cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customers vs. existing customers offers - Message CS. They will forward to Marketing Team

PMG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With regards to existing customers getting plans offered to new customers

I messaged customer service asking to be switched to the plan offered to new customers. Here is their response:

TL;DR - Contact a CSA with your request. They will forward this to marketing team. Please remember that the CSA's have nothing to do with the eligibility of these offers so please be nice to them.

Re: Changing subscription
Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us and bring this matter to our attention, My name is Nataly and I'll be more than happy to assist you today.

I totally understand the situation about the new plan, we have also received some other tickets for customers requesting the same offer. We'd love to have the option to update the plan on your account, unfortunately this is an offer that has been launched for new activations only. The Marketing Team has designed the plan to be available only when a new activation is being completed.

We keep sending feedback to the marketing team and we hope they can have this plan available for our existing customers as well. We also expect o have new promotions soon, so you can take advantage.

Thank you for your understanding. 
Best Regards

Nataly

Customer Support Agent   

14 REPLIES 14

ShannonGF

Screenshot 2024-01-02 201815.png

ShannonGF

If you want the 50 Gb for $34 you can get that plan via Freedom Mobile and it includes data/text/voice across North America for no extra fees (i.e. Canada AND US). We switched to Public Mobile for Black Friday and are pretty frustrated at the ridiculousness of them offering a plan with 10Gb more data at the same price and not allowing us to switch to that one despite having only been customers for a month.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I’m curious which ones are ‘The Marketing Team’! Then we would know who to direct our feedback to! 😉 

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@golfball wrote:

@anotheran wrote:

Maybe it's public Mobiles way to rid themselves of the legacy reward members

But why? If they really wanted to they could just terminate the legacy rewards program.

I suspect that would cause a major churn event.  Doing it this way provides more opportunities to retain and upsell.  Just look at all of the targeted offers via text message offers taking place since the summer.   Those folks with very large legacy discounts likely have a very significant number of referrals.  Those referrals could easily jump ship with the referring host.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@anotheran wrote:

But why? If they really wanted to they could just terminate the legacy rewards program.

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a great opportunity for the Bell/Lucky marketing team to steal customers.

@anotheran I agree that's exactly what's happening here.  I'm sure the bean counters are counting on some churn here but I suspect they would rather lose some to gain more profitable subscribers...

anotheran

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing, however I think it's just the standard response to get one of their back. 

Not impressed. 

Nothing the rep can do and marketing already know long in advance what they will and will not offer.

Smoke screen.

PMG

I would love this. Some months i can use only 15-20GB and other months I can use 50-60GB. Hopefully the CSA was hinting to a real scenario of old customers getting the same offer as the new ones. Good luck! Happy New Year too!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PMG  I think if we do get similar offer it may be on the 90 day variant so like 150GB for $102 to use over 90 days possibly . Fingers crossed 🤞 

PMG

Follow up from CSA:

We recommend you to keep checking the website, hopefully we'll have promotions for existing customers.

Hopefully we, the current customers, will get the same offers...

jontrac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the information. We'll have to keep checking if a new plan will be released for existing customers today. 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PMG  Thanks for sharing this 

PMG

It's rather frustrating that you have to do this in order to get this plan. I have been offered a great plan from my old carrier (was part of a family plan with four lines, three of which are still with them) and it may be less of a hassle, for me, to go back to them rather than creating a new account here at PM. I have no complaints with PM otherwise. I'd just like to be offered the same incentive to stay as potential new customers are getting to sign up.

I sent a message off to CS asking for the new plan being offered to new customers and am waiting for reply. The great thing about prepaid is that i can go to any carrier i want to with little to no service disruption for me. I always view these sort of things as a win win for me.

Happy New Year!

Need Help? Let's chat.