Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to do the airtail sim update

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

@srlawren I think it's not India, but China.

@Korth from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharti_Airtel:

"Bharti Airtel Limited, also known as Airtel, is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in DelhiIndia. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia and Africa, and also in the Channel Islands. Airtel provides GSM3G4G LTE4G+ mobile services, fixed line broadband and voice services depending upon the country of operation. Airtel had also rolled out its VoLTE technology across all Indian telecom circles.[7] It is the third largest mobile network operator in India and the second largest mobile network operator in the world with over 293.79 million subscribers.[3] [4] [8] Airtel was named India's second most valuable brand in the first ever Brandz ranking by Millward Brown and WPP plc"

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren I think it's not India, but China.

A company owned by China Mobile operates a brand called CMLink in the UK and (now) Canada.

They are currently offering free SIM cards along with their Plans. They're a bad deal compared vs Public Mobile, unless you do a lot of travelling and calling between China mainland, Hong Kong, and UK/Canada. And I've heard Chinese-speaking people (around Vancouver and the Fraser Valley) say "airtel" instead of "cellular" quite a lot.

@8812863710

I think you're looking for a different company. This is Public Mobile (a Telus-operated company), nothing named "airtel" is sold here, and SIM cards are not free (they're $10).

But while your here you should check out the Plans and compare them against the "Airtel" you're asking about, you will probably find they're a better deal. China and Hong Kong (and India) are countries available on Public Mobile's International Long Distance Add-ons, if that matters. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TheGx wrote:

So...what is an airtail sim update anyways?

@TheGx great question!  I googled "airtail" and the first suggestion was Airtel, which is a mobile provider in India.  Confusingly, assuming @8812863710's username is his or her phone number, 881 area code is in Kansas USA.  So, @8812863710, if you're looking for help with a SIM card from an Indian or American phone provider, you're in the wrong place--this is a support community for Public Mobile, a cell/mobile provider in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So...what is an airtail sim update anyways?

jluong9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@8812863710 can you please elaborate and desribe what you need help with

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@8812863710 Please explain your issue in more detail.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need Help? Let's chat.