cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community State

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456 , I think your statement goes towards everyone that participates in the community.  Everyone that is getting community reward has basically been a representative for PM at some time.  We are all the face of Public Mobile as we are the ones in here trying to help out the customers day after day.  

Although I agree with you to some extent people can still post a minimal amount and earn a reward.

Regardless of who is earning what, in any work environment, it starts from the top and trickles down. Lead by example they say! If the top does "potshots" it insinuates that the lower levels can do the same. 

I will still say you guys are the face of Public Mobile.

Anyone doing research when deciding to join the service will come across "The Oracle Program and Team". They can read about the Oracle team and a bit about each and everyone of you. 

Since PM has no phone support and are directed to the forums that is a con 1 for some potential clients. While they do their research in the forums and come across posts from the "Top" that are rude snide remarks that belittle other members that is con 2. 

I guess now add (as you said members that earn rewards) to the mix giving "potshots" back to the "top" is con 3. 

Now that potential client is out the doing signing up with lucky mobile.

👊

Thread was split from Original

54 REPLIES 54

I was going to make a long post but no need.

We can leave this simple: because no sense in wasting everyone's time over a *darn* test.ic.le joke that related to  the Covid19 humor joke thread as it was about that. ( I can post it again if you like? 🤣 Or ask @darlicious she apparently remembered it lol.

So simple.

Before anyone of this all this started, before any threads were transfered, before any posts were editted to stay safe..

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS:

• 3 Oracles (will, geek and shawn) seen the test.ic.le joke for 3 days.
  • One moderator seen the joke and notified me.
  • ALL 4 OF YOU DID NOT TAKE ANY ACTION IN TERMS OF EDITING THE POST, DELETING THE POST.
  • ONLY ONE ORACLE was nice enough to private message me Friday. That was Shawn C ( sorry Shawn posting the message below) 
  • And to make it clear when I logged in Friday I had two messages Shawn and moderator.

Screenshot_20200407_011522.jpg

So from Tuesday to Friday what happened? Was it just to cold out for the testies to get complaints? 😂

Content removed by ShawnC13: as there were illegal activities referenced

EDIT: Content re-added screenshot minus the portion that  @ShawnC13  referenced  that portion has been removed. (Above in blue) 

So 4 of you had the opportunity to just edit the darn post. I think they had blue balls(the joke I'm taking about relax) anyways hahah. I don't need you all blaming me for this when that fact the matter still is the snide /belittling posts from one of the people in your click.

Yet I've spoken to a few in private. And it seems like they just brush it off to basically saying he is who is is like it or lump it. 

But clearly I just get ganged up on  for speaking up since nothing has changed considering very first response to this thread by @darlicious . Is rude , belittling and being a smart a$$.

I expect cupcake will chime in soon with another snide rewark.

@Jb456 Yes I am talking about these posts that were 1200 AM Saturday morning.

@Jb456  this is what happened before I messaged you

ShawnC13_0-1586230349769.png

ShawnC13_1-1586230465709.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CannonFodder wrote:

Ok, maybe will13am DIDN'T split it up(TBH, at the time, I suspected another), but he certainly got his "panties in a bunch" about it, enough to get kind of pissy over it, and seemed then, and apparently STILL seems, to think it was ok to accuse/insinuate that I was somehow "gaming the community forum", which has left a rather bitter taste for this place, in spite of the numerous cool folks that hang out here(including some Oracles).

I'm the person who sepearated the threads, and some members already knew that. I have no issue with others disagreeing with me. It was my decision that the thread had gone off-topic (lounge or not) compared to what the thread was originally about and to make a separate thread. As for all the other stuff, I have no desire to get into the personal disputes of others.

@Jb456  all I was doing was adding to the timeline with information that was left out.  I don't think I am a day late in adding in timely information.  You had been going on about an Oracle abusing his powers in his thread when it wasn't even him that separated them.  You then even stated that "oh ya, like to transfer stuff, ill give you tons to transfer to the lounge, not lounge to lounge" So you were doing something to get back at someone that didn't even make the move and took away information from the whole community.

As well, I sent you a PRIVATE message and you post it publicly?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous all good and as recently pointed out that the accusations made against an Oracle for abusing his power in his own thread were that it wasn't even him who split the thread

Ok, maybe will13am DIDN'T split it up(TBH, at the time, I suspected another), but he certainly got his "panties in a bunch" about it, enough to get kind of pissy over it, and seemed then, and apparently STILL seems, to think it was ok to accuse/insinuate that I was somehow "gaming the community forum", which has left a rather bitter taste for this place, in spite of the numerous cool folks that hang out here(including some Oracles).

@ShawnC13  sorry on my phone now so can't quote.

What you mentioned about me asking where one of my posts is way past the time frame of how all this started...yup lots have been transferred out..but the first ones from William opening thread to Friday..still stand the same..

I guess now. We should have to screen shot everything?? For proof? lol.. I'll keep that in mind in future.

But for now I'll use my memory and sum this ish up...let's keep it going till tomorrow please so we can see Public Mobile forums had internal issues between members and Oracle's for an a solid week over a  joke in LOUNGER that had the work test..ic..Les..🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20200406_220120.jpg

• william starts thread with YouTube link
  • ComputerGeek posts YouTube link
  • Jb456 posts YouTube link
  • JB456 posts test..ic..le joke
  • JB456 posts Canadian money joke
  • Computer geek replies to money joke.
  • WHATS MISSING HERE AT SOME POINT IM THAT TIMELINE IS SOMEONE POSTED A COMMENT LIKE BYPASSING THE SYSTEM TO GET THE TEST..IC..LE JOKE IN ...I THINK IT WAS @CannonFodder because I replied to something Friday after getting the message from Mods and added them to the reply. I presume it is Cannon based on this message regarding the A word in posted.Screenshot_20200406_222233.jpg

• Friday I get message from mods.
  • Friday I change  joke to a picture.
  • Then I go to someone's post and they used bad word that starts with A
  • Then I screenshot it and post it in humour thread. Saying maybe their is a system problem because that got through..
  • I then send it to moderatorsScreenshot_20200406_222037.jpg

• Then a few people start talking about the terms and conditions of the site.

Most of those terms and condition talk and there rest can be found on this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Re-Covid-19-humor/m-p/521199#M5086

But it gets somewhat weird (maybe due to all these merges in 3 threads) but if memory serves me correct when it wen into Saturday morning.. william was first to post and the link above shows computer geek...bht there is all replies mixes up and I am sure it's from all them merges.

Anyways how it went early Saturday was..

Williams post

Screenshot_20200406_223116.jpg

• i replied within a few minutes. Joking saying well we are already in the lounge so where are you going to send us now?? @darlicious @CannonFodder  

which I ended up editing my post to stay safe that got moved out of original humor thread to my 10 page thread of stays safes..and other thread from other people went into the number 2 thread that I posted above. Starting with cannon reply from my tag.Screenshot_20200406_224040.jpg

• NOW REMEMBER THIS IS ALL TALKING PLACE ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD BEFORE EVERYTHING GOT TRANSFERRED.
  • the JB456 makes a post saying something like ok guys let's get this topic back on track and posted a video of a dog looking back and forth when I guy is coughing.
  • then all of a sudden that's when all these transfers started taking place .
  • THEN WHAT YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT SHAWN IS WHAT TOOK PLACE. So you're a day late. I questioned why my post for transferred out!! And that is when ComputerGeek replied saying sorry due to how things are merged he types the wrong numbers.
  • Then I made a long ranting post that this ain't fair..that all of it pertained to said post...don't blame me for jacking threads, stop being keyboard warriors and blame the baby la la that complained about my test.ic.le joke.  

THEN YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGED ME. REMEMBER?? TELLING ME TO TAKE IT EASY IT WONT BE GOOD IN THE FUTURE??Screenshot_20200406_225144.jpg

 around same time computer geek posted this. Screenshot_20200406_225255.jpg

•  then I responded to computer geek that I do have one more question. That I tried looking on forums but cant find answer..my question is..how do I close my community forum account NOT SELF serve Account. And when communit account is deleted..are all my posts deleted as well or do I have to edit my stuff??
  • Then I got replied from yourself and ComputerGeek. Edit one by one from one of yous..this is all on humour thread 3.Screenshot_20200406_230017.jpg

• AND AFTER BOTH YOUR REPLIES IS WHEN I STARTED TO EDIT MY POSTS TO STAY SAFE.

is the time frame starting to sound right now??

• now Sunday things are calm again in the PM world

UNTIL ORACLE William comes out and posts thisScreenshot_20200406_230320.jpg

•  that is responding to @CannonFodder  two requests for an answer on "game the system" from William from his very first original post on high jacked thread and gaming the system....
  • So with that timeline someone is trying to backtrack. Which in turn kind of makes it seem that they maybe have did the first transferring of posts then ComputerGeek as they were both online during that time who knows on that part I've already edited and apologized for that part. But it is suspicious.

So is that time frame about summed up now Shawn?

Oh I gues we'll throw in the nice message I sent private to said Oracle way before all this took place when his personal information was showing from one of his posts. he can't even say thank you!

Screenshot_20200406_231233.jpg

 and well of course it's the keyboard warrior.. can't get a thank-you out of him.🤣🤣

Screenshot_20200406_231400.jpg

but wait for it..not just one reply but two replies...👌

Screenshot_20200406_231524.jpg

Let me know if I missed anything @ShawnC13  and don't forget this is all over a joke post in the lounge 😂

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder  I do have a photographic memory actually lol. But in this case saved.

My post was up from Tuesday till I changed it on Friday to a picture here is the time line in that thread.

[snip] 

Is that what you needed @CannonFodder ??

Oh, I didn't need anything out of that..... I was simply surprised and how you remembered all that, in that kind of timeline! 😮

@Anonymous all good and as recently pointed out that the accusations made against an Oracle for abusing his power in his own thread were that it wasn't even him who split the thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Even in the lounge if a thread goes off-topic it can be split to create two topics.  

And I just don't think it's worth doing anything with anything in The Lounge. It's the free-for-all dumping ground. All the usual forum decency notwithstanding of course.

But nobody asked me 🙂

At the OP's request, I would

By request is a whole 'nother ball o' wax. I think much of the consternation about all this is things appearing to be done unilaterally by any individual Oracle/Mod.

I really shouldn't be jumping in. I was just being flip.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Even in the lounge if a thread goes off-topic it can be split to create two topics.  

And I just don't think it's worth doing anything with anything in The Lounge. It's the free-for-all dumping ground. All the usual forum decency notwithstanding of course.

But nobody asked me 🙂

At the OP's request, I would

@Jb456 wrote:

Here is that timeline..cause the stay safe threads are still there In order..not transferred out..go figure..

Screenshot_20200406_210958.jpg

They are still in there because when moving the posts you edited we yes we there were more than one we were going from your profile page and posts in the lounge don't show in the recent post section.  Some are still in the main forum because they were Topic Starters and it would move the whole thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

But nobody asked me 🙂

@Jb456  the timeline is missing a few things.  You had asked where one of your posts went and @computergeek541  explained that when he was moving the posts he entered the wrong thread number to merge it to and it ended up in the main forum.  He found that and moved it back that is when you called it fishy that it happened.  So there was mention when the thread was split who had done it right from the start.

@CannonFodder  I do have a photographic memory actually lol. But in this case saved.

My post was up from Tuesday till I changed it on Friday to a picture here is the time line in that thread.

• Will13am started humor thread
  • Computer geek added a YouTube link
  • I added a YouTube link saying this is my favorite song so far
  • Next post was the *test..ic...le...joke..that I replaced with a picture on Friday...now it says stay safe..
  • Next post I posted a picture of washing Canadian money .
  • Computer geek responded to that post.
  • My next one would have been "received a message from Mods I edited joke and replaced with pic.

Here is that timeline..cause the stay safe threads are still there In order..not transferred out..go figure..

Screenshot_20200406_210958.jpg

Then Friday I receive this message from Moderators..

Screenshot_20200406_211120.jpg

So now from Tuesday to Friday..two Oracle's have clearly seen the joke..as well as the moderators.

YET STILL IN TACK AND NOTHING DELETED, EDITED OR TRANSFERED OUT!!!

So being nice not to get anyone's panties in a bunch I edited the joke out and replaced it with a picture.(pic of girl mad says you said you had coronavirus and a cat laughing with a Corona beer says no I said I have a case of corona.

I then proceeded to let the moderator know that I have edited the joke out..

And in their response...they even joke about stay safe!.🤣

Screenshot_20200406_211155.jpg

Is that what you needed @CannonFodder ??

@Jb456 wrote:

IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING THIS. 

• Post was up for a few days
  • Oracles did not contact me to say anything

[snip]

Wow, that's pretty impressive - did you save this for posterity, or is your memory simply that good!? 😮

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 

Language police alert 🙂

If you google images of fist pump you'll get the success/win/score/I did it type stuff. If you google images of fist bump you'll get the less germ transfer gesture. Maybe you might be mixing these up.

I think it's elbow bump now though...if not even ankle bump. Or just stay the heck away from each other and nod knowingly 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

The PM Community should be like any other small Community that looks after each other, promotes growth, education and guidance to succeed.I am hoping for a lot of us in the Community, that PM is watching some of the questionable Oracles (and Oracles/Mayors that are following and supporting a bad influence) in what they say, what they move, edit, hide and what they delete (if they can). We are all looking to be here as part of the same team. A team that watches out for one and another, promotes education of the product and all become ambassadors to support and endorse PM’s products.

@LurganIeUk  Yup I did edit a bunch of my posts / solutions to "stay safe" Ill own up to it unlike some that can't own up to their actions. 

I stand by the reasoning still. NO REASON one with Oracle privileges should use their power for their own agenda in the LOUNGE no less. When the discussion actually pertained to that very thread/topic. I am confident the posts transferred out of said thread would have been left UNTOUCHED had it been in any other thread in the lounge not started by said Oracle. Then more backtrack from said Oracle regarding his reply to the original post "game the system" towards @CannonFodder when in fact said post by Oracle was the CAUSE that started me to edit my posts to stay safe. 

Was like "oh ya, like to transfer stuff, ill give you tons to transfer to the lounge, not lounge to lounge"

Anyways I am over it. Like I said on my posts here, all this ish between members / oracles are not hurting us but potential new clients. It starts from the top tho and the snide rude belittling posts need to stop. Covid19 is on us and there are many free online classes. Even from Harvard. I am sure they're  a few to brush up on customer service skills........

CAN WE ALL FIST PUMP NOW?? 👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊

CORRECTED EDITS VERSION OF ABOVE. 

@LurganIeUk  Yup I did edit a bunch of my posts / solutions to "stay safe" Ill own up to it unlike some that can't own up to their actions. 

I stand by the reasoning still. NO REASON one with Oracle privileges should use their power for their own agenda in the LOUNGE no less. When the discussion actually pertained to that very thread/topic. I am confident the posts transferred out of said thread would have been left UNTOUCHED had it been in any other thread in the lounge not started by said Oracle. Then more backtrack from said Oracle regarding his reply to the original post "game the system" towards @CannonFodder when in fact said post by Oracle was the CAUSE that started me to edit my posts to stay safe. 

EDIT- Received a PM by someone saying said Oracle was not the one that did the transfer. So Apologies. At the moment when this was all taking place the other night it was very convincing it was. Sorry again. 

I will still stand with NOTHING SHOULD BE TRANSFERRED FROM A LOUNGE TOPIC IF IT PERTAINS TO SAID TOPIC.  

All this nonsense started with a joke that said the word "test.ic.les" 🤣😂that the filter did not bleep out. 

IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING THIS. 

• Post was up for a few days
  • Oracles did not contact me to say anything
  • Oracles did not edit the post
  • Moderators contacted and said refrain for future
  • Moderators did not delete or edit post
  • I was the one the went in and swapped it for a picture joke
  • then another thread was posted by someone else about an issue with their account. They wrote a bad word that starts with an A
  • I took a screenshot and posted it into the humor thread to say hey look there might be a problem with PM filter system
  • I also notified the moderator that contacted me about my post in the joke thread
  • Then others started talking about terms and condition's
  • Oracle that made thread replied that we are high jacking his thread , going off topic and it is not intended for this and something about gaming the system. 
  • I responded since it is in the lounge. "Well in other sections when when we go off topic. You shoot us in the lounge. Where will you put us now? joking around to get a laugh and added @CannonFodder @darlicious 
  • @CannonFodder Asked what he meant by "game the system"
  • No response from said Oracle and within a few minutes all our "off topic" posts were transferred out of the thread.
  • So thats how I presumed he was the one using his oracle powers. SORRY AGAIN
  • then i started editing my posts to stay safe
  • 30ish hours later and two more posts from @CannonFodder asking Oracle what he meant by "gaming the system. He got a reply. Saying the bravos on the stay safe posts.
  • So that to me is trying to backtrack and cover first original post from said Oracle
  • I will leave it at "things that make you go hmmmmmm"🤔

again lounge should be untouched. Just like there are no notifications or bravo counts. Considering Tiane thread one what PM should do during this covid time (contests, games, etc) that lounger should be the least of anyone's worries especially Oracles. (unless really bad and required) Maybe we can have a new section for members only excluding oracles to shoot the ish??

Was like "oh ya, like to transfer stuff, ill give you tons to transfer to the lounge, not lounge to lounge"

Anyways I am over it. Like I said on my posts here, all this ish between members / oracles are not hurting us but potential new clients. It starts from the top tho and the snide rude belittling posts need to stop. Covid19 is on us and there are many free online classes. Even from Harvard. I am sure they're  a few to brush up on customer service skills........

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

we all do our best

I agree, "we all (try) do our best" and in context of what is happening in our "real" communities, all the stuff going on here is really insignificant and we need to remember that there's more important things going on right now in the "real world" that has changed our lives (globally) and probably for much longer time than we'd like to think. 

So let's all just a take deep breath, step back and try to "stay safe". 

@Jb456 wrote:

I stand by the reasoning still. NO REASON one with Oracle privileges should use their power for their own agenda in the LOUNGE no less. When the discussion actually pertained to that very thread/topic. I am confident the posts transferred out of said thread would have been left UNTOUCHED had it been in any other thread in the lounge not started by said Oracle.

I'll 2nd the confidence on THAT one..... think about it..... had @darlicious  started a thread about.... oh... say, hair curling irons, and a few posts later, someone mentioned some pro hockey player that uses one, and that thread got sidetracked to be all about hockey, would will13am have come along, and transferred out all the posts about hockey? I think not.....

Then more backtrack from said Oracle regarding his reply to the original post "game the system" towards @CannonFodder when in fact said post by Oracle was the CAUSE that started me to edit my posts to stay safe. 

Well, I'll admit, that backhanded accusation of "gaming the community forum" is something that particularly sticks in my craw, ESPECIALLY when the only peep out of said Oracle, on the subject, has been that extremely weak backtracking attempt to justify the comment!

Sorry Jb, not feelin' it(except with you and a few others.... some Oracles included.... you know who you are)..... besides, it's kinda hard to fist pump from 2 meters away! 😉

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The PM Community should be like any other small Community that looks after each other, promotes growth, education and guidance to succeed.I am hoping for a lot of us in the Community, that PM is watching some of the questionable Oracles (and Oracles/Mayors that are following and supporting a bad influence) in what they say, what they move, edit, hide and what they delete (if they can). We are all looking to be here as part of the same team. A team that watches out for one and another, promotes education of the product and all become ambassadors to support and endorse PM’s products.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Some of the holier than thou condescending attitudes might disappear if the bravos, badges and community rewards were removed all together from the community. The community was built to be competitive and has been allowed to be combative.  So it is what it is. Either the structure should be changed or post 4 should be worked on.

@LurganIeUk I disagree that the community was built to be competitive.  Yes, there are different levels and when I joined in 2016 I did not see any of what is going on now people found where they fit with the level they could contribute.  There was the gaming of the system and those people were caught and dealt with quickly.  What is happening here now is not what this community was built for and has changed drastically in regards to a community feel from what it was.

I hear you. But I have only been here for a few months. What it was in the past appears to be in the past. Times have changed since 2016 and times are really tough for a lot of us right now. Thus the attitudes. But your comment that this site was not built to be competitive is was not well thought out on your behalf. My comments are based on what I see here today not 2016. 

Why was my comment not well thought out? Your statement said the community was built to be competitive so that would need history to know what it has been like for a long time.  Basing your statement on 1 month since you registered is not a very large data sample to make a statement like that

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Some of the holier than thou condescending attitudes might disappear if the bravos, badges and community rewards were removed all together from the community. The community was built to be competitive and has been allowed to be combative.  So it is what it is. Either the structure should be changed or post 4 should be worked on.

@LurganIeUk I disagree that the community was built to be competitive.  Yes, there are different levels and when I joined in 2016 I did not see any of what is going on now people found where they fit with the level they could contribute.  There was the gaming of the system and those people were caught and dealt with quickly.  What is happening here now is not what this community was built for and has changed drastically in regards to a community feel from what it was.

I hear you. But I have only been here for a few months. What it was in the past appears to be in the past. Times have changed since 2016 and times are really tough for a lot of us right now. Thus the attitudes. But your comment that this site was not built to be competitive is was not well thought out on your behalf. My comments are based on what I see here today not 2016. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no under illusion that the following will stop anything but...

I think everyone needs some self-awareness of how they're feeling with what all is going on around us.

I see the same rising tensions in other forums I read and participate in.

There will always be differences of opinions. I think a lot of "community" happens here. All the asides and off-topic wanderings etc are evidence of that.

So imbibe in your preferred intoxicant and add a chill pill to it. Just let $h1t slide. It doesn't matter.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.