cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250 mb of data on 3g

Djh444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my plan comes with 250 MB’s on 3G network, I am curious if I use LTE network in lace of 3G if I  will accrue any charges?

8 REPLIES 8

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My experience in NL is that the 3g HSPA network is largely unusable.. The latency is brutal 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Djh444   the exact wordings for your plan is "Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network."

We are all allowed to use the LTE network at 3Mbps speed  ..

Usually there is no need to change to 3G for the data.  While using 3G can get a speed around 12Mpbs, faster, but it has higher latency as well.   

for most regular usage, 3Mpbs on the LTE network is better.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Djh444 

Pm uses the 4G LTE network with its data speed throttled to 3mbps. If you choose the 3G network you can get data speed up to 20mbps+ depending on network traffic but more typically you will get data speed around 10 to 12mbps.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no extra charges at PM no matter which network you use. When you use your 250MB and 100 outgoing minutes, these services will just stop and reset and resume at next renewal.

@Djh444 

For use with Public Mobile services, bear in mind that your data services are LTE/4G  'throttled down' to 3G speeds when on this particular network.

Some users have found that manually selecting 3G gives them more consistent/reliable data connection/speeds than when allowing the LTE 'throttled' connection.

Again, purely based on your location of use and perhaps device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Djh444 wrote:

my plan comes with 250 MB’s on 3G network, I am curious if I use LTE network in lace of 3G if I  will accrue any charges?

@Djh444  - you will have no extra charges here, since this is a prepaid service. You only have access to use the service that is already paid for.

And, once that service is used up, the service just stops working until your next plan renewal or until you purchase an addon to use more of that particular service (minutes or data).

Hope that helps and makes sense.

@Djh444 wrote:

which mobile network is faster, 3G or LTE?

@Djh444 

"In theory, LTE can be up to ten times faster than 3G.

In practice, the actual network speed will vary based on network load and signal strength.

Even if LTE does not meet its theoretical speed, it is still much faster than 3G".

Djh444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

which mobile network is faster, 3G or LTE?

Need Help? Let's chat.