes work I do. And I fully believe in having an open and upfront discussion so that these kind of things can be worked thru, put behind us and move forward.....but as alluded to that is difficult when you are prevented from doing so....

we can only try by putting our best foot forward hopefully not in our mouths!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I can well imagine all kinds of things going in pm amongst folks that don't include me. And quite entirely expect it to be going on. But I'm not in any clique. I'm just the opinionated old curmudgeon of the place. But thanks for smacking me in the face with the declared exclusion.

With this discussion that sprang up I wanted to stand with a fellow minion and not just sit back munching popcorn. I've been in these discussions here and elsewhere and it would have been nice to have some backup. So I did here. Do unto others and all that.

@Jb456 @ShawnC13 @CFPartDeux @srlawren 

This just goes to show how one bad apple taints the rest of the batch for most people. It doesn't matter the the vast majority of the other apples are perfectly fine. They may have tiny imperfections but that is the norm. There is no true perfect apple and who would want that as all the other apples would then pale in comparison. If one or two apples got a little too close to that rotten apple and also started to bruise or go sour all is not lost! No this is when one must make the best of a bad situation.....unfortunately though if you don't throw out the bad apple it begins to spread the rot among more and more apples and no one will want anything to do with the entire batch. I prefer to look at the positive and salvage those bruised apples and not  toss them all out with the bad one but instead turn them into one big mile high apple pie! Take the positive out of the negative situation and let us all share a peace of community pie. All but the bad apple of course....in my mind its been tossed aside.

@Anonymous 

You're invited to share a peace of community pie I'm not leaving you out given our history but you have no idea what has gone on privately........and you probably don't want to either! Ok grab a plate everyone this pie is a laden with brown sugar, a little bit of spice and just for @Jb456 a bit of quebec maple syrup (you might want to share your peace with @Lieux just saying....) 

IMG_20171002_201448166.jpg

@Jb456 I totally get your frustrations, I can't say that there haven't been issues within the team.  As I said there was a very serious issue that was targeted towards me and after an investigation, I was told it had been dealt with appropriately, I wasn't happy but that is how it was dealt with and I have accepted that.

The part about things being split out of a lounge thread, if this thread had someone start talking about Hockey, I would split it out and have it in it's own thread and participate there.  Just because it is the Lounge and "anything goes" doesn't mean things can't/won't be split or removed to their own thread from a thread it really doesn't fit in.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's useful to keep these things out in the light of day rather than hidden unknown to all behind the scenes. If there's rot then we should all be able to know rather than just to those discussing it.

Except that PM doesn't want that rot "out in the light of day", since they made a point of asking at least a couple of us to edit their posts semi-recently..... posts which contained the name of some of the rot(some of which Jb has alluded to in this thread). My post was just a quote of the original, which contained the rot, and since I hadn't been on for a while, and didn't edit the rot out of my post in a timely fashion(in PM's opinion), the post was edited for me...... see Page 7 of this thread ( @darlicious 's post, and mine a couple posts below): Expanding Oracle team 

@ShawnC13 

I sure did withdrawal from the Oracle Application. As I noticed nothing changes with you guys. since April's episode. Have you making a cheap shot about stay safe edits or as just put it "to remind me". Having another Oracle (retired at that time) deleting n hiding a response to me on that same thread.

I don't need a reminder do you need a reminder? First off there is nothing in the terms and conditions that says a member can't go back and edit their own post. This was confirmed by Tiana in a private message to me.

Secondly the reason I edited tons of my posts to stay safe. Is due to some of you Oracle's using Oracle privileges for personal agendas and not for what they are meant to be used for. You had Oracle's merging stuff out of a lounge post and hiding things that actually eventually pertained to what happened on that lounge post. Why was it merged some may ask? Because it was an Oracle that started the thread in the lounge (although he didn't move it out another Oracle said they did which I still don't entirely believe but will except that part)

So yes I edited some of my posts to stay safe. To give you guys a real job to do since those posts are not in lounge. Instead of yous merging stuff in a lounge post because it's an Oracle thread . I also believe it was you (I could be wrong don't feel like going back to look at private messages from that past it may have been another Oracle) that agreed with me when I wrote. Guaranteed if it was a post in any other lounge topic that wasn't an Oracle's it would have never been moved. 

Shall I continue with said Oracle (who is still an oracle with only a slap on the wrist);abusing multiple members with belittling, condescending, cheapshot posts for months? Getting people banned on the forums, trying to get people uninvited to a pm event in Toronto. (Maybe some of what I just said is not just one Oracle but a few).

Many new members thought it was a Subtle way to show that It could be abused? Lol Look at the Oracle's (not all I think) that have abuses their special privileges lol. Don't need to use me as the example when it is not against the terms and conditions to edit ones own post to wtv they want. I guess it's clearly not against the terms and conditions for some Oracle's to use their special privileges for personal agendas either lol. But likely you said it wasn't cheapshot but will use now say it was "a subtle way to show" all good.

You wrote "I am sure you have taken up your issues with Melinda".. I may have worded my response on that wrong. Sorry. I know you didn't say issues with Melinda. When I wrote "this issue with Melinda? I thought you were saying that (this discussion we are currently having back and forth if I took it to Melinda) So I wrote" No but I did tag her into the discussion for a portion of it. If she reads it or not doesn't matter. (Hope that makes sense)

Why do you have a fixation on this word attacking??? You came into the French forums when you seldomly, very very rarely come to. To message me. I responded with a very long post back to you which you didn't really acknowledge. 7 total posts back n forth with u then I said "picking on me" on the 7th post.

Shawn it always seems. (Maybe I should have bookmarked all the threads) that any opportunity you get you have something to say to me. I'm on the forums pretty much daily and I do NOT see you doing this to any other members but me even when some other members say things also.

This all started from you towards me after April's "stay safe episode" and all the issues some Oracle's caused for it to lead to stay safe. Ever since then, now and then you have something to say to me. But don't say anything to others that at times post similar things. Fast track to Oracle application thread. First a cheap shot then ever since more and more you find something to write me. And now you came into the French forums over an hour after it was all said and done to write me again. When was the last time you were even on the French side? Anytime I write any little thing with a comment on Oracle's you're the first one that has something to say back to me. Yet when other people have something to say about Oracle's there are times you don't say anything to them. 

You clearly know I will write back. It's as if you like to try and egg me on. Then you want to tell me your "opinion" on how you think I should end my open season with comments to Oracle's.

That is perfectly fine Shawn. Freedom of speech and you have every right to share any opinion you want to me. Just like I have every right to make comments on Oracle's and say my opinions or remark or cheap shot. You Oracle's do it than so can I.

It's just a little star that gives you special privileges as a superuser. It doesn't give you the right to think you're entitled on these forums. It doesn't give any Oracle's the right to abuses these privileges for personal agendas nor the right to do as they please. 

I just briefly read through another Oracle post that chimmed in.

There's no petty jealousy going on here as well as no expectations. We've seen the tasks on the Oracle application thread. So all Oracle's should be doing their job plain and simple. Its far from a "team" when everyone does as they please. Some are rarely on, some are on just posting chitchats message's and answering a few questions. Some actually do some of the tasks while others are on and rarely do said tasks. It appears to be do as you please. As well as do or not do things depending on the person's username. 

Sorry but Oracle's have a job (tasks) that should be the same across the board for all regular members they encounter. Nothing more nothing less.

There's been a few new members posting on these forums for a few months now. First month sure mistakes happen, incorrect info posted, doing one liners to be the first entry happens. Give em breaks. But when some do continue months later. When are the Oracle's going to do their task and mentor/ coach them?

Some of you guys did that for me when I first started posting You wrote explanations on threads, some sent me private messages, some quoted my response and said you did good but if you add this to the message or do that it will be even better.

Some told me not to write the message out just to answer the OP questions to be first. But think of it as answering for all other future readers. Make them detailed and even part of what you put doesn't pertain to the ops question put it in anyways as it may pertain to a future readers question. (Meaning if there are 3 ways to solve an issue list all 3 ways even if you already know option 2 will resolve ops issue also list 1 and 3 for future readers)

When some or maybe just me (lol) write all this stuff (like this thread) that may have some rambling but also has some things about Oracle's. Instead of just ignoring all of what is written why not take bits and parts out of it that may help the Oracle team be an actual team and not just a ish show and be like meh wtv don't care what he's writing.

If yous the Oracle's don't care. Then I don't care when I see yous whine (if a topic like this comes up when I or someone makes a comment towards and Oracle)Oh the Oracle's, stop treating Oracle's like this, it's not nice , whine whine whine. 

At this point what's the Oracle Team anyways? Where is it? Where are these faces of the PM community? Where is that standard protocol,? It's not a team when everyone can do as they please. It's not a team when part of the team has abused their special privileges for personal agendas, it's not a team when some have done belittling condescending posts to multiple members. 

If it was a team then the team would have fixed, corrected their teammates when in the wrong instead of join the clique and defend them. 

Work together to fix your team so we regular members can actually see you guys as a team.

For now it's a little tiny star with some special privileges. Stop acting so entitled. 

And yes @ShawnC13  I did cancel my Oracle application publicly. Melinda also sent me a private message after I cancelled asking if I was really sure that I wanted to cancel.

Who in their right mind would want to join this so called team when they already know some of the Oracle's have issues with them. One (or maybe more) had personal agendas out to get me plus trying to get me uninvited to PM events. The list goes on and on. 

Sorry that's not me. Join a so called team (which currently ain't really a team just do what u want) and have to deal with two faced people that once was out to get me to what would have be a fake congratulations welcome to the team. No thank you!

PS - Hope no one takes offense. It's just a post discussing issue's. Take it like work. If you're the boss and give ish to your best friend who works for you. When work is done you go out and be friends and leave what happens in the workplace at work. Don't need any of you Oracle's to hold grudges and in 6 months if I need help with something to be ignored due to this thread. Just saying!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren : But Oracles ARE to be held to a higher standard as indicated in the announcement and the application form. It is absolutely only a mere $20...so why all the formalities and job application? So they did it this way. So that's what's required.

I equated it to the cops because they are also held to a higher standard of conduct (those vast majority that do, anyway).

I'm not "treating the team" any differently than I already have as indeed they're just customers like me. It's that THEY (not all) don't treat everybody "under" them as required by them being in the "job". It's that THEY (not all) don't appear to be doing much around here to "deserve" their un-earned $20...that we minions can see and that we minions have to spend countless hours to get upper rewards...yes yes yes...it's about helping the customer. But there IS money involved. We can see the volume of work that the top performers do. We don't know how the Oracles (not all) come to "earn" their 20 bucks.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's useful to keep these things out in the light of day rather than hidden unknown to all behind the scenes. If there's rot then we should all be able to know rather than just to those discussing it.

@Anonymous  Sure thing then.  Did you apply to be an Oracle to help make the changes so needed it seems?  It sounded like in a post you made that you were offended that it wasn't offered to the highly active members of the community so I took that as you didn't apply?

Whatever I did or didn't do or felt doesn't matter to this discussion. The discussion is about the Oracles being held to a higher standard. The "job" required being able to keep that standard. Are they? Have they? I would say in some cases not.

I can certainly give some grace to the new ones for a short period of time. But the old ones not so much.

Actually, I think it does @Anonymous.  If people didn't apply but complain about how it is going, is like voting and then complaining about who won.  It is always easier to chuck the stones than it is to defend them and make the changes that are required.  We know at what speed PM operates, my concerns and issues were forwarded to the Team Lead for the Program.  I was told that my issues and concerns had been dealt with appropriately, was I happy with that result no I was disappointed, and I wish there was more action on it, but it is Public Mobile's Program, and they will run it as they choose.

As for the "job" comments my last couple of responses will cover me for the next month or so at my hourly rate lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : Oracles are supposed to be above it all. Like the cops. People will hurl all kinds of abuse at them in person. The well-trained cops remain stoic and above it. You guys are the cops. You took the "job".

From what I've read of the issue, I get it. Why bother being an Oracle of the system and phones if you just throw customers to the mods. Us little folk down here get a little miffed that the exalted ones get their 20 bucks anyway for that while we do a bunch of legwork to see the customer on their way.

@Anonymous wrote:

The discussion is about the Oracles being held to a higher standard. The "job" required being able to keep that standard. Are they? Have they? I would say in some cases not.

I can certainly give some grace to the new ones for a short period of time. But the old ones not so much.

@Anonymous take a step back.  This is a community of customers of Public Mobile that are by and large here trying to do their best to help other customers.  There's no reference guide, no 2 week training course.  You're comparing oracles to police officers and saying they should be held to the same standard?  For "$20"/month?? [actually less, as their level of participation would earn them some level of reward even without being an oracle--so we're really talking about a $5 or $10 at most top up per month].  The expectations from some--apparently including yourself--are frankly ridiculous.  I'm more happy than ever that I stepped down ages ago if this is how yourself and @Jb456 want to treat the team.  The level of petty jealousy on display from you both is very disappointing. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  Sure thing then.  Did you apply to be an Oracle to help make the changes so needed it seems?  It sounded like in a post you made that you were offended that it wasn't offered to the highly active members of the community so I took that as you didn't apply?

Whatever I did or didn't do or felt doesn't matter to this discussion. The discussion is about the Oracles being held to a higher standard. The "job" required being able to keep that standard. Are they? Have they? I would say in some cases not.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Here is another example. Screenshot in both French and English.

Same Oracle (and please remember these are not Oracle tasks making errors) these are just answering general questions making errors but it's coming from an Oracle. If it's not incorrect info on some occasions. It's "contact mods" with no problem solving.

"15 days to "test" the service and in case of any problems you could be entitled to a refund as with any other company"

Only when I corrected the Oracle. They went back and edited the post and posted the screenshot portion.

Like really?

The screen shot is just a cutout of the thread. So I included the link so you could read the whole thing.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Utiliser-votre-service/j-aimerai-discuter-avec-un-mod...

Screenshot_20210118_142404.jpg

Screenshot_20210118_142242.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@ShawnC13  again it's not an offer. You give options. Like I just listed the dates of your last private messages to me. Don't see any private message from you "offering" to discuss it in private. Just fake meaningless posts saying you've offered.

This issue with Melinda? No! I tagged her in the post so she can see. If she reads or not, responds or not (to the portion that I addressed to her) it doesn't matter.

The rest I've address to you. It's Oracle issues anyways you're an oracle fix it. So do your Job that you signed up for. 

Everytime I make a comment about Oracle's. Shawn first one to jump on the bandwagon back at me. This time Shawn telling me to apologize for my comment and stop Oracle comments. Who are you to tell me that?

Why don't you be an Oracle and instead of telling me those things. Do your job and Mentor the new Oracle that posted incorrect information to multiple posts that I had to correct them on. That's not my Job. It's yours  it's your teammate. Mentor and teach them how to how to use that really cool PM feature called the search bar to search for answers and do some problem solving instead of most of the time writing "contact mods". 

I didn't say you had an issue with Melinda I said you seem to have an issue with the Oracle Program or some of the Oracles which she is in charge.  I didn't tell you to apologize to an Oracle I said I think (opinion) you owe them one.  

I respond to you and then you say I am attacking and picking on you.  @Jb456  you have no idea what has been talked about with the new Oracles and the offers of help that have been made so that is something you can't talk about with any knowledge.  I reached out to all that were announced, congratulated them and let them know I was available for any question they had and how they could get in touch with me outside of the community as well.

The opportunity was given to all to apply for the Oracle program for these recent additions, you withdrew your application (if you hadn't and been accepted you could have helped make all these changes you are asking for to happen) it easier to make changes when you are part of the program and it sounds like others didn't apply because they were offended that it wasn't offered to them as long standing very active community members.   I think we have great additions to the Oracle Program and happy with the choices PM made.  You mention that they are my teammate to teach and mentor(That is what we are doing it has only been ac couple of weeks) yet when I try to defend my teammate I am not allowed? I am protecting the "Clique"

I will also clarify your comment about a "cheapshot" as you called it from the Oracle Application thread.  I mentioned that the edit function can be abused and used "stay Safe" to remind you of what you did with your posts.  Yes some people that have been around since then would also remember but there are many new members here that weren't around and I thought that was a subtle way to show that ability could be abused without having all the new members know what went on.  As I thought you would have been a top candidate there was no need to have new members need to know about that.  Take it as you want or twist it as you do but that is all it was.

@ShawnC13  again it's not an offer. You give options. Like I just listed the dates of your last private messages to me. Don't see any private message from you "offering" to discuss it in private. Just fake meaningless posts saying you've offered.

This issue with Melinda? No! I tagged her in the post so she can see. If she reads or not, responds or not (to the portion that I addressed to her) it doesn't matter.

The rest I've address to you. It's Oracle issues anyways you're an oracle fix it. So do your Job that you signed up for. 

Everytime I make a comment about Oracle's. Shawn first one to jump on the bandwagon back at me. This time Shawn telling me to apologize for my comment and stop Oracle comments. Who are you to tell me that?

Why don't you be an Oracle and instead of telling me those things. Do your job and Mentor the new Oracle that posted incorrect information to multiple posts that I had to correct them on. That's not my Job. It's yours  it's your teammate. Mentor and teach them how to use that really cool PM feature called the search bar to search for answers and do some problem solving instead of most of the time writing "contact mods". 

I have made other offers to discuss this with you @Jb456, you denied them as well.  No I don't take screen shots of for proof so I don't recall exactly where it was offered. I am open to anyone that wants to reach out to me to discuss things.  I am sure you have taken your issues up with Melinda as that would be appropriate person to address all concerns with the Oracle Program.

EDIT:  Change all wording of OFFER to Option 

Yup no hush hush private message for me. What's there to hide?

So you're just going to choose to not respond because it's not sent to you in private and hidden from everyone? Lol that's funny. That's an entitled star tag move if you ask me (not giving you a cheapshot just voicing my opinion)

It is in the lounge after all so it's a legitimate thread regarding PM issues. Don't get why you always want it done in private? Don't want PM to see something?

Open forums for all to see is the best way to go.

Thing is @ShawnC13  other members on here have issues with how some Oracle's do thing's also. They just don't speak up. I have no problems speaking up tho. 

Open thread is the best way to go but do as you wish and not respond. All good. lol.

Hopefully you take some of what I wrote and use it constructively so Oracle's start getting on the same page. Comes from the top, to bottom. So fix it. 

It's funny how you have no issue openly posting on threads telling me I should apologize for my comment and end my comments towards Oracle's. Like who are you to tell me that? Lol.

Then proceed to say you "offered" to discuss anything with you in private as you "offered in the past". Like who are you to say that? You have no problems writing that on the open forum to make yourself look good but ITS NOT A GENUINE POST!. Had it been a sincere post from you that had truth to back it up I would have had seen a private message from you in my inbox! 

So word it correctly. It's NOT an "Offer" it's an "option" you gave. Instead of me picking that "option" I choose the "option" of writing public for all to see. If it was an "offer" then it would have said "I did send you a private message"offering" to continue the discussion in private. 

Last private message I got from you was  September 23rd 2020 when you replied to my message thanking me for informing you that you had personal stuff showing in your public photos.

And prior to that one was April 2020 when you clarified your first message that could have been taken as a threat. 

So thanks but no thanks you can keep your fake fictitious "Offers"  lol. 

Take it easy and good day to you Sir!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @Jb456 real life keeps me busy to and not always enough time to answer to everything.  I chose not to respond as I have offered to discuss anything with you in private as I have offered before rather than pages and pages here.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Well Shawn. I guess you did not want to chat yesterday lol. 

So I'll leave you with this.

With the new additions to your "Clique" brings your group to 9 Oracle's.

I suggest that all of you as a team start focusing your attention on Mentoring.

Instead of you guys doing as you please. Chitchat threads, randomly picking and choosing tasks to do, no doing anything at all or coming on very seldomly. 

Change it. Re-Organize your group and focus on doing the same tasks.

Leave Luddite do the solutions.

Leave PCgeek do majority of Merges/Edits (when he is online)

Leave the newbies to learn their new tasks. 

All Oracle's except for new should focus on teaching / mentoring the new Oracle's and new members.

Then focus on mentoring the newer regular members that are active on the forums. Incorrect information, confusion, one liner posts, copy n pasting contact mods without even trying to problem solve. Can all stop IF you Oracle's with that fancy star would do your task in mentoring / teaching these people.

I can name 5 active users right of the top of my head that could probably use some coaching from you Oracle's. 

By you guys prioritizing your tasks and focusing your efforts on things like this instead of being all over the place. The outcome will be better for the forums overall. 

Currently you guys are all over the place (like a chicken with its head cut off) and this overall look is not good for PM. Your are the face of PM. 

Make these forums more structured. What comes from the top trickles down to us regulars. I shouldn't have to point out errors continually to a member that has a special star next to their name. I do get it (we all make errors no one is perfect) but when it's 3/4 incorrect responses in a 24-30 hour period and majority of other responses are simply "contact mods" with no problem solving than there is a problem. Especially when that comes from the top.

You can rebuttal and say well the member is new and learning. Nope sorry these are standard (answering people's questions) that every one answers. Little Star next to their name should mean the person knows what they're talking about.

It does say that right on  "The Oracle program & team" thread.

"Extensive Knowledge". 

Or do you want to shift the blame to PM on not doing their due diligence before in the hiring process?

Screenshot_20210118_113317.jpg

So it would be best that you as well as the other Oracle's. Start mentoring your teammates and new members. 

I don't need you jumping in threads writing me. You clearly know we get along if it's left to just answering people's questions. We are both civil and you'll even help me with edits or we can flow together to get someone's issue resolved. However you also clearly know if you come at me in the way you did on that French forum "Oh you owe them an apology, oh you always have something to say about Oracle's, oh you need to end your open season of comments' on Oracle's"

Then I'll be coming right back with a response to you. We'll end up going back and forth like this. Wasting both of our time for something that is a non issue when we both could have been focusing on all the new topics that come up to help those users instead of typing responses back and forth on a silly matter.

Maybe one day when you and some other Oracle's get over your issues with my username we can all work as a team for the overall goal which is helping people on these forums. Until you guys start acting like a team. Instead of all doing whatever you want then you may get a comment from me. 

Remember it comes from the top and trickles down and you guys are the top of these forums. Don't think I don't notice when you throw a comment my way when you try to be SLY and word it differently so it's not intentionally directed to me. Like two recent ones from you.

• Oracle application thread page 5
  • New year's Day or day after  (or near that time frame) your sly remark about moving a post to lounge. Something like "I thought that would have ended last year but I guess some people don't know when to quit". (Something like that I can't be bothered to find the exact thread or comment now)

But just because you don't get a reaction from me doesn't mean I don't notice. I take the bigger step and just ignore it and move on to helping other members. You probably should start doing the same. Cause when I have to write threads like this I will. 1-  to get my point across and response to all the stuff you write to me. And 2 in hopes PM sees it and says to themselves "Definitely a gap between the Oracle's and Regular members maybe we should look into this". Of course there is a gap because entitled Oracle's think they can do what they want when they want with no worries because PM don't really monitor the forums and leave it up to the Oracle's. Two way street even if your special little star is not monitored as closely as regular members. No need to keep things hush hush, it's visible to everyone, everyone sees some Oracle's do more work than others while some do hardly anything and others a rarely on collecting a free (or I should say guaranteed $20) regardless of what they do.

Anywho. It's only the start of 2021. Maybe we will see eye to eye before the end of the year. I'm open (have always been) if you are Shawn.

Have a good day!

@ShawnC13  

Considering not many people are on the French forums. If my post was "brought to your attention" then it was likely by the New French Oracle lol if that is even the case.

Everytime (not only me) says anything about an Oracle you're 90% the first one to jump on the bandwagon and give a reply. 

What's the big deal of a star next to your name anyways. You're not entitled. Not better than the rest of us regular members. You simply been on these forums for a very long time and have certain Superuser privileges whoopy do. 

How is it ok for Oracle's to talk down to regular members but it is not ok for regular members to talk back to Oracle's?  

Whenever you have a chance you're the first Oracle to respond back to a comment I make or go out of your way to reply to something that you should just mind your biz. Not talking to you not bothering you nothing zip zero Nada. But you speak then I speak that is just how it goes. 

Oracle application thread page 5 you threw a cheap shot directed my way "Edit privilege ain't given to just anyone could be abused. Stay safe".. talking about my stay safe edits from April ( all those edits caused by you Oracle's)

Defend? Let's see. Who did you defend with the rest of the Oracle clique? Will13am. So if you want to talk to me about "no need to belittle". Maybe you should check yourself and look back in the past when your Oracle teammate was belittling 5 plus members on a daily basis for months along with condescending cheap shot posts. Where were you then Shawn?

How come you were not speaking up towards that Oracle to defend us regular members?

Was it not brought to your attention? Our private messages back and forth back then (which I still have) clearly shows otherwise and you were well informed what the issue was. Believe I still have one of your responses when you said "Ya at times I don't see eye to eye with that Oracle either". You had every opportunity to defend us regular folks back then but you choose otherwise. 

So for you to now in 2021 talk about a belittling post makes no sense. What gives you Mr Oracle the right to talk about that when you did the complete opposite last year? Oh wait I know because the person doing the belittling was part of your clique right? So that's ok?

Let's not forget the private message from you to me back then that could have been taken as a threat. Then only after the fact when I posted a full timeline of the Oracle's using privileges for their own agenda with screenshots then a bunch of Oracle's ran back to their posts to edit them to remove belittling responses, make them look better,etc. And sure enough at same time I received a 2nd follow up message from your first threat message with you trying to explain what you meant.

All good though bud. Nothing really changed on your end from April 2020 to now. Was nice a quiet for a few months until the Oracle application thread came about. Than here we go. Have Shawn throwing a cheap shot my way, have Shawn now and then (not all the time) replying to some of my posts in not such a nice way. Have PCgeek who was retired at the point hiding his own posts directed to me. Got the personal agenda Oracle who for months n months has had a personal agenda towards myself and other members all of a sudden liking some of my posts lol. Because PM gave him a slap on then wrist. Got other Oracle's (maybe or maybe all you same ones) complaining to PM when I write "You Oracle's" well yes sorry you're all a team and should be all on the same page not pick and choose.

I think you have better things to do on these forums then always coming to bother me. Don't you think? Like mentoring the new regular members on how to not post one liners and take their time to give a detailed correct answer? Maybe mentor some new Oracle's? Pretty sad when Oracle's give incorrect answers multiple times or say contact mods 80% of the time. You should be focusing your time with these people and not on me. I'm averaging 50 to 70 solutions a month. I think I'm over 100 or very close to it for January alone. Your time on these forums can be better served if you help these people out and not focus on me. Just sayin!

Ever notice I don't say a word or a comment when everything goes fine on the forums? You guys (well at least for the last few months) let me do my thing and answer people's questions, a little joke here and there and all is happy. But as soon as I say one little thing about Oracle's BAM got 3/4 down my throat lol. Glad this ain't on the English forum there would be more Oracle's. But actually that may have been a benefit. Ndesai  mimmo are rarely around but always seem to appear on threads when I start talking about Oracle's lol. Maybe that would get them back to the forums to actually do some work lol.

But really there was no belittling at all. It's a darn joke. Do you not know how to joke around? Can you not take a joke without getting frustrated and thinking someone is attacking you?

Not sure how you can't see it as a joke. And if it was actually brought to your attention. Than the other person should also grow some thick skin and not take it so personally. Nothing is directed personally to anyone. Had I left it ending with that then yes it could be taken personal but I did not leave it ending like that. I actually went on to give an answer to the Oracle. 

All I wrote was.

"Sorry Oracle. The information you gave was incorrect. The free $20 each month must be nice lol"  basically saying it must be nice to give incorrect answers and still know you'll get $20 at the end of the month. 

You may say cheap shot. But don't because you do cheap shots to. It was a joke nothing more nothing less.

If it was intended to be something else like you just wrote "You like to take shots at Oracle's any chance you get" then I would have left the message just like that.

Not proceed to explain to the Oracle why their answer was incorrect. 

I don't necessarily give shots to Oracle's any chance I get. What I do do is make remarks when Oracle's are not doing their "JOB". It's not fair to regular members that have to put in lots of work on the forums to get a decent reward when "some" Oracle's (not all) rarely do anything and get a guaranteed $20.

As I mentioned before in one of these posts. Before new Oracle's that just started a retired Oracle was leading the forums doing Oracle's work. While some Oracle's were either rarely on the forums or on the forums (not you) but just randomly posting on chitchat threads, now and then answering a person's question but leaving all the other work to the other Oracle's who did not have to do much as a retired Oracle already took care of it. Ya that's fair!

My opinion stands on that topic.

If there is 3 Oracle or 7 Oracle's they should all be doing the same job. Not pick n choose, not leave it for someone else. They all should be doing exactly what everyone else does and treat every regular member (regardless of username) with the same respect. Not pick and choose who they like and don't like for personal reasons. It's pretty sad that I can't even tag all the Oracle's in a thread that needs something edited cause they see "jb456" tagged you in a post and they just ignore it. Don't need the excuses of why they do. I've seen one Oracle write in a thread 20 seconds before I tagged them and then proceeded to continue to post on every other thread for the next hour but ignore the one thread that I tagged them in. Ya thats real nice. Or as I said already Oracle Bravo's a one line post before my detailed post (that ends up getting the solution) and Bravo's 1 or 2 posts after my post but not my post. Hmm wonder why that is🤔 darn JB456 I don't like him that's why lol.

If all Oracle's can't be the same than bye bye replaced. 

This is where problems arise. Oracle's are the face of the forums and PM rarely moderates and leaves it up to you guys. Clearly they don't see all that happens on the forums which is probably another reason some Oracle's are still an Oracle and not gone.

Sad that some of the New Oracle's appear to have already done more work on the forums than the old Oracle's lol.

Anyways I got to get to bed. PM should evaluate all Oracle's on a 2/3 month basis and not a year. Or better yet get rid of all Oracle's and have someone from PM on here 24/7. Then we can all battle  (with same privileges) for the top rewards. 

Was it last year or the year before. That one or 2 Oracle's left and one of them was not on for 4 / 5 months and still got $20 each month. How Nice.

Anyways I don't care. As soon as I hit 1000 solutions. I'll be on much less untill PM gets these forums running properly. I have faith in Melinda in that. Quote button would be nice tho lol.

Have a good night Shawn. Till tomorrow so we can continue if you want I don't mind 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : No...it's the default 20 bucks you get anyway. You can barely show up and still get the reward. Optics donchaknow. The rest of us have to put in the time to get that measly few bucks. Yes...it's helping the customers and feeling good about seeing them on their way. But Oracles can get by seemingly apparently doing little to nothing and get rewarded for it. While everybody else has to hammer it out to get less. Optics.

Like politicians jetting off to warmer climes while telling their voters to stay home. Optics.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : I'm in support of Jb456 here (knowing full well that what I think carries exactly zero weight). Oracles are supposed to be above it all. Like the cops. People will hurl all kinds of abuse at them in person. The well-trained cops remain stoic and above it. You guys are the cops. You took the "job".

From what I've read of the issue, I get it. Why bother being an Oracle of the system and phones if you just throw customers to the mods. Us little folk down here get a little miffed that the exalted ones get their 20 bucks anyway for that while we do a bunch of legwork to see the customer on their way.

@Anonymous there is no issue with correcting people, we need the information to be correct to help out the members.  The added comments are not needed.   Everyone makes mistakes I know I have posted incorrect information on here and when pointed out to me I go and edit my post and point out the correction.  If people are getting miffed about the rewards then it truly isn't how everyone says that they are just a bonus and the real reward is helping people.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : I'm in support of Jb456 here (knowing full well that what I think carries exactly zero weight). Oracles are supposed to be above it all. Like the cops. People will hurl all kinds of abuse at them in person. The well-trained cops remain stoic and above it. You guys are the cops. You took the "job".

Need Help? Let's chat.