Get some Atlantic provinces and BC in the mix

Oracle

Re: Oracle Program discussion

@kav2001c wrote:

Oh another very valid suggestion:

Oracles should be living in different time zones

Having 4 Oracles all in Toronto area is useless for late night / early mornings

Get some Atlantic provinces and BC in the mix

@kav2001c, we are split.  @NDesai and myself are BC and @Luddite and @will13am are ON.  imm1304 and Rockdaddy were also ON

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541

Well, of course the other side of my coin is that by seperating Oracle rewards from Community rewards certain Oracles could easily get more total $$$ per month (if they qualified for both)

I dunno I just think there is something about posting them as top performers that generates some heat

It could happen that someone has 0 posts as they spend the month policing the boards and editing / removing troll posts

Just because the normal posters do not see it does not mean it does not happen

I am skeptical the Oracles even pay for their services anyways

Both of my primary lines on Public are basically free (if I post payment history screenshots I am sure to incur some wrath Cat LOL )

Even the line I added for father in law barely ever needs topping up

I am just sad my glitch line was cancelled (took over 2 years tho haha)

Koodo is a bit cooler with Mobile Masters as they are mailed free demo phones of new releases

Maybe that is best thing for Public to try and offer something other than simple bill credits

Oracles are listed in that announcement but aren't listed as top performers. That is the Top 1%.  I do pay for my plan.  It with rewards it is very cheap and with referral rewards it has my cost covered for a bit but I do still have a 90 day phone bill when those credits run out.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Oracle is the highest title one can achieve in this community.  Its meant to be more of a recognition/reward for being consistently great in the community.  It brings honor to the person as a proven expert with experience that only time can bring.  One has to prove self worthy of this promotion by remaining active in the community for at least a year.. so a lot of the hard work already went in during the previous year for any new Oracle who is starting today.

Its logical that anyone who has earned the title is likely to stick around longer and prove reliable.  How often PM choses new Oracles is up to them.  We, the customers, came in for the PM experience and enjoy the ride and take the rewards that are on offer.  This is my view.. I share honest feedback when asked but I never feel entitled to dictate terms to PM.  

Mayor / Maire

@imm1304 wrote:

Oracle is the highest title one can achieve in this community.  Its meant to be more of a recognition/reward for being consistently great in the community.  It brings honor to the person as a proven expert with experience that only time can bring.  One has to prove self worthy of this promotion by remaining active in the community for at least a year.. so a lot of the hard work already went in during the previous year for any new Oracle who is starting today.

@imm1304No one sais it better than you.

@imm1304 wrote:

Its logical that anyone who has earned the title is likely to stick around longer and prove reliable.  How often PM choses new Oracles is up to them.  We, the customers, came in for the PM experience and enjoy the ride and take the rewards that are on offer.  This is my view.. I share honest feedback when asked but I never feel entitled to dictate terms to PM.  

I said before in a different thread that I believe that part of the oracle program is marketing technique.  I do believe that as it provides Public Mobile to advertise up to $20 off. 

Also, I think it a way, it provides Public Mobile a chance to earn some loyalty from a long-time member/customer.  This loyalty doesn't always mean agreeing with everything that Public Mobile says and does, but it's probably not a secret that someone paying less for the service might have a better opinion about the company, and might be slightly more willing to give Public Mobile some slack when it comes to mistakes that are made or any slowness in improvements.  When a company doesn't spend that much on advertising, word-of-mouth can be even more important, and the company wants to try to make some of the longer serving customers have at least somewhat of a favorable opinion of the company and service.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 @imm1304 it serves a few purposes.  As you noted, it's a reward they can advertise to entice new customers.  It's also a way to get and keep their customers engaged and interested in the brand on an ongoing basis (rather than activate and forget about it, like most do with most providers).  It's also an extremely, extremely inexpencive way to get a ton of crowd-sourced triage and support from community members.  Imagine if they had to pay enough moderators their full wages to keep up with all the disucssion in the community and do all the basic troubleshooting and answering general questions and so on that we do before referring people to contact the modertator team as it exists today?  I tend to think those extra wages added up even over a few days would very quickly offset the monthly sum of community rewards paid out to us customers.  For Public Mobile, it's almost entirely win,win,win!  WIth very little downside.  In fact, in times when there is a "a few hours" rather than "a few days" turnaround time on requests that actually need moderator involvement, the community support model works exceedingly smoothly here.  I miss those days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

it serves a few purposes.  As you noted, it's a reward they can advertise to entice new customers.  It's also a way to get and keep their customers engaged and interested in the brand on an ongoing basis (rather than activate and forget about it, like most do with most providers). 

It's also an extremely, extremely inexpencive way to get a ton of crowd-sourced triage and support from community members.  Imagine if they had to pay enough moderators their full wages to keep up with all the disucssion in the community and do all the basic troubleshooting and answering general questions and so on that we do before referring people to contact the modertator team as it exists today?  I tend to think those extra wages added up even over a few days would very quickly offset the monthly sum of community rewards paid out to us customers. 

The $20 Oracle payout is nothing compared to what it would cost Public Mobile to pay an employee to answer basic questions.  Perhaps Public Mobile can raise the base rate from $0.05/hour to $1/hr.  LOL.

Even with the complete payout of community rewards for everyone, it's peanuts.  There's likely a set amount set aside as a marketing expense.  Ironically, even though the increased community rate payout amounts of late meant that regular members often received more than they did before, I got the distinct impression that was compensated for by reducing the amount of people who received said rewards.

The funny thing is that when I first joined during Fall Promo 2016, things were going very smoothly.  I believe it was really only the last week or so and after the official end date that things turned into chaos.

Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@imm1304 wrote:

I said before in a different thread that I believe that part of the oracle program is marketing technique.  I do believe that as it provides Public Mobile to advertise up to $20 off. 

Also, I think it a way, it provides Public Mobile a chance to earn some loyalty from a long-time member/customer.  This loyalty doesn't always mean agreeing with everything that Public Mobile says and does, but it's probably not a secret that someone paying less for the service might have a better opinion about the company, and might be slightly more willing to give Public Mobile some slack when it comes to mistakes that are made or any slowness in improvements.  When a company doesn't spend that much on advertising, word-of-mouth can be even more important, and the company wants to try to make some of the longer serving customers have at least somewhat of a favorable opinion of the company and service.

@computergeek541, I can assure you that the Oracles do not go easy on PM or give them slack.  It may not be entirely visable out in the open community but I can tell you that in the Oracle section there is a lot of discussion about issues and we don't go easy on them.  I have been on a few conference calls and most of the time we are always commenting on how we need system improvements instead of new things being provided or new promos.  I am sure @srlawren@imm1304 even as retired members of the Oracle Team would agree to that statement.

Highlighted

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@computergeek541, I can assure you that the Oracles do not go easy on PM or give them slack.  It may not be entirely visable out in the open community but I can tell you that in the Oracle section there is a lot of discussion about issues and we don't go easy on them.  I have been on a few conference calls and most of the time we are always commenting on how we need system improvements instead of new things being provided or new promos.  I am sure @srlawren@imm1304 even as retired members of the Oracle Team would agree to that statement.

Maybe, "slack" is a bad choice of words by me.  I've noticed something that has come up a few times is Public Mobile assigning phone numbers to new customers that are already active and in use by someone else.  I'm sure that's just one example of something that needs to get fixed.  Controversy in the bravo and community reward system is something that's also sems to have been coming up more lately (at least in my opinion).