cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad actors - Telus should investigate

WrinkledCheese
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screenshot_20230408-223356.png

 hey Telus, wanna check out with AmandaNP when the bad actor got your network partially banned from editing Wikipedia?  With IP allocation information and when the bad actor activity times, should be fairly easy to audit and allow your customers full Internet access via your networks.  The fact they blocked a full class C address ( 24 bit block ) should be a significant indicator that something's amiss on your network targeting the world most advanced, free, public, encyclopedia on the internet.  As a show of goodwill, send em a few bucks for their troubles of abuse using your network - they're donation funded.

3 REPLIES 3

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@WrinkledCheese 

Are you using mobile data? If so toggle airplane mode on/off and you will get a new IP address. Problem solved unless you are unlucky enough to pick up the same one. If so just keep airplane mode enabled for half an hour to ensure you get a new one.

Unfortunately, Public Mobile had no control of how Wikipedia chooses to enforce rules of the Wikipedia website.  Ironically, Public Mobile's Community website often blocks some Telus IP addresses.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WrinkledCheese 

To get your voice heard, I think you need to open ticket with PM support

to really get Telus to look into the issue, I think you also need to post in Telus Neighbourhood

But honest, if it is just Wikipedia, I am not sure if Telus would take much action , but why not, try both way

Need Help? Let's chat.