cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curiosity got me to looking at the other 3rd tiers

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So far I've noticed, public seems to be the first to offer 5g

Chatr and lucky both offer lower cost lower data bucket 4g plans (as well as 3g openly in market)

Lucky offers 2gb add on for $15 vs 1gb here - but unclear if it rolls over. The more info says that minutes and data do not roll over, but unclear if they mean main plan data or the add on

Chatr has something called "data plus" which is an extra 2gb, but it says it expires on your "anniversary date". I don't know if that means a year, or your following 30 day bill?

Certainly wild that they're not exactly the same right now, they usually are

also of note, koodo not offering 5g prepaid (for those whose devices are new enough to care lol)

just thought I'd share my observations! 

6 REPLIES 6

PDuncan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree, it feels like the company genuinely wants to keep people on board and seeing the straight forward rewards achieves that

jordany
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think the plans come and go, but I really liked the incentive of loyalty rewards from pm. It intrinsically feels better than service providers forcing their hand by doing retention offers, etc. Annoying to have to call to let them know that you're leaving and doing the phone call dance with multiple people. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

Both Lucky and Chatr offer a higher RAF of $50 ($5/month) while PM is $10.

Chatr's older plan (formerly Mobilicity mobile plans) rollover unused minutes and data but not the new $15 plan.

Advantage of PM $15 plan are that you can collect every 15 points and redeem for a $15 credit and offers 1, 2, 5, 10 or 15 points/$ (old Rewards system) (20 points/$ for Oracle status) when you participate on the Community. Plus 5G plans.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the other flanker brand's offerings remain stale and not really enticing at this point, I've kept my eye on them for years, they do remain cheaper but there always is some gotcha with what they offer, charges for voicemail access at chatr, etc.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 , Lucky Mobile has free eSIM, ( no VoLTE, no Wi-Fi Calling, no 5G) add-ons do not rollover but $25 3G Speed Plans & up 

PLAN INCLUDES:

• Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging once you have exceeded your allotted 3G / 4G data.
Automatic Top-Up bonus data every month.

Refer-A-Friend to Lucky Mobile and you can each get a $50 Credit ($5/mo for 10 months).

Flash Sale Sign up & get 1 month free.

Edit: It depends on one’s needs/wants! Lucky Mobile $30 4G speed plan 1gb data or $40 4G 4.5 gb vs PM $39 4G 20gb data!

urnapple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes Lucky and Chatr have cheaper entry to 4G plans and better data add-ons, but overall Public's plans are so much better value.

Need Help? Let's chat.