Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 things...

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I'm curious about 2 things...

• I'm wondering how I might change my username, if that's possible.
  • I was looking at the settings page for our profiles and noticed under the instant messaging tab that there is no Discord or even Facebook (a social platform that is arguably the biggest one). Now I don't have nor care about Facebook but alas there is no Discord. Is there any reason for this... any good reason? P.S. I seriously doubt anyone uses MSN Messenger that has been extinct since like the dawn of Facebook.
5 REPLIES 5

Obice

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541  @Korth  you have both misunderstood @Obice's question about Facebook.  They were not asking about PM's Facebook or Discord.  There is a spot on your user profile where you can enter in your ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or Skype username.  They are surprised to see stuff barely anyone uses (basically all on that list but Skype) and to not see Discord or other social media/IM platforms that are more current and relevant.

@Obice the PM community runs on (and is hosted by) a 3rd party platform called Lithium.  I'm guessing Lithium hasn't updated this aspect of the user profiles in a while, and/or PM hasn't upgraded in a while and is running on an older version of the platform maybe (speculation).  In any event, I'm not sure why anyone would actually want random PM users contacting them via IM.  If someone wants to IM with me, they're welcome to send me a private message to ask to connect, but in no way would I ever post that publicly in my profile.  Maybe that's just me?  

I'm not sure I would put my Discord on my profile but the fact it's not there was a bit of a shocker. And yeah, I didn't mean Public Mobile's Facebook.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541  @Korth  you have both misunderstood @Obice's question about Facebook.  They were not asking about PM's Facebook or Discord.  There is a spot on your user profile where you can enter in your ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or Skype username.  They are surprised to see stuff barely anyone uses (basically all on that list but Skype) and to not see Discord or other social media/IM platforms that are more current and relevant.

@Obice the PM community runs on (and is hosted by) a 3rd party platform called Lithium.  I'm guessing Lithium hasn't updated this aspect of the user profiles in a while, and/or PM hasn't upgraded in a while and is running on an older version of the platform maybe (speculation).  In any event, I'm not sure why anyone would actually want random PM users contacting them via IM.  If someone wants to IM with me, they're welcome to send me a private message to ask to connect, but in no way would I ever post that publicly in my profile.  Maybe that's just me?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Obice

I see, to both of these posts.

Public Mobile does (or did) have a Facebook page. And maybe some other social media presence.

It created constant confusion and distraction. Especially when promos/deals advertised on only one site or the other. Especially when customers didn't know which site was the fastest way to access the PM Mods. Especially when confused or misinformed or angry customers randomly alternated or divided their attentions between sites.

It was a mess. It generated a lot of collateral babble (which ripple more confusion and distraction) in this forum.

I'm glad PM finally migrated all their business onto their business website.

@Obice wrote:

Hi,

I'm curious about 2 things...

• I'm wondering how I might change my username, if that's possible.
  • I was looking at the settings page for our profiles and noticed under the instant messaging tab that there is no Discord or even Facebook (a social platform that is arguably the biggest one). Now I don't have nor care about Facebook but alas there is no Discord. Is there any reason for this... any good reason? P.S. I seriously doubt anyone uses MSN Messenger that has been extinct since like the dawn of Facebook.

To change your Community username, you'll need to ask a moderator to do that for you.

As for social media websites, Public Mobile wants this Community website to be the one and only contact point between clients and customer support.

Need Help? Let's chat.