cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing data

kk74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have put over 200 $ in data on my phone in two weeks time.. I just added(topped up) my account with fifty dollars yesterday morning and by last night I have no data, yet it says I have only burned through 366 mb out of 5 GB which is my limit.  all background data is off. only thing it says is excludes data used by operator networks.  what does this mean.  I am at my Witts end as to where my data and money is going.. PC mobile is my carrier service and they are no help whatsoever. I am on a fixed income and can't afford this. please help..

4 REPLIES 4

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@kk74 

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone? We can help with some data saving tips. Of you wish to port to public mobile you won't get crazy data charges, overages, extra billing or fees.The plans start at $15 but the most popular at the moment is the $40/15gb plan. You can change your plan every 30 days if you want to suit your needs.

Depending which province you live in you may qualify for telus's internet and/or mobility for good program (if you are on disability or recieve the GIS/OAS). This allows those who qualify $9.95 or $19.95/month unlimited internet and $15/unlimited texts/calls or with 3gb of mobile data $25/month. Roger's also offers a similar program.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kk74  Post paid plans are like that; when you exceed a plan allowance service continues and charges mount up.

Prepaid carriers, like Public Mobile, charge a set fee for 30 days, or a month, BUT there are never any additional charges. Instead, data just stops working.5

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@kk74 wrote:

I have put over 200 $ in data on my phone in two weeks time.. I just added(topped up) my account with fifty dollars yesterday morning and by last night I have no data, yet it says I have only burned through 366 mb out of 5 GB which is my limit.  all background data is off. only thing it says is excludes data used by operator networks.  what does this mean.  I am at my Witts end as to where my data and money is going.. PC mobile is my carrier service and they are no help whatsoever. I am on a fixed income and can't afford this. please help..

Public Mobile wouldn't be able to assist with PC Mobile billing issues.  They are different brands owned by different companies.  Please contact PC Mobile support for assistance.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kk74   honest PM's data usage is mostly accurate. You really need to check from your device

Are you on Android, there is a Data usage page.  You can play around by changing the date (Start billing cycle on date)  and you can see which app used the data and how much each app use

E-MobileData.png

if you are on iPhone, unfoturately you cannot trace back the usage before.  however, you can reset the statistics today and then start tracking from today

E-iPhone_Data.png

Need Help? Let's chat.