cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable/Uninstall Apps?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible to uninstall or disable the following apps and not adversely affect your/my phone? Samsung galaxy A3 2017 dual sim........

1. Samsung pay
  2. Samsung Pay Framework
  3. Google Play Music
  4. Hangouts
  5. Samsung Checkout
  6. Samsung Experience Home
  7. Powerpoint
  8. Linkedln

#1 on the list is the most annoying......

These apps are taking up a fair amount of my memory and are not used at all except google music which is no longer supported.

14 REPLIES 14

@darlicious wrote: 

I just pull out the appropriate credit card for the purchase at hand.

Same ... except I pull mine out of an RFID-shielded card wallet, lol.

@Anonymous 

I just pull out the appropriate credit card for the purchase at hand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : So you never signed it up? I opened it and it wanted to do some kind of sign up relating to the UAE. I never proceeded. I wonder if one were to proceed whether it would work worldwide. But if you don't use it at all then it's kinda moot. I use Google Pay. Fewer taps/gestures...although I had to fiddle with Tasker to match the auto-NFC like Samsung Pay.

Koho is compatible with both.

@Korth 

Only if i sell it to a resident of the UAE its quite useless anywhere other than that region of the world.

@darlicious 

You can disable, uninstall, unlock, remove, or replace any app(s) you like if you root the device.

The big downside is that some apps and services get broken - and it turns out most of them are things you've listed as stuff you don't use and don't want.

Beware that forever-broken Samsung Pay might reduce the resale value of your phone. Some people consider this feature important.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too. It's disabled of course. But it's crappy that we can't fully remove it.

No I'm not rooting.

@Anonymous 

Stupid installed apps take up all my storage. I cant even get rid of facebook!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

To quote will13am: "Resistance is somewhat futile." You _will_ be assimilated. 🙂

@Anonymous 

I cant uninstall any of these apps only force close them. They all came preinstalled. I was only able to disable hangouts, samsung check out and samsung health. I have all background data turned off except the OS ( you cant) and the core apps. But 3 had turned the background app usage back on?!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a setting for swipe up.

So you can't uninstall it? Can you turn off its data usage?

Thank you everyone....i didnt want to try this and screw something up!  Samsung pay which i cannot use anyways like @Anonymous  unless if course we visit the UAE ( tourists all recieve a free sim card with call, text and 20gb of data upon arrival) consistently pops up when i swipe up or accidently touch the screen. It ends up nibbling away at my data....its almost as annoying as shaw free (not for me) wifi popping up when im out and about?!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

System apps cannot be uninstalled.  Some can be disabled if they are not an integral part of the OS.  Either way, it does not free up user storage.  System apps are placed in the system partition which is a separate partition.  Just relax and enjoy the Samsung experience.  Resistance is somewhat futile.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

For my UAE Samsung A31:
1. It didn't come pre-installed so I installed it. When it wanted to register as being in UAE I was able to uninstall it.
2. Not able to uninstall or disable
5. Can be disabled - maybe I should 🙂
I don't have the rest.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  Go into each app and you'll be given either uninstall or disable. Uninstall / disable depends if it's an app that came with the phone. If it came with the phone then it likely will just have disable.

The ones you listed you can disable them all and it will not affect your phone.

If I had to guess you may have an uninstall option for Hangouts, PowerPoint & LinkedIn. The rest disable. I am only guessing though. Linkedin may have came with the phone like mine has Amazon that I can only disable and not uninstall since it canme with the phone. If I root my phone I could remove it but I don't want to root.

Anywho, you can disable your 8 listed or uninstall ( if some have that option) and it won't affect your phone. 

If disabled you can also remove the app icon if you don't want to see the icon.

Need Help? Let's chat.