cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile screwing over existing customers again.

Zantac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to change my plan, but Public Mobile is purposely restricting existing customers from switching.

Aren't you fed up with these tactics by Public Mobile?

I have my entire family’s account with them, and I think it's time to switch.

Should I move to Fizz, Chatr, or Lucky?

13 REPLIES 13

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Zantac 

There are many providers that have similar or cheaper plans, you can move to another provider that fits your needs and works in your location.

Lucky has a $50 referral credit that may work with you and your family.

golfball

@Zantac Unfortunately that's not the case. There are certain plans that are only available for new activations on at least Lucky. I know Fizz restricts their best plans to certain regions also.

Speaking of coffee and donuts, customers seem to suck it up when Timmie raise prices.  Mobile service providers somehow are expected to hold prices forever.  I can roll with changes Public Mobile has made this past year.  Net, net, it's been a bit of a nothing burger with lost rewards being offset by cheaper plans.  The thing that has irked me somewhat is not monetary, it's in the messaging.  Weak marketing is the brand's loss not mine.  

Zantac

My family is fed up with PM's tactics. We switched to PM to avoid these kinds of games, but now PM is doing the same thing.

Zantac

"Restricted" self serve.

PM actually spend more money creating barriers to prevent their existing customers from getting anything.

Zantac

Fizz, Chatr, and Lucky don't play this nonsense with their customers.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Totally agree- with the musical chair analogy. I was with bell mobility for years paying 3 to 4 times more than my present totally adequate PM  plan. . In addition to much lower than bell pricing we have loads of  self serve options with PM. It’s just a little funny that just because we can complain we are complaining and threatening to switch all because of  pricing increases for much better plans that amounts to less than the price of a coffee and donut .

Zantac

PM used to be great, but not anymore. They are removing benefits one by one and losing customers rapidly.

slusagm

you can keep playing this musical chair game,  all Mobile carriers are like this.  After you became their existing subscribers, you'll be stuck with a short list of not so good plan,  the best plans are for new activations only

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I sympathize with your frustration but —don’t be hasty - as they say if your given lemons make lemonade—-——>PM does have excellent pricing and coverage as good as the best. Perhaps so many complaints about this and that just because we have this forum and we have so many self serve options. I was with bell mobility for years and never had so many self serve options. I just used my smart phone and paid my bills on time never giving it a second thought. Personally I’m glad I switched to PM .

Tinop

Just play their dumb game... Switched my daughter to noname mobile for a few months. Sim cards are only $ 5.00 . Their plans are good or reward Freedom or Fizz. ,same as Freedom  it's their equivalent to Telus Public mobile...We have them to thank for lower cell service plans...Don't understand why more subscribers don't shop around... Switch back latter if Public mobile offers a better plan...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Zantac  Yes it’s very disheartening what they are doing . If you do t have any friend referrals  . There is really no reason to remain loyal . Just take the best plan/deal that’s offered by which ever carrier wants to treat you best and with dignity 

Need Help? Let's chat.