cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log on to user account. Was out of country so plan on maintenance Won’t let me access

Kathieknox
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello 

I was out of country so put my plan on one of the cheaper options and supposed to be good until February 5. Back now and reinsert f sim and have no service. 

Cannot log into account. So went for password reset but that doesn’t work either. Won’t let me go beyond entering and re-entering password. Gives odd message of run on words 

67 REPLIES 67

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Refresh the page and try again later. Webpage issues eventually clear up. If issues persist, contact moderators by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to submit a ticket.

@Kathieknox wrote:

I hope you are right. But then if they didn’t get my renewal three months ago then I am into a problem... 

Yeah, given the time frame here, it might be difficult.... obviously this is a case for the Mods, so good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Kathieknox

Sadly I do not have access to another phone 

@Kathieknox wrote:

I think I tired autopay repeatedly and couldn’t get it to work which is why i reached out to moderator last time. But in the end it appeared that I managed to set it up directly and paid by credit card until feb 5th renewal date. So I breathed a huge sigh of relief. And now there is this problem. Moderator team surely can sort out. I hope!!!

How long were you away? If you were able to use your phone within the last 90 days, then you should be able to get everything back on track.

Nvm. Looks like I see your answer. You're on 90 day plan and it's been more than 3 months.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anupam3956 wrote:

Around the red line - believe the website was slow and the box was retained. It happened with me and even when i was able to register but unable to login as the multiple passwords (which i tried at the time of red box) didnt work. 

So i reset password but the catch is - email is  received email after an hour and i was able to login with the reset link

I just tried the password reset link at the login page.  I received my password reset email from PM after 7 minutes.  

But after failed login a few times, PM will lock the account.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

Kathieknox

I hope you are right. But then if they didn’t get my renewal three months ago then I am into a problem... 

Kathieknox

I think I tired autopay repeatedly and couldn’t get it to work which is why i reached out to moderator last time. But in the end it appeared that I managed to set it up directly and paid by credit card until feb 5th renewal date. So I breathed a huge sigh of relief. And now there is this problem. Moderator team surely can sort out. I hope!!!

@CannonFodder wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Kathieknox 

Call your PM number from another phone.

What is the message you get?

If the message is "phone number not assigned", your account was canceled.

If someone else answers your call, your account was canceled and your number was assigned to someone already.

I was under the impression(could've sworn I'd read this somewhere before) that a phone number that's been given up, for whatever reason, would sit idle for, IIRC, 3 months before it became available again, to be used by someone else?

@CannonFodder   Actually, that is my understanding too, and that it is unavailable for a period of 90 days before being allowed back in the pool of available numbers.

anupam3956
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Around the red line - believe the website was slow and the box was retained. It happened with me and even when i was able to register but unable to login as the multiple passwords (which i tried at the time of red box) didnt work. 

So i reset password but the catch is - email is  received email after an hour and i was able to login with the reset link

@popping wrote:

@Kathieknox 

If someone else answers your call, your account was canceled and your number was assigned to someone already.

I was under the impression(could've sworn I'd read this somewhere before) that a phone number that's been given up, for whatever reason, would sit idle for, IIRC, 3 months before it became available again, to be used by someone else?

@Kathieknox wrote:

I have paid and kept the minimum so as to not encounter a problem,  I was paid up unti, February 5th so something has clearly gone wrong.

So, out of curiosity, did you have your account set to autopay, using a credit card, or a Visa debit card, or did you manually(either via card, or voucher) input enough funds into your account before you left? I ask, because if you had it set for autopay, via a card, you may be one of the people whose autopay has decided to develop a brain cramp(there's been several of them lately), and that likely happened while you were away.

popping

@Kathieknox 

@Kathieknox 

Btw @mimmo is correct. If you try to reset your password and you receive the following message "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled ", it means your email/account has been closed.

Best to contact Moderators for help.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

Thanks but a few questions for you please. 

How do you put in incognito mode?

To open an incognito window, start your browser and click the menu in the top right corner of the window. Click New Incognito Window and start browsing.

As per PM website: This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser.

Just to clarify a wee bit, if using FireFox, it's called "New Private Window", NOT "Incognito".

Kathieknox

I tried both ways thanks 

Kathieknox

No I didn’t see that message. 

@Kathieknox wrote:

Thanks. I tried with iPhone and iPad but both not solving 

At any time, did you see this message?

"Sorry, your attempt to login has failed. If your next attempt fails, you’ll be locked out and will need to wait for one (1) hour before trying again."

You may have already tried too many times. Just to need wait an hour for it to reset.

@Kathieknox wrote:

Are you trying to logon or the password reset?

If you still know your passowrd, you should try logging on first.

Btw please click on the Quote button when you reply. It helps to know which post you're replying to.

Kathieknox

Kathieknox

Did this but it did not solve the problem 

how would putting it in incognito mode typically help btw?

@mimmo wrote:

@Kathieknox  ncognito clearing cache i believe will not do anything.  

what exatly is the run on sentence?

are you able to get to the second part of the  password reset  where it asks you for security questions?    if yes then you accout is still in the system and can be reset.  

if you get a message like ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled then your account has been unpaid for more than 90 days and has been cancelled.   mods might be able to lookinto it but not sure.   the number might still be in the pool of unasigned numbers and you might be able to get it back.  you would need to conatct the company that provided you originally with the number.

Just fyi.  I get the same "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again." message regardless if I try to login using a random email or one in which the account was closed/cancelled.

Kathieknox

Thanks. Hopefully so. 

Kathieknox

Hi. Well that is alarming! 

Thta is the run on message I was trying to describe. 

I have paid and kept the minimum so as to not encounter a problem,  I was paid up unti, February 5th so something has clearly gone wrong. I will be very angry if somehow my number has been lost. That won’t be acceptable at all. 

I must say I have never had so many problems with a cell provider before. 

mimmo

@Kathieknox  ncognito clearing cache i believe will not do anything.  

what exatly is the run on sentence?

are you able to get to the second part of the  password reset  where it asks you for security questions?    if yes then you accout is still in the system and can be reset.  

if you get a message like ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled then your account has been unpaid for more than 90 days and has been cancelled.   mods might be able to lookinto it but not sure.   the number might still be in the pool of unasigned numbers and you might be able to get it back.  you would need to conatct the company that provided you originally with the number.

@Kathieknox wrote:

Ok thanks will do. That could take a number of days though and I will be paying for service but will have zero service on my phone. Any way to fast track a solution?

My most recent interaction a day ago was all of 1.5 hours.  So there is not much of a backlog unless the ongoing promo is causing lots of activation problems. 

@Kathieknox 

Try closing your browser completely and restart.

Or use another device / try with another browser?

How to Activate Incognito Mode in Chrome

Select the Chrome main menu button, represented by three vertically placed dots and located in the upper-right corner of the browser window. When the drop-down menu appears, choose New Incognito Window.

Incognito Chrome browser window focusing on New Incognito Window

To launch incognito mode using a keyboard shortcut, press Ctrl+Shift+N on Chrome OS, Linux, and Windows, or press Cmd+Shift+N on Mac OS X or macOS. You can also open a new incognito window with the File menu on a Macintosh.

Kathieknox

Thank very much that is good news 

Kathieknox

Thanks. I have tried the password reset several times. But I get an odd message that is like a run on sentenace in a red rectangular box. 

I paid to keep my account active and credit card charge went through

@Kathieknox wrote:

Thanks but a few questions for you please. 

How do you put in incognito mode?

To open an incognito window, start your browser and click the menu in the top right corner of the window. Click New Incognito Window and start browsing.

As per PM website: This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.