cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1. Fraud & 2. greed

TimmyS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Has anyone else experienced 3rd party sales organizations selling for Telus, Bell or Rogers? I usually dismiss them before they get started, but in one case, a supposed Bell employee I was sure was fraud must have had an inside Bell contact. The ruse appears to be they offer a great deal on a plan with a phone they have a special sale on, & when you check with Bell’s fraud dept & several other Bell employee fronts, they won’t say its fraud, but want to take over from the 3rd party & sell a different deal. It becomes a bait and switch with Bell complicit with the original 3rd party contact. 
2. When I switch from Rogers to public, my free Apple cellular watch affiliated with the iPhone number I ported, did not get cancelled. Shortly after my port & switch, Rogers texted tgat someone would call to win me back. Of course the price difference between Public and Rogers could not be matched. The last Rogers Bill added over $200 for a month of Apple watch service which never got cancelled. I went from free for the approx 20 months I had the watch connected, to what appears to being billed for $10/month for over 20 months. 

2 REPLIES 2

TimmyS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The AppleWatch was purchased from Apple, not via a rogers contract. There was no contract on the phones either. Mobile service providers making money is not my complaint. 

I rarely sign up for a "contract” for any of my services. Roger's should know I paid for the watch initially.  It was not ree with any contract?  The free part was adding what is usually a $10 per month charge for the cellular service. I wanted to try that and my phone was capable.  Rogers willingly gave me the concession. I assume it was so i could try and at some point they would want me to pay the monthly fee. There was no hhabing to get their money back like all mobile companies would do on a contract.

So what is uneasonable is when I cancelled one of our owned phones on out 2 owned phone service, our owned watch did not get cancelled and its appears they charged $200 in that final month of that one month service. Unfortunately my bill was paid before I could get that fixed. It is still not corrected because everytime I call, their business customer service is closed.
When I do get to them this month, I will cancel the watch, and ask for a reimbursement check, since we have also now cancelled the other owned phone. But i am expecting they won’t want to send give me back the cash. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TimmyS 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

Mobile companies are business and main objective is to make money.  Each company has different business practices and models.  

As for the Roger's deal, looks like that you signed up for a "contract' for your apple Watch.  Did you have to pay for the watch initially or was it free with the two year contract?  If it was free and you close your account earlier, Roger's will want to get their money back like any other mobile company. That sounds reasonable practice since you did not pay for your watch initially. 

Need Help? Let's chat.