cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selfserve.publicmobile.ca outrageously slow and has severely broken functionality.

deweydb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1) Trying to simply just login to selfserve.publicmobile.ca today takes 1.3 minutes ++.  This is absolutely unacceptable for a website.

2) Once you've logged in, even following page navigation action takes a similar amount of time.

3) If your card expires, just forget about updating it yourself, because you can't.  Even if you delete your old card, when you try to enter your new card PM will still post your old card expiry date to your bank. (Yes i have called my bank to confirm! and I have also seen NUMEROUS other reports of this on this forum.) 

4) So what do we do in this case? we contact the moderator team? Well good luck on that one buddy, current rumors are a 4 to 5 BUSINESS day wait.

Yup, card expired & can't enter new card. business phone offline.  No possible way of restoring this for as much as 4 or 5 days?  

13 REPLIES 13

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@deweydb wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

@deweydb

Buy a voucher from recharge.com get going that way?

Seriously this solution has 3 bravos? What's the point of using a cheaper service if they only way you can pay them is using a third party service with extra fees?  This is a total joke.

@deweydb

Anyways....that wasnt a solution..it was a suggestion...which sometimes turns into a solution whether it is a temporary one or not..sorry for my "joke" of a "suggestion"

subuxk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased four payment vouchers and none of them seem to be working? I've tried entering both the pin # and the voucher # and it keeps asking me to make sure they're verified? My account is due tonight at midnight so this is kind of frustrating. Is this a common issue?

deweydb

@Carld123 wrote:

@deweydb

Seriously this solution has 3 bravos? What's the point of using a cheaper service if they only way you can pay them is using a third party service with extra fees?  This is a total joke.

deweydb

I have now attempted the above advice in all the following browsers:

• IE 8 (Windows 7)
  • IE 9 (Windows 7)
  • IE 11 (Windows 10)
  • EDGE (Windows 10)
  • Firefox (Windows 10)
  • Firefox Mac OS 10.12
  • Chrome Mac OS 10.12
  • Chrome launched with security features disabled (--disable-web-security)

There are clearly some pretty major bugs in this self serve website.  If you open console you can see all sorts of issues with denied cross origin requests, etc.  

I GIVE UP

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deweydb wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

@deweydb

Can't.  My account is now stuck in some sort of weird limbo.  I now says I don't owe anything and i'm all paid up, even though it won't accept my card.  And my phone still doesn't work, can't make or receive calls.  Brutal.

You paln features may not be provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to provision your plan featurea again.  Good luck.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@deweydb wrote:

1) Trying to simply just login to selfserve.publicmobile.ca today takes 1.3 minutes ++.  This is absolutely unacceptable for a website.

2) Once you've logged in, even following page navigation action takes a similar amount of time.

3) If your card expires, just forget about updating it yourself, because you can't.  Even if you delete your old card, when you try to enter your new card PM will still post your old card expiry date to your bank. (Yes i have called my bank to confirm! and I have also seen NUMEROUS other reports of this on this forum.) 

4) So what do we do in this case? we contact the moderator team? Well good luck on that one buddy, current rumors are a 4 to 5 BUSINESS day wait.

Yup, card expired & can't enter new card. business phone offline.  No possible way of restoring this for as much as 4 or 5 days?  

I won't lie -- the self-serve system can be glitchy. I had a problem updating my account with my new Mastercard, and in the end I had to use a Visa card, come back a few days later, and then try again with the Mastercard.  It worked that time. Inexplicable.

And moderator wait time seems long at the moment. I suspect it's due to the surge in registrations with the current promotions. This is common after every promotion, it seems.

mattpeterss

In reference to problem 3, I just updated mine today when I switched from Visa to Mastercard. It's fortunately really simple.

Click Payment tab -> Click One Time Payment -> Click Manage credit or Visa Debit card -> Voilà

Carld123

@deweydb

Go on your account page click on lost stolen tab..set it to lost/ stolen for 5 minutes or so then click found again ...worksa lot of the time

deweydb

@Carld123 wrote:

@deweydb

Try the lost/stolen for 5 minutes trick?

do-what-now-25739548.png

Carld123

@deweydb

Try the lost/stolen for 5 minutes trick?

deweydb

@Carld123 wrote:

@deweydb

Can't.  My account is now stuck in some sort of weird limbo.  I now says I don't owe anything and i'm all paid up, even though it won't accept my card.  And my phone still doesn't work, can't make or receive calls.  Brutal.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@deweydb wrote:

@deweydb

There are a lot of problems around here, a lot. There are also a lot of solutions. recharge.com payment voucher for one.

Most bravo'd topic right now below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Open-letter-to-Public-Mobile-Telus/m-p/26...

"Less for less" - but that’s why this service is such low cost. While I like love public mobile, it has not always been easy. The longest response time with public mobile I encountered was 8 days and I have had my private message from the moderator team not responded to properly, I was sent a "generic" response that did not deal with my issue. In the end everything works out, but you have to be prepared and understand this is a glitchy, bottom barrel kind of service that happens to utilize the best network in Canada.

Rest assured you WILL be taken care of and at the end of the day, its worth the wait (imo).

Carld123

@deweydb

Need Help? Let's chat.