cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been contacted by their previous provider?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good morning all, I was wondering if anyone has been contacted by their previous provider in attempts to get them to come back. 

I have received a call yesterday from Rogers saying that they have a great plan for me and it is the cheapest on the market. I was expecting them to offer me their 20 or 25gb winback offer, i still would not have gone for it as I really don't use data. The associate asked me to tell her what my plan was. Im on the 25$ plan but down to 17$ with the promos and referrals. She said well I have 6gb for 40$. Mentioned to her that it did not interest me one bit as there is no international text as we do text someone from the states. She said we can always add that on. I asked her if she had any plans under 30$ and it was just a talk and text plan. I can not believe how they think they can still think they are competitive after I gave them the details to my plan. 

Soooo happy to be a PM client. 

7 REPLIES 7

stevenanto

@LurganIeUk I completely understand what you are saying, there is only some very limited info I would give out to a stranger, this was for them to cross reference if they would like. 

During the peak of covid I have had some weird characters show up at my door. One of them was bell and they wanted to offer me some of their services at a discount.

We have even had people show up as Hydro Quebec with no marking of the company on their clothes or truck, they wanted to check if my system is fine, its all done wirelessly to the company, I turned on the lights outside and said we seem to be working fine here lol. I got them on my cameras and also their plate number, pretty dumb of them to park in front of my house. 

I also get a lot of stuff in the mail from Bell and Videotron for their tv services, I would say every 3 months or so, they send it in an envelope with the label saying important offer inside or improve service for my address. I am not a huge tree hugger but thinking about all the paper and resources used to send these out every three months to people who dont have their services gets you thinking why their prices are so high.

stevenanto

@liuxinbingYes the person I spoke to was also a little tough to understand, at first I thought it was one of those scammers as they called me from a local phone number

@darlicious Yeah I guess free would stop everyone in their tracks, count your lucky stars that they dont contact you at all anymore. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@stevenanto Said:  The associate asked me to tell her what my plan was.

You could tell them any thing!  Also my personal standards are that I won't tell any solicitor at the door, on the phone or at an event any thing that I have, don't have, or would want to have. You don't really know what kind of information that they are keeping track of, that you are telling them. Let them spill the beans with their best offer. Awhile back I had Telus Mobility call me, telling they could guarantee they could do better than what I pay currently. I don't think it was a WinBack call as it was over a year since we were on Telus Mobility. I did not feel like having fun with them and just said thanks and good bye. 

I am particularly sensitive to door to door marketing especially  when they ask...How does your alarm work?....ha ha....no response from me. So keep this one thing in mind if some one is selling alarms door to door like Vivint or ? ask them for their license. All alarm sellers must have one! They send out shills and if you ask if you have a licence...they may say no, but there is a licensed person door knocking that can assist. 

And since Covid there have been some door knockers when any contact was not a good idea. We have established and new policy in the house....no more answering the door unless we know who it is. That really simplifies things. 

@stevenanto 

I haven't had a winback offer from telus and freedom never bothered to waste their time on me but I occasionally get a keen salesperson from telus taking advantage of my account information from my home services to try and sell me an unbeatable mobile phone contract......but free stops them in their tracks and that moment of silence I quickly give them the pm hard sell and they can't get off the phone fast enough......come to think of it they haven"t called me in an awfully long time......🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : I define land line as those traditional "copper wires". They should remain on. The wire connected network would have backup power. Then it might depend on how long the outage went. If you use a cordless phone on it then of course. So you need to use a wire connected phone too.

There are other services that people call land lines but they're not real copper land lines.

Big players can never offer better plan than PM (or any other smaller provider). Or they could for a limited time and then they will continue to charge you arm and leg.

After cancelling my Bell land line, few weeks I have been pestered by Bell to come back as they have 'copper wires' and my phone will work even if there is no electricity. Which is not true as my land line was completely off when we had big power outage a decade or so ago.

Best approach and to cut conversation is to tell them: can you offer me this and that for such amount of money I am paying it now but not for a limited time? Yes/No. Goodbye and do not call again, please...

liuxinbing

Got a call yesterday from Rogers. Can barely understand him/her. Asked what plan I have for how much. I said 1G and unlimited call for 23 tax in, can you do that? He/she said hmm did you finance the phone? I said if you can't beat, let's end the talk. Financing, $$/month, plan is $$/month, .....wasting everyone's time.

Need Help? Let's chat.