cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it wrong for a family to have more than one PM account?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

17 REPLIES 17

Shorty_J
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good question, I get that if family has multiple community and cell accounts that they should not be using them to as someone put it "game the system", but I also agree that if all the accounts are not manned by one family member and restraint is used so as not to bravo every post but I feel that it should be okay for a family member to help another family member (i.e post a reply to a support question) as well as they should be able to bravo a post of another family member ( again my opinion, as long as the bravo is truly deserved and they are not just bravoing every post i.e restraint) then I feel like this should be okay and allowed, does kind of feel like family discrimination by just assuming every family is "gaming the system" by having more than one account in the family. Again though that is just my opinion and how I feel about this topic/rule

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Many members know I also have a second account that I have had to use on occasion when darlicious needs a sabbatical and let's @maximum_gato out to prowl around the community. but "we" have been careful to not bravo ourselves. Family members participating is murkier. I don't think there is anything wrong with bravoing one another when it's deserved but there must be restraint or it becomes questionable.....and unacceptable if the family community accounts are all "manned" by one family member.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

HotChocolate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone can help my family member to remove the post?  We can only remove the body but cannot delete it completely

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It is fine for a FAMILY to have multiple community accounts. You posted that your created PLAN and then were bravoing and giving solutions to it from your BEER account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

"Yes very sad" isn't a soluton to the question and that solution has been removed.  Nobody would say anything about having more than one account, but when those accounts are giving bravos and solutions to each other, that is volation of the rules of this website. Warnings have been issued before about this.

BEER

Please explain as to why the discrimination against family members?

As long as family members do not bravo (or grant solutions) to each other, it is fine to have multiple community accounts.  

If family members bravo each other, that is gaming the system. Not fair for other community members.  It is generally frown upon by the community and by PM management. 

BEER

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well said @CountyDownIeUk   and this is the key that @beer missed:

do not use others to do some cross bravoing or commenting.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

I have 3 community accounts as I assume you are talking about “community” accounts. 

Lurganieuk My number

Barrascuk Wifes number

Countydownieuk Home number

I thought you needed a community account for each number in the event of need of support. I manage all the phones in the house. I only use one ID and do not use others to do some cross bravoing or commenting. So if there are multiple PM accounts in a household and family members use and not share their community ID then it is what it is....individuals participating. And is often easy to see different IDs being used by same person. 

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes very sad!

BEER

@Community_QA wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

as long as you are not using them to bravo each others posts from those accounts. I know of several members here who have multiple accounts.

BUT OP was.

Maybe a long time member or an Oracle can chime in on the unwritten rule here.

BEER

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JK8 wrote:

as long as you are not using them to bravo each others posts from those accounts. I know of several members here who have multiple accounts.

BUT OP was.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

I see no problem having multiple accounts in the community when you have multiple PM accounts as long as you are not using them to bravo each others posts from those accounts. I know of several members here who have multiple accounts.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I don’t think so but really have no idea. To be clear, you are speaking of “PM Community Accounts”, not PM cell phone plan accounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.