cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets get on the WiFi-Calling bandwagon folks.

RajivD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

as the title says. 

Wifi-calling gets my vote for a feature request. 

29 REPLIES 29

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why don't they make wifi calling available? I know PM is a 3rd tier provider...but it seems like a pretty basic feature these days. And they even offer call forwarding which I personally love for when I travel (a service other providers don't offer standard anymore). 

thepaladin68

Good luck . I think you’ll have far better luck talking to a wall 

Insignia

kindly talk to the customer service people asl them that wifi calling feature is very important and is the need to the hour kindly push this request for wifi calling to the people who are blocking it .if alot of request s go to them they will most likely do it sooner than later .the person i spoke with said yes its coming but he said he cant give me a date he will get back to me with  a time frame . i would request everyone to ask cs to unblock wifi calling feature .

petey99

Recently switched to PM from another provider that had Wifi calling, and was very disappointed to find out that it is not available with PM.

Its a must feature !!!

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would love to see wi-fi calling too. Lots of low to no service areas in NL where you could have wifi. 

thepaladin68

Finance dept didn’t run a cost benefit analysis on this one 

Nick_N
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agree. I have to switch to my Rogers SIM (company) when I'm in the house to avoid missing any calls. I thought wifi calling is good for provider because it doesn't use any of their bandwidth.

_TheGuardian_

Yes, that would be great if they do it. I vote for it too! 

Korth_

@G_Cristian wrote:

Rogers+Fido offer WiFi Calling, why not Telus+Public Mobile?

People are asking for it. People want it.

If enough people want it - are willing to pay for it - then Telus will be happy to sell it.

They always make new (but basic) technologies into commodity items. Only available on certain plans, certain devices, certain contracts and conditions. Cost extra. Advertised, marketed, promoted in ways which make them seem like desirable and valuable things worth paying more for.

It's what they did with free Call Display, Voicemail, Call Forwarding, Conference Calling, HD Audio, etc. With Canada-wide calling. With 2.75G, 3G, 4G, LTE. With "unlimited" throttled data. With VoLTE. With eSIMs. These things always trickle down from Telus Mobile to Koodo Mobile to Public Mobile. But Telus makes sure they squeeze every penny drop they can get before opening their fist - they would keep their profit-squeezing forever if their "competitors" didn't already make them free components.

Telus Mobility will get VoWiFi first. Eventually. Koodo Mobile, after a while. Public Mobile, a while later.

If VoWiFi is a feature you must have then the sad truth is that you shouldn't be at Public Mobile.

thepaladin68

Wysiwyg unfortunately 

G_Cristian

Rogers+Fido offer WiFi Calling, why not Telus+Public Mobile?

G_Cristian

It's EverSafe. At any rate, there is TextNow and Fongo but don't forget that as far as OTP goes i) some banks and service providers refuse to send OTP to VOIP numbers and ii) even for the ones that they send, most Short Code SMSs do not arrive anyway, so for Public Mobile to not offer roaming outside of US and at the same time not offer WiFi Calling is not a good thing.

thepaladin68

Surprised that Public doesn’t have Wi-Fi Calling feature implemented 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think this is an amazing idea! Used to have it with Virgin Plus and it worked amazing for large buildings or IKEA! Hope Public Mobile adopts this next year as one of their goals! It would bring a lot of attention to Public Mobile as the "Cheap Plans, Same Functions" Provider. I was with them in 2021 for a little bit and it sucked that they didn't have Voice Over LTE, but glad they got that settled out!

Korth_

I think there's two main barriers to VoWiFi which prevent Telus (or any other major operator) from providing it.

1) They can't monetize it, because

2) They can't properly secure, control, audit, monitor, or track it.

Flameotter

Please get Wi-Fi Calling on the Public Mobile Network. It would be a welcome addition.

Thank you!

Justin-time

My wife and I joined PM at the start of November.  She already switched away,   because we need wifi calling in our house.   My kids and I may switch away as well.

Joorrddan

100% agree! 

JAS139

Wifi calling would be amazing. Surely Public Mobile has it on the road map. Videotrons expansion and MVNOs are going to force the expansion of features and competitive pricing.

mrsblondee

Yes please!!!

RajivD

Well I did send them a note. Don’t think I  heard from them yet. It’s funny that I am being so optimistic as to think that this will be our Christmas present from PM this year. Fingers crossed 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Nice try @RajivD 

but you need to write to PM and let them know what you want.  A request on the forum would not go anywhere

(but I doubt it will come 🙂 )

Online-juicer

Yeah definitely I'd like answering calls from my basement

Sony16

I agree wifi-calling should be added. I miss it when I had it with Bell and used wifi-calling in my basement with no issues.

Thanks

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I vote no. the system has gotten worse since the everclear change. there's a thing called TextNow and fongo

Andy85

@RajivD I agree! I feel like Public Mobile should introduce this just so that they can keep up with the competition!

illy

I just switched from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile, noticed the signal bars at home and work is only about 1-2 bars when Freedom had about 3+ bars. Wifi calling would definitely help in my situation. 🙂

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wi-Fi calling would be amazing maybe it’s in the near future knows… 👀

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Indeed @RajivD 

It would be nice.

Alas, folks here have been asking for that for a LOOOONG time.

If you want to formally request it, ask the Customer Support Agents to forward your request:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.