cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to terminate my existing Public Mobile account

Murray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I find it incredibly frustrating being a user of Public Mobile. I have a lot of things I like on my account, but when things go wrong and help is needed, it is like hanging out in a lifesaver ring in the middle of the Pacific ocean. There is no help, human-to-human, close at hand. And no one seems to have the answer one needs, right now. So, like in the subject line, here is my question. How do I terminate my existing Public Mobile account? Dave Nelson Maple Ridge BC Canada
4 REPLIES 4

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry for you @Murray. Have a nice experience with another company!!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Murray

Login to you account and disable autopay and delete your credit card from your account.

The simplest way to cancel PM account is to port out your PM phone number to another carrier.

If you don't need your PM number, do nothing after disable autopay.  You account status will become suspended on your next renewal date.  90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Murray I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the service. When you send a pm to the moderator team, you are actually talking to a human. But yes, there is a delay as they are running behind. 

To cancel, all you have to do is turn off AutoPay if you have enabled, andremove your cc (not required, but safe to do so). Then when you port out your number, your account will get canceled automatically. When you port out, make sure your PM account status is active. Since its a prepaid service, you will not get anything back for cancelling. 

@Murray 

. How do I terminate my existing Public Mobile account

All you need to is stop paying. If are subscribed to automatic payments, be sure to disable that.  If within 90 days of your last day of your service last working, you change your mind, you can resume service by making a payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.