cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Noticed..

Alex-M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone other than myself noticed a PM staff member by the name of Christopher_T who always seems to have an Online presence, yet if you click on his name and look at his profile, he has no posts made, no solutions offered, and no bravos earned since his initial registration date of: 01-14-2015.

Seems quite odd that a PM staff member would register himself to the PM Community that dates back to a year ago, yet not be such an active presence amongst the community to be seen as truly active, and thus remains as an inactive presence with no real supportive function.

Let me show you all what I mean clearly with 3 screenshots I took:

Online Users 01

Online Users 02

Online Users 03

It would appear as though someone from Public Mobile has created this User Name to give what would appear to be an Always Online net presence, when actually (given by the profile and apparrent inactivity) of the user, seems more like a falsified non-live supportive PM staff member.

I say falsified non-live supportive PM staff member, because if you give it some thought, there is a lot of activity from Real Live PM staff members already here amongst the community forums that are quite active, and only one retired community member Kala who is no longer with us, as her profile shows.

Just something I've observed. What do the rest of you guys think?

42 REPLIES 42

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This was great Smiley LOL

Alex-M

@imm1304 Nah, he's really Robert Stack from Unsolved Mysteries. Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Admit it,  @Christopher_T you're a bot.  Robot Very Happy

Alex-M

@Christopher_T ROFL Smiley LOL I can not get that clever meme out of my mind now with Robert Stack who hosted Unsolved Mysteries. Thanks for making your presence known, and for your good sense of humour. Bravo to you!

@David_J Thanks for taking your time to contribute to the discussion, and providing a clear explanation.

@Korth You provide a very good, insightful, and refreshing point of view. I once knew someone who ran their own website and Interent Relay Channel, and built his own Bot from the ground up. He had some pretty good programming skills, especially with the A.I. he gave his Bot. I believe he was programming it with C++. The A.I. of the Bot was so convincing, that some users thought that they were actually speaking to a real person in live chat sessions. The Bot could tell jokes, you could ask it for help, sometimes it would even make quirky and funny remarks by itself, and you could even get it to perform simple tasks for you too such as Private Messaging someone, asking it for assistance, or even directing you to a different area of the site or opening a new chat channel session for you if using IRC.

Thank you to everyone for sharing their collective views, feedback and even some conspiracy theories. Smiley Happy

lol @Christopher_T your first post!

More seriously, just because a user is logged on (that is, a machine is running a browser with an open tab logged on) doesn't mean a user is actually present.  For example, PM reports that I've been online for over 2000 minutes (over 33 hours) - which is quite flattering, although I assure you that I've actually been online for something closer to maybe 2-3 hours of real activity - I guess I just left myself logged on in a minimized window far too often between restarts.

Yes, Christopher_T might (or might not?) be a "real live" person, an alias, a placeholder or generic name reserved for web admins and auxilliary PM staff members.  Not sure how "real" the PM staff really are, if they provide us their real names or just swap logons as needed to provide optimum customer service and response - and, to be honest, not really concerned because in the end PM is a business and the identities of the people at PM is none of my business.  I'm guessing "Christopher_T" is just a bot, simply logged on continuously to provide web metrics, logging, and history, possibly nothing more than a way for the webserver to send text alerts to someone's device when technical things go wrong or need attention.

And so what?  Aside from his apparently slow typing speed and wry sense of humour, Christopher_T hasn't diminished access to snappy and savvy support from other PM staff members (and oracles and awesome neighbours) who are indeed logged onto the site at any given time.

@Christopher_T

haha Smiley LOL Smiley Tongue

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Christopher_T
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

17xiit.jpg

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Alex-M @makkahn28 @NDesai @kav2001c great little conspiracy theory, but I'm going to throw a little cold water on it. Christopher_T is not a moderator for the Community, but part of the team which keeps the Community up and running (so no posts, but on for long periods of time, as well as having a membership which dates back to the early days of our Community). I hope this helps - let me know if I left anything unanswered.

Maybe @Christopher_T is the Ghost from Christmas past?

Maybe @Christopher_T is Santa Claus, after all Xmas is coming to town, lol.

I miss Winter

Alex-M

@kav2001c Well, that certainly gives a bigger picture to another site bug related issue. As per Shazia's posting (PM) support staff, there is an upcoming site maintenance coming up July 26, 2016, so let's hope some fixes are applied to address these issues.

Yes, i have noticed this while ago. 

I am not really sure the reason behind this, but i guess since there arent that many users, they may be need to keep someone always online or hes the one to handle community server/services....idk lol

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Or if you removed the tinfoil hat it is more likely a website bug

Even from your own screenshots, it shows him both as being online & as having his last visit a week ago

Since he only has 29 minutes online we know these facts can not be reconciled

As for always online users, check out domenicocortez

Over 250 consecutive hours online without a log out (more than 10 days online)

Need Help? Let's chat.