cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned from vacation, data service not working

Freak705
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently returned from a vacation in Mexico, and my data service is not working. I had my phone in airplane mode the entire time I was away. Upon returning to Toronto, when I tried to access the internet via mobile data, I was re-directed to a Public Mobile page informing me that I cannot access the wireless data network, for one of several reasons:

-Account suspended for fraudulent activity

-Phone trying to connect to US data network

-Plan is expired/unpaid for

I logged into my account, and checked my emails, but I have not received any communication from PM about my account being improperly accessed, and my plan is still enabled and set to autopay. I have tried rebooting my phone multiple times, restoring the network settings, etc. Nothing works.

Please help!

14 REPLIES 14

@Jb456 

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious He was in Mexico not USA. 

Yes i realize that as stated:   "but I haven't heard of it if you are just returning to Canada."

But you never know with public mobile if the account is affected by being out of country or the use of airplane mode for an extended time....thus my suggestion/comment.

@darlicious He was in Mexico not USA. 

@Freak705  There is a known issue of text messaging not working for 24 hours after using an US roaming add on but I haven't heard of it if you are just returning to Canada. It normally clears up after 24 hours. If you need texting now or it doesn't clear up by tomorrow contact the moderators to fix the issue. Reboot your phone and/or use airplane mode in the morning first and then test to see if it is working again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Freak705 wrote:

Both calls in and out work fine; texts are not working, so I can only use iMessage on Wifi. Nothing is listed under Data and Add-Ons however under My Plan, my voice and data are still listed (5GB at 3G)

For iPhone, you need to configure iMessage to send/receive text messages using cellular text channel in order for the Android users to send/receive your messages.

Freak705

I was on vacation for just 1 week. My account is still listed as active

Freak705

Yes, my account is listed as active

Freak705

Both calls in and out work fine; texts are not working, so I can only use iMessage on Wifi. Nothing is listed under Data and Add-Ons however under My Plan, my voice and data are still listed (5GB at 3G)

Freak705

Under my plan, 5GB at 3G is selected, however under Data & Add-Ons, nothing is listed. Is this normal?

Incoming and outgoing voice calls are working fine, however text messages are not working.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Freak705 

How long you were on vacation?

If over 90 days, your account may be canceled.

If less than 90 days, login and check your account status?

If account status is active, your account may not be provisioned correctly.  Add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

If your account is suspended, add fund to your account to pay for your plan and click the reactivate my plan link on your overview page after login to get your account going again.

@Freak705  After checking your account....and you still have data available to you. Go to your settings and make sure you have your mobile data on. That you're connected to pm. On 3G. Also check that your APN settings have not reset. Are you able to send MMS?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Freak705   You could also try powering off your phone and removing the SIM, wait 5 mins and re-insert and restart the phone.  It may/may not reset the account and services for you.  Otherwise you may need to submit a ticket to moderators here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type 'rep', select 'contact us', then 'submit ticket' and follow the rest of the prompts to finish submission.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Freak705 wrote:

I recently returned from a vacation in Mexico, and my data service is not working. I had my phone in airplane mode the entire time I was away. Upon returning to Toronto, when I tried to access the internet via mobile data, I was re-directed to a Public Mobile page informing me that I cannot access the wireless data network, for one of several reasons:

-Account suspended for fraudulent activity

-Phone trying to connect to US data network

-Plan is expired/unpaid for

I logged into my account, and checked my emails, but I have not received any communication from PM about my account being improperly accessed, and my plan is still enabled and set to autopay. I have tried rebooting my phone multiple times, restoring the network settings, etc. Nothing works.

Please help!

Does your self serve account show Active?

As @ChuckYeah  said. Currently what works and what does not?

Calls in and out?

Text in and out?

For data log into your self serve account and check under My Data and add-ons. Is there a line for data or none at all?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Can you log into your self serve account and see if you have a data line. (400 of 1,024)

Are you connected to Public Mobile? Do other services work? Calling say?

Need Help? Let's chat.