cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Mexico

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Community. We'll be in Mexico for one week and wondering if anyone has experience with Mexicosimcard.ca? Their basic $29.95 plan with 2gb more than meets our needs. 
Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

you are VIP person,
the rules is subject to change without notice,

enjoy your service....

@J_PM 

I don't understand why this stuff gets moved to the lounge. Pm does not offer roaming outside of the US so WHY is not worthy of the main forum? So whenever a customer asks for advice for services when in the rest of the world they are expected to look for it in the lounge? SO--STUPID!!

@Anonymous 

That's not aimed at you!😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi 

no need to purchase a SIM card, any tourist resorts has a wifi free,

i suggest you to use a app Textme or Talkatone, and you will getting new canadian number for Free from that app,

• Unlimited Call \ SMS \ MMS a Free USA/Canada.

Here link for app Talkatone.

Here link for app Text Me.

enjoy your trip....

@Koombassi wrote:

@hairbag1 

From what I can see, Telcel is the provider for Mexicosicard.ca. And their starting plan shows at $29.95. I'll check more closely. Thanks @hairbag1   

They both seem to be "about" the same. Yours has advantage of able to be usable right away....even whilst in Canada. With mine, you have to go to retail outlet once you get there.

@Koombassi wrote:

@hairbag1 

From what I can see, Telcel is the provider for Mexicosicard.ca. And their starting plan shows at $29.95. I'll check more closely. Thanks @hairbag1   

Ours was the 30 day for 200 peso plan....

https://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/amigo/tarifas-y-opciones-end/amigo-sin-limite

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Koombassi wrote:

Hello Community. We'll be in Mexico for one week and wondering if anyone has experience with Mexicosimcard.ca? Their basic $29.95 plan with 2gb more than meets our needs. 
Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

Telcel has a plan for under $20 for 30days of talk to US, Canada and Mexico.We got ours (pre-covid) at OXXO.

edit...also, you can downlod free voip app like TextNow. You can call and text most any Canada and US number for free using wifi. There's wifi in most resorts, hotels and cafes in MX...you might have to ask for their password.

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hairbag1 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi wrote:

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

Telcel has a plan for under $20 for 30days of talk to US, Canada and Mexico.We got ours (pre-covid) at OXXO.

Need Help? Let's chat.