cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: E-SIM

sarahsong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ryanrudolf  I have also Fido data only plan, Is your Fido card data only? and can be active with esim card? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I might actually be able to get a tablet plan with Koodo or Telus. Since I'm a Public Mobile coustomer I wonder if I could call them and ask for it. I doubt it but its worth a shot.

BearFBI

@sarahsong Ah I see. I wonder what would happen if your wife ports her number out ? You might still have the tablet plan.

I'm actually considering getting the plan for my apartment survalience system. I was looking into a cheap DSL connection but its all too expensive and they don't offer enough upload speed. And all I need it for is live viewing. If I could figure out how to get the 4GB tablet plan and put it into a 4G router thats all I would need. 

The plan is actually 10$ for the first 2 years. Its super cheap.

sarahsong

@BearFBI Yes, I have a postpaid account, I gave the Fido number to my wife to use

BearFBI

@sarahsong Yeah. Fido's Tablet Plan is meant for tablets and most tablets dont have Esim. I think thats why they don't support it. 

May I ask how did you get the tablet plan ? You need to have a postpaid account with them. Did they give you trouble ? 

sarahsong

Yes, two years Fido $15 data plan and the promotion first year free, It is great! Now I want to buy iPhone with esim card, but somebody tells me Fido only allows voice plan Not data only plan to active with esim, So it is good if PM accept the esim card.

BearFBI

@ryanrudolf I'm guessing your using the 4GB 15$ Fido data plan. 

Too bad my phone isint E-sim, or at least dual. I have a Galaxy s10 and I thought it would at least come with a dual sim but it dosent. 

I could've went with the 15$ PM plan and the 15$ fido data plan. I would've been paying 30$ a month for 4GB. Now that's a good deal. It makes our 35$ plan look like a joke. Even the Quebec one.

The only problem is the tablet plan is only available to existing fido users. But i heard ways around that.

Canada's wireless is brutal. We have to do all this just to pay ok prices. We need more small telecom competition.

Need Help? Let's chat.