cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing week promo plans

aakk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why boxing week promo plans are not available for existing customers?

$34 50gb $24 4gb are not available to switch

13 REPLIES 13

hermi1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no downgrade

spunz8

From another post I responded to..,,

Good luck!!

I just went through 3 customer service agents that said no.  This is even as I have 5 accounts here!  They value new customers more than they do loyal customers. NICE!!!  What marketing person thought up this gem!!  Piss off your current loyal customer to maybe get a new customer.  Marketing 101 is keep your base.  I guess they missed that course!!.

This should not only be shocking to existing customers but new customers beware as once here they’re not interested in keeping you!

Now got to figure out how to port out 5 numbers which I’m reading it’s a nightmare!! 

Thinking I’m gonna have to get the CRTC involved so I don’t have any glitches.

Sleven

Freedom seems pretty good, but it appears their plan pricing includes the $5 off with auto pay. Public Mobile with Auto Pay + Loyalty comes after, makes it pretty cheap.
I'm hoping they can do something for us existing customers that have been with them over 5 years.
I'm currently seeing if they will update my plan, but no response. I imagine they are getting bombarded right now.

Snazee

Although it sucks for the consumer, this is pretty normal business practice, especially to subscription type services.

@d_ wrote:

I'm also contemplating switching to Freedom. I just need to know how to end my subscription with Public. 

HI @d_  Freedom does not have similar $24 plan like PM

but if you want to go with Freedom, login My Account and get the account number first

Then activate Freedom and give them the PM account number and ask for porting

After your PM number is ported successfully to Freedom, your PM account will be closed (but there won't be partial refunds from PM)

d_

I'm also contemplating switching to Freedom. I just need to know how to end my subscription with Public. 

aakk

Unfortunately it’s for new activations only

@aakk wrote:

I am comparing with cyber week when the same deals were available for the existing customers as well as the new ones, so if someone tells me that this is a business decision to exclude loyal customers from benefits that available for the new customers, this sounds like lack of integrity and double standards.

@aakk 

Best deals are left for new activations instead of existing subscribers, it is pretty much an industry standard practice with mobile and home internet.

Yup, it was a business decision made by Telus/Public Mobile, not CFA  (Canadian Federation of Agriculture)

aakk

Oh, really, I thought it was united farmers association decision 

aakk

I am comparing with cyber week when the same deals were available for the existing customers as well as the new ones, so if someone tells me that this is a business decision to exclude loyal customers from benefits that available for the new customers, this sounds like lack of integrity and double standards.

Nadiaz

I see it at the top of my community page "Get the third month FREE when you subscribe to a 4GB plan for only $24/month. Limited time offer.**". Not sure it is shown for everyone but you can take a look when you log in. 

MarkusB

Common amongst carriers.   Once they have you on the hook...   But check out the (Boxing day?) plans at Freedom Mobility.    Those deals will blow your mind.   It is going to be worth the hassle to switch for me.

@aakk wrote:

Why boxing week promo plans are not available for existing customers?

$34 50gb $24 4gb are not available to switch

This is a business decision by the carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.